*****UPDATE*****Murray to face Manslaughter

THE JACKSONOLOGISTTHE JACKSONOLOGIST Posts: 1,304
edited January 1970 in News
just saw this on the front page of MSN.com from the Associated Press.....

<!-- m -->http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35203366/ns ... ?GT1=43001<!-- m -->

AP: Jackson’s doc to face manslaughter charge
Official: Prosecutor will file criminal complaint against Conrad Murray

updated 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
LOS ANGELES - Prosecutors plan to charge Michael Jackson’s doctor with manslaughter rather than take the case to a grand jury, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press Tuesday.

Prosecutors will file a criminal complaint against Dr. Conrad Murray, who practices in Houston, instead of taking the case before a grand jury, which is done in private, the official said.

The person is not authorized to speak publicly about the case and only spoke on condition of anonymity.

The complaint would be the prelude to a public hearing in which a judge would weigh testimony from witnesses to decide if there is probable cause to try him on an involuntary manslaughter charge.

Jackson died June 25 from an anesthetic overdose. Murray maintains nothing he gave Jackson should have killed him.

Murray arrived in Los Angeles last weekend in anticipation of a charging decision from the district attorney’s office, a spokeswoman said Tuesday.

“Dr. Murray is in Los Angeles for a dual purpose — on family business and to be available for law enforcement,” said spokeswoman Miranda Sevcik. “We’re trying to be as cooperative as we can.”

There is no official word on when an announcement about any charges might come. David Walgren, the deputy Los Angeles County district attorney handling the case, declined to comment Tuesday.

The district attorney’s office has for weeks been working closely with Los Angeles Police Department investigators to build a case against Murray.

Jackson, 50, hired Murray to be his personal physician as he prepared for a strenuous series of comeback performances in London. He died in Los Angeles after Murray administered the powerful general anesthetic propofol and two other sedatives to get the chronic insomniac to sleep, according to the Los Angeles County coroner’s office, which ruled the death a homicide.

Murray has denied any criminal wrongdoing.

“We continue to maintain that Dr. Murray neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Michael Jackson,” Sevcik said.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

• KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    ah okay..so it will not take place in front of the grand jury, it will stay private...

interesting...
  • So we cannot see, we cannot beLIEve... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    So we cannot see, we cannot beLIEve... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Exactly!!

So we don't even know if it will take place or not, it if it's kept private!

Pretty Clever I think
  • Ok, so do you think they will just make it look like they are charging him with mansalaughter , thats why it's all behide close doors ???? OR DO YALL THINK THIS IS IT ,, if they charge him does that think MJ is really gone . I pray this is not what it looks like ...
  • Same that always. If we just get some videos going in and out of court... nothing. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    If we have official evidences, This is it. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    By now, nothing <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
    Exactly!

And again the same photo used, they're showin us for about 7 months now....
  • Since it's bogus anyway, why not take the cheapest route? That way taxpayers lose their ability to bitch about it.
    Same that always. If we just get some videos going in and out of court... nothing. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    If we have official evidences, This is it. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    By now, nothing <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

If there will be a trial anyway <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • Just came across this on Twitter seems to indicate a different view altogether?

Michael Jackson doctor not due to surrender: lawyer

<!-- m -->http://us.mobile.reuters.com/mobile/m/A ... VV20100202<!-- m -->

<!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    There are many different stories out there..

MEDIA SUCKS
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
    ah okay..so it will not take place in front of the grand jury, it will stay private...

interesting...

You're reading it backward guys. It's NOT going before the grand jury to decide whether or not to proceed. and if they proceeded that would be public anyway. They are just going to charge him according to the article. It is the grand jury proceedings that are private.
  • meheremehere Posts: 558
    So we cannot see, we cannot beLIEve... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Right you are! Great comment!
  • The Grand Jury is when a secret jury is formed and the evidence is presented before them and they decide to charge the defendant. If the D A charges him, then all of the evidence will be out there for everyone to see. This makes me think the case is so weak, the DA doesn't feel they can get the grand jury to agree to indict him, so they'll let the public decide.
  • this is not looking good at all

<!-- m -->http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8494682.stm<!-- m -->
  • Larry King is going to cover the story at 9pm EST! CNN is reporting he will turn himself in this week.
  • This is pretty straightforward as i see it. A little research clears up the situation nicely. There is nothing covert going on here folks. Actually, by way of definition, it is quite the opposite. As someone aleady said, a grand jury is held in private - secret. They are not having a grand jury.

