Statement on Janet's website...

13»

Comments

• on 1344200235:
    <br />Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I must be missing something about Janet. Why do we think she is just now joining the hoax?<br /><br />It was Janet who appeared at the awards show 2 days after the "d**th* to give the famous statement "To you he was an icon. To us he was family". Or, something of that nature.<br /><br />It was Janet who performed SCREAM at another award show that so many thought Michael was there for or possibly even performing in the background.<br /><br />It was Janet who performed on American Idol where an extra person showed up in the background.<br /><br />It was Janet who gave conflicting stories about where she was that day when she found out.<br /><br />It was Janet who stood by Paris for support and guidance in her famous memorial speech.<br /><br />It was Janet who gave that interview where she couldn't quit smiling.<br /><br />It was Janet who said she'd wear black for a year in honor of Michael yet a couple of months (or even weeks) later she was seen wearing all white and out partying with her sister LaToya for New Years.<br /><br />It was Janet who cut off her hair to resemble Michael in that picture with his eye colored blue.<br /><br />It was Janet who showed up at court wearing that man's suit.<br /><br />It was Janet who showed up at Forest Lawn on the 1 year anniversary along with Randy and Jermaine when they had that small private service.<br /><br />It goes on - but Janet didn't just "show up". She's been there since the start. It's just that her role in this has gone from passive to aggressive. Hang in there - you've made it this far. Let's see it through to the end.<br /><br />Blessings<br />
    <br /><br />@ voice. great post. I somehow missed it back in Aug... Yes Janet DEF there from the start. Conflicting stories about where she was and how she heard the news were the first sign.<br /><br />Can u pls explain (briefly) if you are inclined, 'the mans suit' I missed that and call me daft, but I fail to make the connect..<br />cheers
  • on 1344042116:
    <br />[size=12pt]Just noticed this hit Twitter...[/size]<br /><br /><br />http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/statement-of-blair-g-brown-on-behalf-of-janet-jackson-randy-jackson-and-rebbie-jackson<br /><br />STATEMENT.jpg<br />
    <br /><br />I don't saw the treat untill now and i wonder about this statement..<br /><br />Is is a great Law Firm with several lawyers...more then  i can find about Branca and so on....<br /><br />But the statement has no date and no signature....everyone could have written it who has a blank paper from that office. Without date and signature it is nothing....<br /><br />
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    on 1344042116:
    <br />[size=12pt]Just noticed this hit Twitter...[/size]<br /><br /><br />http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/statement-of-blair-g-brown-on-behalf-of-janet-jackson-randy-jackson-and-rebbie-jackson<br /><br />STATEMENT.jpg<br />
    <br /><br /><br />https://www.facebook.com/arnold.klein<br /><br />[size=12pt]Arnold W. Klein<br /><br />Yesterday<br /><br />This is not about a conspiracy this is simply about greed. Michael's catalogue brings in $700 million a year. Anyone with a double digit IQ knows this Will is a fake. So I am not here to rant because I did that long ago. I am just here to tell you the truth.[/size]<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />You don't say Arnie? So what's REALLY going on :icon_e_geek:
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    700 million?  The truth huh... This gives us confidence in the other things he says. :-[<br /><br />
    Zack O'Malley Greenburg, Forbes Staff<br />The largest jewel in Jackson’s financial crown, both in life and in death, is his 50% stake in the Sony/ATV music publishing catalog. Purchased by Jackson for $47.5 million in 1985 from the late Australian billionaire Robert Holmes a Court, it now includes hits from the Beatles, Elvis Presley and others (Jackson’s attorney quickly sold an incidental chunk of the catalog for $6 million, bringing the true purchase price even lower).<br /><br />Within ten years of buying ATV, Jackson would merge the catalog with Sony’s in exchange for an upfront payment of $95 million and a 50% stake in the joint venture, Sony/ATV.<br /><br />The combined entity has continued to reinvest dividends in new copyrights and is now worth at least $2 billion, judging by the recent sale of the comparable EMI catalog for $2.2 billion–and today throws off <br />some [size=12pt]$50-$75 million[/size] annually.
