JACKSON FAMILY Between Rock & Hard Place Over MJ Handprints

2»

Comments

• [size=12pt]Santa Maria man shares story behind Michael Jackson's "The Broken Heart Stone"[/size]<br /><br />Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:31 PM by Monica Quintero<br />Updated: Jan 26, 2011 6:03 PM<br /><br />A twist of fate is the reason a Santa Maria man says he ended up with a unique piece of Michael Jackson memorabilia. It's being called "The Broken Heart Stone" and there's quite a story behind it. If you can believe this, it was actually lost for more than two decades before being found again.<br /> <br />The king of pop was at the top of his career with the Thriller album. In fact, Jackson won eight Grammys and his career seemed unstoppable. During that time, the pop star also created something special. Andrew Wilson, Jackson memorabilia owner, said, "I really believe it's something the world should see." It's a 500 pound cement slab dated June 1984 and features a hand print, footprints and autograph of Jackson.<br /> <br />Wilson said, "I was at the right place, at the right time." The former five time international Kung Fu champion and Santa Maria resident had formed a business relationship with Jackson. He said, "I was very supportive of him during the trial." Wilson even wrote a letter of support for Jackson to a local newspaper. "I got word back from the people at Neverland that Michael had seen it and was very pleased about it," said Wilson.<br /> <br />Wilson says that twist of fate came on the day Jackson died. He arrived in Las Vegas and ran into some of those same people. He said, "People at Neverland knew me and said oh my gosh, I think Michael would love for you to have this." They put him in contact with the then-owner of the impression. Originally, it was made for the Walk of Fame project for the city of Las Vegas but that never materialized. So what's shocking, the stone stayed hidden in the basement of the Riviera Hotel for more than two decades before being sold.<br /> <br />Wilson said, "You can actually look at his hand and you can actually see a heart print." The left palm print features a heart shape design with a crack running through it, that's how the name "The Broken Heart Stone" came about. "A broken heart represents not only Michael but the fans that loved him in his quick and immediate passing," said Wilson. He goes on to say, "I think it's kind of a statement to the world. Yeah, I died with a broken heart and I have fans who have a broken heart because of me."<br /> <br />It's a one-of-a-kind tribute now up for grabs. "The Broken Heart Stone" is being auctioned by a company specializing in Hollywood memorabilia. The auction ends Tuesday, February 15th.<br />http://www.ksby.com/news/santa-maria-man-shares-story-behind-michael-jackson-s-the-broken-heart-stone-/<br /><br />Hmm, I get a totally different impression about Andrew Wilson from this article vs the TMZ's article. We can try to read between the lines, or we can try to read further... (than the lines of TMZ :mrgreen:).<br /><br />L.O.V.E.
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    on 1323037871:
    <br />[size=12pt]Santa Maria man shares story behind Michael Jackson's "The Broken Heart Stone"[/size]<br /><br />Posted: Jan 26, 2011 4:31 PM by Monica Quintero<br />Updated: Jan 26, 2011 6:03 PM<br /><br />A twist of fate is the reason a Santa Maria man says he ended up with a unique piece of Michael Jackson memorabilia. It's being called "The Broken Heart Stone" and there's quite a story behind it. If you can believe this, it was actually lost for more than two decades before being found again.<br /> <br />The king of pop was at the top of his career with the Thriller album. In fact, Jackson won eight Grammys and his career seemed unstoppable. During that time, the pop star also created something special. Andrew Wilson, Jackson memorabilia owner, said, "I really believe it's something the world should see." It's a 500 pound cement slab dated June 1984 and features a hand print, footprints and autograph of Jackson.<br /> <br />Wilson said, "I was at the right place, at the right time." The former five time international Kung Fu champion and Santa Maria resident had formed a business relationship with Jackson. He said, "I was very supportive of him during the trial." Wilson even wrote a letter of support for Jackson to a local newspaper. "I got word back from the people at Neverland that Michael had seen it and was very pleased about it," said Wilson.