it's actually Dr. (Michael) Jackson HLD.

2»

Comments

• Sim Patty!!!!! So glad this thread was reposted! I MISSED THE VIDEO YOU POSTED AND AM HOPING EVERYONE WHO MISSED IT WILL WATCH OR REWATCH. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!!! It really SPEAKS to Michael's power of using his artistic genius to change social paradigms. And he DID....(DOES!!!)<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
    on 1344688638:
    <br />Video maker's comment:<br /><br /><br />30/Jun/09: A brilliant conversation with two of America's most recognized critics on Michael Jackson's cultural and social impact both globally and specifically for Black people. <br /><br />[size=18pt]"Michael Jackson fundamentally altered the terms of the debate about African American music. He was a chocolate, cherubic-faced genius with an African American halo. He was a kid who was capable of embodying all of the high possibilities and the deep griefs that besieged the African American psyche... for America to miss that is to miss the fact that Michael Jackson argued against the very deep and profound bowels of White supremacy in the belly of American political culture... <br /><br />The reality is Michael Jackson's humanity is so deep, the implications and inferences of his art so monumentally and magnificently global, that nothing American television could do to besmirch his character could ever, if you will, deny the legitimate genius that he represents"<br />
    <br />
    [/size]
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    @Loveunited:  :bearhug:
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    @Loveunited:    [size=12pt]GREATEST !!![/size]    :bearhug:
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Loveunited, absolutely wonderful quote on the global and historical impact of MJ!  I really believe one day the whole world will recognize this as well. <br /> :moonwalk_:
  • on 1355049046:
    <br />Loveunited, absolutely wonderful quote on the global and historical impact of MJ!  I really believe one day the whole world will recognize this as well. <br /> :moonwalk_:<br />
    <br /><br />[size=14pt] Yes!  And we starts with US. Not only pointing to his achievment, but carrying it on OURSELVES. [/size]