    <br />http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2012/02/17/why-whitney-houston-wont-match-michael-jacksons-postmortem-earnings-part-2/
  • There is something going through my head everytime i read " They will kill me for my catalogue " <br /><br />When he is dead the legacy owns his catalogue ? Right ? No other had any benefit ...only the family. <br /><br />No other gets nearer to the rights of the catalogue.....so why and who wants to kill him ? <br /><br />It's so difficult to explain in english....i hope you understand what i mean....it's like i want a house that i like.....i don't get it when i kill the owner because then it belongs his family.....not one step nearer...<br /><br />Please tell me if i am wrong and there are contracts with other rules.<br /><br />Love from germany  :bearhug:
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    You explained very well underthemoon!  It's similar to when people say 'follow the money' - as far as I can see MJ('s estate) is raking it in!
    on 1358504706:
    <br />You explained very well underthemoon!  It's similar to when people say 'follow the money' - as far as I can see MJ('s estate) is raking it in!<br />
    <br /><br />Question is are they being truthful with the figures?<br /><br />{ The combined entity has continued to reinvest dividends in new copyrights and is now worth at least $2 billion}<br /><br /><br />Like in Janet's statement, [they have nothing to gain challenging the will.] <br /><br />The "Estate" gets 40%<br /><br />Katherine 40% <br /><br />Charity 20% (you might as well call this the TAX Deduction) <br /><br /><br />So now that the bills have all been paid/settled by the "estate"......the "estate" {Branca/McClain} will continue to receive 40%? :suspect:....I'd be raising hell too!<br /><br />I might be over simplifying it a bit, but clearly I can see the issue. :WTF:
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    'The Estate' is not Branca and McClain. They are merely the executors of the estate (An estate is the net worth of a person at any point in time. It is the sum of a person's assets – legal rights, interests and entitlements to property of any kind – less all liabilities at that time. The issue is of special legal significance on a question of bankruptcy and death of the person. Souce: wikipedia) and according to TMZ they get a 10% fee. Normally this would be lower, but given the fact that this is probably one of the largest and most complex estates, I don't think it's unreasonable. This is what California probate law says:<br /><br />
    PROBATE CODE <br />SECTION 10800-10805 <br /><br />10800.  (a) Subject to the provisions of this part, for ordinary<br />services the personal representative shall receive compensation based<br />on the value of the estate accounted for by the personal<br />representative, as follows:<br />  (1) Four percent on the first one hundred thousand dollars<br />($100,000).<br />  (2) Three percent on the next one hundred thousand dollars<br />($100,000).<br />  (3) Two percent on the next eight hundred thousand dollars<br />($800,000).<br />  (4) One percent on the next nine million dollars ($9,000,000).<br />  (5) One-half of one percent on the next fifteen million dollars<br />($15,000,000).<br />  (6) For all amounts above twenty-five million dollars<br />($25,000,000), a reasonable amount to be determined by the court.<br />  (b) For the purposes of this section, the value of the estate<br />accounted for by the personal representative is the total amount of<br />the appraisal value of property in the inventory, plus gains over the<br />appraisal value on sales, plus receipts, less losses from the<br />appraisal value on sales, without reference to encumbrances or other<br />obligations on estate property.<br /><br />http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=prob&group=10001-11000&file=10800-10805
    <br /><br />
    Large and Complex Estates<br />The California Probate Code does not set a percentage for the executor to receive if the total value of the estate is greater than $25 million. In these cases, the court will set a reasonable fee for the executor, according to the California Probate Code. Likewise, if the estate is smaller than $25 million but is particularly complex, the probate court may set a larger fee than that calculated by the California Probate Code. The fee may be a percentage of the estate, or it may be a flat or hourly rate.<br /><br />http://info.legalzoom.com/monetary-percentage-executor-california-4635.html
