Lil Wayne :"MJ taught me that" in "Mirror" ft. Bruno Mars

everlastinglove_MJeverlastinglove_MJ Posts: 2,884
One of my fav songs atm.<br /><br />Check this out at 2:30: "MJ taught me that"  :icon_e_wink:<br /><br />& interesting lyrics:<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br />
[size=10pt][Lil Wayne:]<br /> With everything happening today<br /> You don't know whether you're coming or going<br /> But you think that you're on your way<br /> Life lined up on the mirror don't blow it<br /> Look at me when I'm talking to you<br /> You looking at me but I'm looking through you<br /> I see the blood in your eyes<br /> I see the love in disguise<br /> I see the pain hidden in your pride<br /> I see you're not satisfied<br /> And I don't see nobody else<br /> I see myself I'm looking at the<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Mirror on the wall, here we are again<br /> Through my rise and fall<br /> You've been my only friend<br /> You told me that they can't understand the man I am<br /> So why are we here talkin' to each other again?<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br /> Uh, I see the truth in your lies<br /> I see nobody by your side<br /> But I'm with you when you are all alone<br /> And you correct me when I'm looking wrong<br /> I see the guilt beneath the shame<br /> I see your soul through your window pane<br /> I see the scars that remain<br /> I see you Wayne, I'm looking at the...<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Mirror on the wall, here we are again ([Wayne:] Yeah)<br /> Through my rise and fall ([Wayne:] Uh-Huh)<br /> You've been my only friend ([Wayne:] my only friend)<br /> You told me that they can't understand the man I am ([Wayne:] they can understand)<br /> So why are we here ([Wayne:] misunderstood) talkin' to each other again?<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br /> Looking at me now I can see my past<br /> Damn I look just like my fucking dad<br /> Light it up, that's smoke in mirrors<br /> I even look good in the broken mirror<br /> I see my momma smile that's a blessing<br /> I see the change, I see the message<br /> And no message could've been any clearer<br /> So I'm startin' with the man in the...<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Mirror on the wall,<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br />MJ taught me that.<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Here we are again<br /> Through my rise and fall<br /> You've been my only friend<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br /> Take 'em to Mars man<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> You told me that they can't understand the man I am<br /> So why are we talkin' to each other again?<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br /> Uh...<br /> <br />Mirror on the wall, here we are again ([Wayne:] yeah)<br /> Through my rise and fall<br /> You've been my only friend ([Wayne:] Any questions?)<br /> You told me that they can't ([Wayne:] I come to you) understand the man I am ([Wayne:] You always have the answer)<br /> So why are we here talkin' to each other again?<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Mirror on the wall.<br /> <br />[Wayne:]<br /> Ay, B.P.<br /> Looks like I did take 'em to Mars this time<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> (So why are we talking to each other again?) [/size] <br />
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lilwayne/mirror.html<br /><br />L.O.V.E.

