Repost: Elvis Presley / Michael Jackson parallels

2»

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    On Linda's website, <!-- m -->http://lindahoodsigmontruth.com/page57<!-- m -->, she posted this on Feb. 22, 2011. It's an excerpt from producer Jerry Weintraub's new memoir, "When I Stop Talking, You'll Know I'm Dead", due out in April.

"At Presley's funeral, his father Vernon, and his manager, Col. Tom Parker, argued about whether it was appropriate to sell Elvis-themed mementos to mourners in the street. Weintraub relates, "I got between them and said something like, 'What's wrong with you guys? The body's in the next room. We're about to leave for the funeral. Have some respect.' "What a bizarre moment, the entire world gathered around the house in tears, and in a room in the house, the old man and the Colonel arguing about T-shirts."

First thing that came to my mind when I read this was another "bizarre moment", namely, Joe Jackson at the BET Awards in 2009, trying to promote his new record company. Don't know if this is a true parallel or not, but thought I'd post and get your opinion. L.O.V.E.

I was thinking the exact same thing while reading that. That could very well be another parallel.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I've been thinking about the similarities between Dr Murray and Elvis's Dr Nick... full name... George Nichopoulos.
    Elvis's creed was TCB which stood for Taking Care of Business. Dr Nick had his own version of TCB which was taking care of broads. He apparently really loved the ladies. As does Conrad Murray according to TMZ, with his juggling act of wife, girlfriend and stripper.
    It has been said of Dr Nick he was not only a family doctor, he was also an internist. Dr Murray is supposedly a cardioligist that firstly treated one of Michael's children.
    Dr Nick is quoted as saying Elvis was also his friend and he cared deeply for him. Murray has been saying he loves Michael's mother and his children, even going so far as to say they are his children.
    Dr Nick apparently wrote thousands of prescriptions for his demanding star patient. Murray anaesthetises his patient on demand.
    Dr Nick eventually stands trial but it takes 4 years to happen. Michael says in TII we have 4 years to get it right? Not too sure if that is a parallel and I hope Murray has his day in court before then, but his court case has been pushed back as well.
    This is a link to an old article that TooGood posted along time ago, where Papa Joe is talking about Michael trying to get prescriptions for drugs off of Elvis's Dr Nickhttp://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/123246/Elvis-link-to-Michael-Jackson-s-pills/