    <br /><br />'The Estate' in this case is still MJ, since he is not dead. Katherine is supposed to get 40% but we all know she only gets an allowance and still didn't receive her 40% after almost 4 years, and I bet she always had that allowance, same goes for the kids. I think charities still receive what has always been donated so nothing has changed, except for the fact that the executors now handle MJ's estate as long as he's in his batcave, and they get paid to deal with all that shit. Why doesn't Katherine get her 40%? Because MJ isn't dead. Assuming the real will would state something similar.<br /><br />So in other words, as I see it, 100% goes to MJ, he pays Branca & McClain the fee they agreed on for handling his estate in his absence, he still donates to charity and Katherine and the kids get their allowance. I don't see a problem.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

If Branca/McClain are simply receiving a "fee" then why the raucous over the validity of the will?  :icon_e_confused:<br /><br />Statement:<br /><br />[size=12pt][The individuals who have the most to lose by a finding that the will is invalid are, of course the executors and those on the executors payroll ][/size]<br /><br />Statement:<br />[size=12pt]<br />[What will be gained by a finding of invalidity is that the executors will be replaced and the estate and the guardianship will be managed in a manner that is in the best interest of the children, which is what Michael wanted][/size]<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]If the family knows Michael is alive, then why challenge the financial set up?  <br /><br /><br />If Michael is already in control of the estate (and Branca/McClain are just running it for only a "fee"), then why challenge the will to change the executors? <br /> <br /><br /><br />[/size](From the siblings perspective they get nothing for doing so either way!)<br /><br /><br /><br />This is the part that doesn't make sense to me.  :suspect:<br /><br /><br />I can see if Michael is alive why the family wouldn't be paid the 40% (only an allowance), but if they know he's alive WHY CHALLENGE IT?<br /><br /><br /><br />there's something not right here.....that's all I'm saying.<br />
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    <br /><br />I think they challenged the will to see if anyone would catch on that fake will = fake death.  Sometimes it's put out there so obviously that Michael is alive, they're giving the clues, sometimes practically shouting them.  When Michael comes back, pretty much everyone will have had the opportunity to find for themselves that he never died but they ignored that chance to be a part of the greatest show on Earth.
    on 1358530981:
    <br /> <br />I think they challenged the will to see if anyone would catch on that fake will = fake death.  Sometimes it's put out there so obviously that Michael is alive, they're giving the clues, sometimes practically shouting them.  When Michael comes back, pretty much everyone will have had the opportunity to find for themselves that he never died but they ignored that chance to be a part of the greatest show on Earth.<br />
    <br /><br />I hope that is the case, because we've read nothing but story after story of people who fleeced Michael for money (and are still trying to do so). Heck he wrote a song about it!<br /><br /><br />...the catalog alone is worth over 2 billion....what's the "fee/percentage" for managing that?  hmmmm.... :icon_e_confused:<br /><br /><br /><br />.....I just don't hold the executors exempt from the greed rule!....jmo :icon_neutral:
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1358531295:
    <br />
    on 1358530981:
    <br /> <br />I think they challenged the will to see if anyone would catch on that fake will = fake death.  Sometimes it's put out there so obviously that Michael is alive, they're giving the clues, sometimes practically shouting them.  When Michael comes back, pretty much everyone will have had the opportunity to find for themselves that he never died but they ignored that chance to be a part of the greatest show on Earth.<br />
    <br /><br />I hope that is the case, because we've read nothing but story after story of people who fleeced Michael for money (and are still trying to do so). Heck he wrote a song about it!<br /><br /><br />...the catalog alone is worth over 2 billion....what's the "fee/percentage" for managing that?  hmmmm.... :icon_e_confused:<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />.....I just don't hold the executors exempt from the greed rule!....jmo :icon_neutral:<br />