Comments

• AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860
    Interesting indeed. It seems a tribute! <br />BTW... I love Bruno Mars.
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    I know we talked about the vid back in February/March this year. <br /><br />If anyone is interested:<br /><br />Here:<br /><br />Mirror - Lil Wayne ft. Bruno Mars (Official Video)<br /><br />and here:<br /><br />Reference to The Man in the Mirror<br /><br />
  • On the other thread I was talking about Nicki Minaj and her songs that seems to be related to Michael or his hoax and then I said that lately it seems that some black rappers knows about the hoax and they sing about it. I knew about this song too.
  • lacta89lacta89 Posts: 88
    When I first heard it it gave me goosbamps...Especially after he says the lines which are related to Michael and then:"...through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend,they told me that they can't understand the man I am... SO MUCH related to "The Man in the Mirror ;)
  • Yeah, black singers are supporting Michael's hoax.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    My guilty pleasure is Weezy  :icon_lol:
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I kinda like Weezy myself, lol. 
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    ...and Bruno Mars - definitely hats off to him.  He doesn't get the credit he deserves, IMO.  He is awesome!
  • on 1339770510:
    <br />...and Bruno Mars - definitely hats off to him.  He doesn't get the credit he deserves, IMO.  He is awesome!<br />
    <br /><br />Agree with you.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    yes, bruno mars definitely deserves a lot more than he's gotten.
  • emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
    on 1339706906:
    <br />One of my fav songs atm.<br /><br />Check this out at 2:30: "MJ taught me that"  :icon_e_wink:<br /><br />& interesting lyrics:<br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />
    [size=10pt][Lil Wayne:]<br /> With everything happening today<br /> You don't know whether you're coming or going<br /> But you think that you're on your way<br /> Life lined up on the mirror don't blow it<br /> Look at me when I'm talking to you<br /> You looking at me but I'm looking through you<br /> I see the blood in your eyes<br /> I see the love in disguise<br /> I see the pain hidden in your pride<br /> I see you're not satisfied<br /> And I don't see nobody else<br /> I see myself I'm looking at the<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Mirror on the wall, here we are again<br /> Through my rise and fall<br /> You've been my only friend<br /> You told me that they can't understand the man I am<br /> So why are we here talkin' to each other again?<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br /> Uh, I see the truth in your lies<br /> I see nobody by your side<br /> But I'm with you when you are all alone<br /> And you correct me when I'm looking wrong<br /> I see the guilt beneath the shame<br /> I see your soul through your window pane<br /> I see the scars that remain<br /> I see you Wayne, I'm looking at the...<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Mirror on the wall, here we are again ([Wayne:] Yeah)<br /> Through my rise and fall ([Wayne:] Uh-Huh)<br /> You've been my only friend ([Wayne:] my only friend)<br /> You told me that they can't understand the man I am ([Wayne:] they can understand)<br /> So why are we here ([Wayne:] misunderstood) talkin' to each other again?<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br /> Looking at me now I can see my past<br /> Damn I look just like my fucking dad<br /> Light it up, that's smoke in mirrors<br /> I even look good in the broken mirror<br /> I see my momma smile that's a blessing<br /> I see the change, I see the message<br /> And no message could've been any clearer<br /> So I'm startin' with the man in the...<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Mirror on the wall,<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br />MJ taught me that.<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Here we are again<br /> Through my rise and fall<br /> You've been my only friend<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br /> Take 'em to Mars man<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> You told me that they can't understand the man I am<br /> So why are we talkin' to each other again?<br /> <br />[Lil Wayne:]<br /> Uh...<br /> <br />Mirror on the wall, here we are again ([Wayne:] yeah)<br /> Through my rise and fall<br /> You've been my only friend ([Wayne:] Any questions?)<br /> You told me that they can't ([Wayne:] I come to you) understand the man I am ([Wayne:] You always have the answer)<br /> So why are we here talkin' to each other again?<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> Mirror on the wall.<br /> <br />[Wayne:]<br /> Ay, B.P.<br /> Looks like I did take 'em to Mars this time<br /> <br />[Bruno Mars:]<br /> (So why are we talking to each other again?) [/size] <br />
    http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lilwayne/mirror.html<br /><br />L.O.V.E.<br />
    <br />thank you Everlastinglove for the lyrics and video! :) I love that song, too. When I heard that song for the first time, I was like- that lyrics screams MJ, they are awesome, I like what they are saying in the song! Michael has strong support around him!  :icon_razz:
  • Lil wayne also called Michael a "faggot". I dont mean to damper the mood, but it is what it is.
  • emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
    on 1339789304:
    <br />Lil wayne also called Michael a "faggot". I dont mean to damper the mood, but it is what it is.<br />
    <br /> :affraid:  when? I did not know about that.
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    I like this song and really had not heard from Bruno Mars and Lil Wayne. I definitely have the lyrics of MJ. Michael is a reference for many musicians and never go unnoticed.<br />Everlastinglove Thanks for sharing. Peace and Love<br /><br />                                  :bearhug:<br /><br />                  scaled.php?server=844&filename=tequieroms.jpg&res=landing
  • I cant respect lil wayne after some ignorant shit like that. Im not saying he's a bad person, but still, calling some a "fag" just for laughs. Rappers (in general) are plain ignorant
  • on 1339791701:
    <br />I cant respect lil wayne after some ignorant shit like that. Im not saying he's a bad person, but still, calling some a "fag" just for laughs. Rappers (in general) are plain ignorant<br />
    <br /><br />You know one thing the 60% of US citizens think Michael is a faggy but the most of them are just jealous, that's all, this :images: to all of them.
  • AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860
    on 1339793462:
    <br />
    on 1339791701:
    <br />I cant respect lil wayne after some ignorant shit like that. Im not saying he's a bad person, but still, calling some a "fag" just for laughs. Rappers (in general) are plain ignorant<br />
    <br /><br />You know one thing the 60% of US citizens think Michael is a faggy but the most of them are just jealous, that's all, this :images: to all of them.<br />
    <br /><br />Envy is a drug and can  kill. I hope this is not the case here.