'A grand jury is a jury of 12 to 23 persons convened in private session to evaluate accusations against persons charged with crime and to determine whether the evidence warrants a bill of indictment.'

'The use of grand juries has declined in the 20th cent., in part because they were perceived as prone to either prosecutorial domination or abuse of their investigatory role. Britain abandoned them in the 1930s, and today fewer than half of U.S. states employ them. The Information, a written statement issued by a prosecutor, has largely replaced the indictment.'

The 'Information' (a formal list of charges) is filed along with the criminal complaint. If it succeeds it goes to trial.

<!-- m -->http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/ ... 47938.html<!-- m -->
  • From Larry King:

Has not been indited. Will surrender within the next 24-48 hours. They want it away from the media. Involuntary manslaughter seem to be the charges. Will use a crimminal complaint and not a grand jury. DA does not even have charges filed yet. Every indication that it is moving forward.

Toxicology report has not been released. DA has it.

They said it looks bad for him - but someone has to pay. Family wants him to pay. They have to proove that the medication cocktail is what killed him. And it's going to be tough to prove. Lawyer wants to negotiate and not have Murray on TV.
  • DiscoDisco Posts: 286
    So many conflicking reports!!!
    We knew this was going to happen guys, it had to happen...........
    So everyone hang in there forthe ride!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Okay you guys we have to be cool headed.
    This is the first new info in a while.
    Just like you I want to know exactly what is going on.
    But on the other hand there's a couple of things to keep in mind.
    First ya have to remember everything we have learned to this point.

1-We know to be skeptical of media reports even from the biggies AP, Reuters, BBC.
    Even they are not exempt from reporting really big lies concerning global issues.
    2-For 7 months we have kept faith in the hoax theory so decide how strong you are willing to be in the coming weeks. It is time to be very adult & clear headed.
    3-In order to pull off a hoax in the true face of the public things will seem strange, unfair and confusing to us again. So not hearing much may be part of the hoax.

I would like to see us stay organized in keeping track of and considering the validity of who reports what and when and especially what we hear from the Jackson family.
    You know we are being monitored by everyone so what we say can in fact help to protect or damage a hoax. Be aware of people infiltrating this forum with the intention of adding to the confusion or creating diversion.

Things are about to move into a very emotional stress filled phase for us. I have a really hard time myself sorting speculation from valid info.
    I hope we can use the best of our brain power and stick together to the end.

Last I can say is try to see clarity through the illusions. I'm on Michael's side no matter what.

xoxoxo
  • meheremehere Posts: 558
    Man. Now that I think about it, it's only the beginning of second month of 2010. Has this been a busy year so far with regards to MJ and the hoax? So much stuff going down.
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Well according to an article I just read this information is not true. There are too many conflicting stories. If he really was about to face manslaughter I think it would be flashing across every tv screen right now and on the internet.
  • So we cannot see, we cannot beLIEve... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Prelude to a public hearing huh? Hmm they will indite Murray and then MJ will show up at the trial other than that Murray will be set free I think.
  • I think thats what we have to keep telling ourselfs we came here to find out the truth for Michael .. So ok we maybe fixing to find out if this is all a hoax on our behalf as a joke .. or this thing is fixing to blow sky high and Michael will either come out hiding or He'll stay gone forever and we will have to live with this pain we have in our hearts for the rest of our lives ..and will never really know if we lost him or not .. Yall better hold on ...this ride could get alittle bumpy ..lol!
    Either way I'm behide you Michael what ever you do .. I have been a fan from the begaining and I'll be one to the end .. I miss you everyday MJ .. I pray your in a good place ..where ever that maybe ..
    May god bless you and keep Michael .. lori.... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I am ready. This is the cliff hanger in my opinion to the whole story. Once the Murray role is out of the way, then things can start moving swiftly towards the REAL truth. So, I'm putting on my rhinoceros skin and preparing myself to finally know for sure if he is or he isn't. But we've got to get the alleged killer's role done with once and for all. I'm banking on a not guilty verdict due to a preponderance of false, misleading, unproven information or fact, of which plenty is already out there. If heaven forbid it goes the other way, I'll eat my fedora. If MJ is gone, I won't need it anymore anyway <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • But then again Murray could squeak out with a short term sentence after all he seems willing to go along with whatever so far. You know a little plea bargaining goes a long way in the judicial system. I could see where Murray would play out a short term for the benefit of convincing a death did occur in order for Michael's hoax to remain secret.