CONRAD MURRAY To Take the 5th In Katherine Jackson Suit

2»

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Thanks Wish, what legal mumbo-jumbo! And the labyrinth assures that only lawyers can find the way to clear or incriminate you. It hardly seems about justice anymore, just how good your lawyer is.<br /> <br />
    Exceptions<br />Assuming that the six factors are present, the Miranda rule would apply unless the prosecution can establish that the statement falls within an exception to the Miranda rule.[54] The three exceptions are (1) the routine booking question exception[55] (2) the jail house informant exception and (3) the public safety exception. Arguably only the last is a true exception–the first two can better be viewed as consistent with the Miranda factors. For example, questions that are routinely asked as part of the administrative process of arrest and custodial commitment are not considered "interrogation" under Miranda because they are not intended or likely to produce incriminating responses. Nonetheless, all three circumstances are treated as exceptions to the rule. The jail house informant exception applies to situations where the suspect does not know that he is speaking to a state-agent; either a police officer posing as a fellow inmate, a cellmate working as an agent for the state or a family member or friend who has agreed to cooperate with the state in obtaining incriminating information.[57] The window of opportunity for the exception is small. Once the suspect is formally charged, the Sixth Amendment right to counsel would attach and surreptitious interrogation would be prohibited.[58] The public safety exception applies where circumstances present a clear and present danger to the public's safety and the officers have reason to believe that the suspect has information that can end the emergency.
    <br />Does the justice system care if CM was only a hired assassin--AEG (#2 above), or do they care if he plays around with the lives of future patients--not following standard medical practises (#3 above).
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Good question MJonmind......I don't think the justice system does care.  <br />I guess it's just JailHouse Rock, lol......<br />
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Conrad doing a video taping in the middle of a felony trial is ludicrous  :ghsdf:  Can anyone remember this ever happening in any other high profile case?  First off, computers, etc. I though were not allowed and that this kind of carrying on would constitute a breach.  Usually sequester is in order.  Why was this allowed? It wasn’t a real trial is all I can come up with.  Surely the judge would’ve thrown the book at him and his attorneys for allowing this to be done & then televised.  NOT ALLOWED!
    Yep yep yep Hes......totally ludicrous.  In the 2005 trial, Michael had made a video, if I am remembering.  It was a brief video in which he told the world of his innocence.......<br />OK....I went searching......I found two....same wording:<br /><br />
    <br /><br />and this one:<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Now, these are in no way the same as CM's video...but he did give a statement.  Ugh.....<br />I hate seeing this video.....I remember it now and am remembering the whole trial crap.....<br />I feel my heart racing at the thought of it all.......  :icon_e_sad:<br /><br />Anyways.....I think if CM's trial were completely real, yes, the judge would have thrown the book at him......<br />even the "innocent until proven guilty" line would have been questionable with CM's actions.  Just don't know<br />what to think.  But, I do still believe one thing...the best is yet to come!  :fresse:<br /><br />Blessings <br /><br /><br />
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    If I’m not mistaken, Michael did this interview before the trial commenced didn’t he?  I’m pulling my hair trying to remember.  :Pulling_hair:
  • on 1363733128:
    <br />If I’m not mistaken, Michael did this interview before the trial commenced didn’t he?  I’m pulling my hair trying to remember.  :Pulling_hair:<br />
    <br />I believe so...although I'm not too sure if I trust my memory anymore lol<br /><br />Thanks Wishy for explaining how Murray can be re-tried...it makes sense, doesn't seem too fair but it makes a lot of sense
    on 1363885742:
    <br />
    on 1363733128:
    <br />If I’m not mistaken, Michael did this interview before the trial commenced didn’t he?  I’m pulling my hair trying to remember.  :Pulling_hair:<br />
    <br />I believe so...although I'm not too sure if I trust my memory anymore lol<br /><br />Thanks Wishy for explaining how Murray can be re-tried...it makes sense, doesn't seem too fair but it makes a lot of sense<br />
    <br /><br />Hey there......I went looking for when it was made...and found a much better set of videos........here they are...they are great! <br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />