til he died????

2»

Comments

• mjjveritasmjjveritas Posts: 902
    Datroot, Yes we are still banging on about this. Thank you for your support. I'm sure we both went to school when English was taught properly. There used to be emphasis on grammar and spelling unlike nowadays. I know, by no means am I perfect, but I do try.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    Perhaps we are the only two who can write English properly (lol). Not to be insulting to our friends from across the seas, some of whom speak and write wonderful English. I just get a bit annoyed when I'm told I'm grammatically wrong when I'm not. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    Datroot, I'm glad I'm not the only one battling away. It's perhaps a generational thing or "two nations divided by a common language". But right is right. Language does change and evolve and that's maybe what we are seeing here. I do have respect for non native English speakers and think it's great that everyone participates on the one forum.
  • I thought it was till... that'S how I remember it from school.
    With "I think we can close the post now", I understood that I was wrong <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Sternschen87, That is very magnanimous of you. I can't speak any German I'm afraid to say. I did French at school and it is of a level where it gets me by on holiday. I hope that there are no bad feelings between us and we can continue hoax busting. Emily.
  • No problem. I have already forgotten...
    <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • I FEEL THESE R FALSE CLAIMS .......... NOTHING ELSE.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I find it weird but when I read "until he died" I feel like they're saying that Michael decided to die (=hoax). I would have rather said "until his death". Maybe it's because I'm French and english is not my language <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->