    <br /><br />Of course they are greedy! The more money they fork in, the more money they will get is my bet. Greedy executors are the best if you want to double/triple/quadruple the worth of an estate. If you believe MJ is alive, then I wouldn't just assume he would hand over his billions to see them go up in smoke. <br /><br />We can only assume what their fee is. Either way, Branca and McClain are two very wealthy executors.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

So the suit against AEG scheduled for April :icon_question: :icon_e_confused: <br /><br />Is that filed independent of the estate? or by the estate?<br /><br /><br /><br />I guess what I'm trying to understand is who is fighting for who and for what?  :judge-smiley:
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Souza<br />
    'The Estate' in this case is still MJ, since he is not dead. Katherine is supposed to get 40% but we all know she only gets an allowance and still didn't receive her 40% after almost 4 years, and I bet she always had that allowance, same goes for the kids. I think charities still receive what has always been donated so nothing has changed, except for the fact that the executors now handle MJ's estate as long as he's in his batcave, and they get paid to deal with all that shit. Why doesn't Katherine get her 40%? Because MJ isn't dead. Assuming the real will would state something similar.<br /><br />So in other words, as I see it, 100% goes to MJ, he pays Branca & McClain the fee they agreed on for handling his estate in his absence, he still donates to charity and Katherine and the kids get their allowance. I don't see a problem.
    <br />I like this!<br /><br />Snoopy71<br />
    I can see if Michael is alive why the family wouldn't be paid the 40% (only an allowance), but if they know he's alive WHY CHALLENGE IT?
    <br />IMO it is keeping MJ's name circulating in the news; drama is entertaining to the public, and I'm sure the extended Jackson's are happy to work for their brother if they are paid well and it boosts their own music sales. From the break-down Souza provided, 10% is the legal amount Branca and Mclain should be receiving, and I think MJ thinks they are the best and trusts them.  MJ knows people after all these years, unless one buys the weak gullible emaciated scared childish bankrupt drugged MJ.<br /><br />
    on 1358538667:
    <br /><br />Snoopy71<br />
    I can see if Michael is alive why the family wouldn't be paid the 40% (only an allowance), but if they know he's alive WHY CHALLENGE IT?
    <br />IMO it is keeping MJ's name circulating in the news; drama is entertaining to the public, and I'm sure the extended Jackson's are happy to work for their brother if they are paid well and it boosts their own music sales. From the break-down Souza provided, 10% is the legal amount Branca and Mclain should be receiving, and I think MJ thinks they are the best and trusts them.  MJ knows people after all these years, unless one buys the weak gullible emaciated scared childish bankrupt drugged MJ.<br />
    <br /><br />True that!<br /><br />....and MJ does like controversy, so a very public dispute over the will would serve that purpose (it definitely has my attention)  :suspect:<br /><br />I guess like anything else we'll have to wait and see what develops! :compute:
  • on 1358525686:
    <br /><br />'The Estate' in this case is still MJ, since he is not dead. Katherine is supposed to get 40% but we all know she only gets an allowance and still didn't receive her 40% after almost 4 years, and I bet she always had that allowance, same goes for the kids. I think charities still receive what has always been donated so nothing has changed, except for the fact that the executors now handle MJ's estate as long as he's in his batcave, and they get paid to deal with all that shit. Why doesn't Katherine get her 40%? Because MJ isn't dead. Assuming the real will would state something similar.<br /><br />So in other words, as I see it, 100% goes to MJ, he pays Branca & McClain the fee they agreed on for handling his estate in his absence, he still donates to charity and Katherine and the kids get their allowance. I don't see a problem.<br />
    <br /><br />Love this post. It's perfect. Exactly what I have been saying too for ages, Estate = MJ. Branca / Mclain = MJ Mouthpiece.<br /><br />Also, regarding them being greedy, it does make sense. Also I am sure MJ is enjoying and will enjoy showing off his triumph post bam, that even when 'dead' he can still sell records, probably still invest and make bucket loads of money, more money than any other artist currently dead or alive. All without even making appearances. It kinda just demonstrates how invincible he really is in this industry.<br />
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1358530981:
    <br /><br /><br /><br /> :th_bravo:
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    And Arnie talks a lot and says nothing :-[
  • on 1358559464:
    <br />And Arnie talks a lot and says nothing :-[<br />
    <br />+1  :icon_lol:<br /><br /><br />
    on 1358525686:
    <br /><br />'The Estate' in this case is still MJ, since he is not dead. Katherine is supposed to get 40% but we all know she only gets an allowance and still didn't receive her 40% after almost 4 years, and I bet she always had that allowance, same goes for the kids. I think charities still receive what has always been donated so nothing has changed, except for the fact that the executors now handle MJ's estate as long as he's in his batcave, and they get paid to deal with all that shit. Why doesn't Katherine get her 40%? Because MJ isn't dead. Assuming the real will would state something similar.<br /><br />So in other words, as I see it, 100% goes to MJ, he pays Branca & McClain the fee they agreed on for handling his estate in his absence, he still donates to charity and Katherine and the kids get their allowance. I don't see a problem. <br />
    <br /><br />That's a clear story. I choose to believe this too. Obviously, there's a lot of speculation around the MJ estate fueled by the assuming media, one can only guess. Prob in April we will get to know a little more or may be not :icon_neutral:<br /><br />
    on 1358530981:
    <br /><br />Exactly!<br /><br /><br />
  • jadz29858jadz29858 Posts: 122
    Yes Janet seems to be at the center of most things! <br /><br />Janet was the closed to Michael as said "You see we are TWO different people"<br /><br />Janet does not need Michaels money she sure has her own projects that bring her MONEY!<br /><br />Janet's year is 2013! Wedding which is going to be one of the Great events of 2013!!<br /><br />COULD THIS BE THE PLATFORM FOR HER BROTHERS APPEARANCE!<br /><br />It's all coming together now! CAN YOU FEEL IT!<br /><br />THE BEST IS YET TO COME <br /><br />YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!<br /><br />THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH<br /><br />Is about to take place!
  • on 1358616699:
    <br />Yes Janet seems to be at the center of most things! <br /><br />Janet was the closed to Michael as said "You see we are TWO different people"<br /><br />Janet does not need Michaels money she sure has her own projects that bring her MONEY!<br /><br />Janet's year is 2013! Wedding which is going to be one of the Great events of 2013!!<br /><br />COULD THIS BE THE PLATFORM FOR HER BROTHERS APPEARANCE!<br /><br />It's all coming together now! CAN YOU FEEL IT!<br /><br />THE BEST IS YET TO COME <br /><br />YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!<br /><br />THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH<br /><br />Is about to take place!<br />
    <br /><br />If you mean: Janet's wedding, WMA and Lundon's Bridge and the Three Keys, yes you are right it's all coming together now and maybe The New Year Ball Drop and the The Christmas Wreaths were just a misleading clue to keep us stuck in here.
    on 1358531295:
    <br />
    on 1358530981:
    <br />[size=12pt]<br />I hope that is the case, because we've read nothing but story after story of people who fleeced Michael for money (and are still trying to do so). Heck he wrote a song about it!<br /><br /><br />...the catalog alone is worth over 2 billion....what's the "fee/percentage" for managing that?  hmmmm....[/size] :icon_e_confused:<br /><br /><br /><br />.....I just don't hold the executors exempt from the greed rule!....jmo :icon_neutral:<br />
    <br /><br /><br />
    on 1360128510:
    <br />I had posted this on the Branca thread a while back.<br />http://www.scribd.com/doc/102043792/Interfor-Report-John-Branca<br /><br />brancaandm.jpg<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Something about this will business still just does not sit right with me, whatever the reasoning behind challenging it. :icon_e_confused:  :suspect:<br /><br />