<br /> <br />Wilson says that twist of fate came on the day Jackson died. He arrived in Las Vegas and ran into some of those same people. He said, "People at Neverland knew me and said oh my gosh, I think Michael would love for you to have this." They put him in contact with the then-owner of the impression. Originally, it was made for the Walk of Fame project for the city of Las Vegas but that never materialized. So what's shocking, the stone stayed hidden in the basement of the Riviera Hotel for more than two decades before being sold.<br /> <br />Wilson said, "You can actually look at his hand and you can actually see a heart print." The left palm print features a heart shape design with a crack running through it, that's how the name "The Broken Heart Stone" came about. "A broken heart represents not only Michael but the fans that loved him in his quick and immediate passing," said Wilson. He goes on to say, "I think it's kind of a statement to the world. Yeah, I died with a broken heart and I have fans who have a broken heart because of me."<br /> <br />It's a one-of-a-kind tribute now up for grabs. "The Broken Heart Stone" is being auctioned by a company specializing in Hollywood memorabilia. The auction ends Tuesday, February 15th.<br />http://www.ksby.com/news/santa-maria-man-shares-story-behind-michael-jackson-s-the-broken-heart-stone-/<br /><br />Hmm, I get a totally different impression about Andrew Wilson from this article vs the TMZ's article. We can try to read between the lines, or we can try to read further... (than the lines of TMZ :mrgreen:).<br /><br />L.O.V.E.<br />
    <br /><br />It's funny they mention Neverland....wasn't there a story about a ton of concrete being sent to Neverland or something like that?<br /><br />I don't get the whole "broken heart" angle.<br /><br />...I see it as the "Heart of Michael"...everything his hands touched was with love. smiley-love029.gif
  • on 1323038712:
    <br /><br />It's funny they mention Neverland....wasn't there a story about a ton of concrete being sent to Neverland or something like that?<br /><br />I don't get the whole "broken heart" angle.<br /><br />...I see it as the "Heart of Michael"...everything his hands touched was with love. smiley-love029.gif<br />
    <br /><br />smiley-love029.gif (I copied your heart smiley because it's so cute)<br />Yes Snoopy I see it as the "Heart of Michael" too, because Michael represents LOVE smiley-love029.gif and not a broken heart. Mr. Wilson meant it well though, because he meant that a lot of fans still suffer from a broken heart since Michael 'died'. <br /><br />I do remember something about a gift to Neverland from India http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO1002/S00177.htm, but that was a statue made from a granite rock.<br /><br />On the picture I noticed that the heart is literally "broken" because in the heart shape in Michael's handprint there's a crack in the concrete. Probably that's the reason the stone is called "The Broken Heart Stone".<br /><br /><br />L.O.V.E. always
  • on 1323036040:
    <br />well I didn't know about this hotel in Vegas<br />
    <br />the hard rock is famous <br />and guess what just scared me<br />i look at hard rock .com<br />and i saw a promo ad saying imagine there no hunger:join us in the fight against hunger and poverty and then i moused over to memorabilia and a photo popped up saying remember LOVE<br />reminds me of mike<br />...take a look<br />http://www.hardrock.com/<br /> moonwalk_/
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    on 1323044449:
    <br />
    on 1323036040:
    <br />well I didn't know about this hotel in Vegas<br />
    <br />the hard rock is famous <br />and guess what just scared me<br />i look at hard rock .com<br />and i saw a promo ad saying imagine there no hunger:join us in the fight against hunger and poverty and then i moused over to memorabilia and a photo popped up saying remember LOVE<br />reminds me of mike<br />...take a look<br />http://www.hardrock.com/<br /> moonwalk_/<br />
    <br /><br />ahhhh....beautiful message "Remember LOVE!!!!!!!!"<br />I'm not sure if this has something to do with MJ but for sure it's a reminder.
  • JennieJennie Posts: 514
    on 1322947875:
    <br />I guess I'm an odd duck....I'd just give it back to the family.  :|<br /><br />Then again, I'm not a big fan of people making money off of celebrity's possessions anyway.<br /><br />...it's just STUFF, it's not the person :?...................and it's kinda creepy   suspicious//<br /><br /><br />Can you imagine someone bidding over your underwear? :roll:<br /><br /><br />I'd rather have a hug or a conversation with MJ over anything he's ever owned....but that's just me  :mrgreen:<br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />I'm with you on this one, I'd even prefer spending a day with Michael's family if he wasn't available.:)
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    I go with Grace's interpretation about this article from TMZ.