TMZ Playing the Waiting Game?

mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
edited January 1970 in News
Well guys... don't laugh at me but I have been pondering and pondering possible reasons why TMZ have not placed MJ in the RIP list (besides the possibility of a hoax) and I am wondering.. could it be because MJ's investigation has not be completed? Just wondering. I know that several members on here have emailed Harvey asking why but have not gotten a response which I find totally disturbing. Maybe we need to research the other celebs on the list? Because if I am not mistaken we pretty much know what happened to Farah Fawcett, Ed, and Brittany??? DO you see where I am going with this? Maybe the other celebs cases have been closed or they died from natural causes? Can we link the list to TMZ's reason for not putting MJ (the biggest celebrity in the world) on the list? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Comments

• b/c he is not dead <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    maybe they will say he has his own subsection (like <!-- w -->www.tmz.com/michaeljackson<!-- w --> or somethign)... then again I am sure all the celebs do.. I don't get it either! I have asked on TMZ live like everyday.. harvey will answer my other Mj questions but not that one! <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
  • Brittanys reason for death hasnt been officially recorded as far as i know... they are still waiting for toxicology results for her?
  • @DancingTheDream you're right
    this is from TMZ:
    Brittany Murphy 911 Tape
    Posted Jan 8th 2010 4:02PM by TMZ Staff
    (...)
    Murphy passed away on December 20. A cause of death has not yet been determined.
  • Well guys... don't laugh at me but I have been pondering and pondering possible reasons why TMZ have not placed MJ in the RIP list (besides the possibility of a hoax) and I am wondering.. could it be because MJ's investigation has not be completed? Just wondering. I know that several members on here have emailed Harvey asking why but have not gotten a response which I find totally disturbing. Maybe we need to research the other celebs on the list? Because if I am not mistaken we pretty much know what happened to Farah Fawcett, Ed, and Brittany??? DO you see where I am going with this? Maybe the other celebs cases have been closed or they died from natural causes? Can we link the list to TMZ's reason for not putting MJ (the biggest celebrity in the world) on the list? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    omg I was just thinking that to day!!!! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> But I think b/c he is alive <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • JennieJennie Posts: 514
    IMO it souldn't matter wether his ivestigation is closed yet or not. IF, and that's a big IF he's dead, well he's dead and he should be allowed to rest in peace wether he was murdered or died of natural causes.
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    You are totally right! Brittney's case is still open so.. yep! Makes no sense! And it makes no sense why Harvey has not addressed this BIG question. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • You are totally right! Brittney's case is still open so.. yep! Makes no sense! And it makes no sense why Harvey has not addressed this BIG question. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    so he put her name on the RIP list???? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • When I heard about Brittany passing, as bad as it may seem, I immediately ran to the RIP list to see if they had her listed and sure enough, they did. No one knew what she had died from yet as the autopsy hadn't even been done. As far as I know, the ONLY other celeb they have not added to the list other than Michael is that DJ AM guy, unless they added him recently. Kinda makes you wonder about DJ AM too huh? lol
  • I've been trying to find the RIP section on TMZ. Where do you find it? Thanks.
  • mjlovebugmjlovebug Posts: 122
    i thank that this wasn't just b/c the case on his death is still open
    if the will put the death of a Great Dane named Rumpus. then they would put Michael Jackson in there. i thank that this does mean something. and if it was a mistake and everyone has been sending them emails asking them why he is not on there then they would have fix it. this was done on for a reason
  • So will they list MJ's Geraffes? Since they are now "dead" also?
  • mjlovebugmjlovebug Posts: 122
    So will they list MJ's Geraffes? Since they are now "dead" also?

no they wouldn't be added, the giraffes were not in entertainment, but the dog on the other hand was in a few music videos, so he was added to the list, they said that he was an actor
  • SabrinaSabrina Posts: 342
    Well, now the MJ investigation is complete and he's not in the RIP list
    Now the only reason we have is that he's alive
  • yspaddayspadda Posts: 86
    The fact they didn't put MJ on the list doesn't make sense - at least we have all the reasons to find it weird, especially if we keep in mind that in an inverview with the Huffington Post, Harvey Levine stated that he published the news of MJ's death when he was 100% sure. At least that's how we can interprete the following :
    "Lemon: You broke the story before the time of death from the coroner.
    Harvey: Well, before it was officially announced. We really knew this significantly before even what was going on, but this was, you know, crossing every t. We were positive when we put it up. We put it up when we were 100% positive."

The whole thing on the site : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/06/tmzs-harvey-levin-on-jack_n_226222.html
    But it's true that the way he expressed it is rather convoluted and weird, especially that very phrase: 'We really knew this significantly before even what was going on, but this was, you know, crossing every t'.
    Strange formulation for a man who was a lawyer and is supposed to be able to deliver a clear speach.