please read great I think

christa33christa33 Posts: 7
edited January 1970 in News
found this michael said this about the concerts

To quit showbusiness at the height of one's powers is no easy thing. And so when I made my Very Special Unique Exclusive Announcement at the O2 Arena the other day, it meant so much to me to be surrounded by the love of my supporters. You know, it's funny: I could only see about 25 people because of the dark glasses and the way the promoters had set up the lighting. But I'm told it was 40,000, and I believe it. Why wouldn't I? I have a trusting soul. And I believe that trust is a sign of God's work here on earth, like a child's simple smile of innocent wonder at the magical sight of a miraculous unicorn, or a tree.

When I say that these concerts - at the O2 Arena in London in summer 2009 - will be the last I ever play, I mean it: they will be the last concerts I ever play at the O2 Arena in London in summer 2009. If Barbra Streisand can say a painful goodbye and then vanish for ever, so can I.

Oh, I expect to be criticised; there are some very, very devilish people out there. They'll say it's a cynical attempt to pay my multimillion-dollar debts. They'll predict that I'll repeat the trick around the world, to squeeze cash from my dwindling core of pathologically enthusiastic fans. But these critics can't feel love; they can't dream; they've never known the joy of a harmless platonic sleepover. They want to divide us, but in the court of the King of Pop, all are welcome: all races, all ages, all creeds and all major credit cards.

Comments

• Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
    Where did you find this? Are you sure it's real? It's kinda... I don't know... not Michael-like. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I don't believe he would say that. Especially the part about his multi-million dollar debt and the part about accepting all major credit cards. Pleeeease <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
    I don't believe he would say that. Especially the part about his multi-million dollar debt and the part about accepting all major credit cards. Pleeeease <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Nor the part about the "Court of the King of Pop". That's a stretch for me.
  • Urmmm...That don't sound like Michael to me.
  • I don't believe it either...
  • Sorry, doesn't sound like Michael at all. Especially the major credit card bit.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    the start was ok but the end not him as far as i would think
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    There wasn't 40,000 at the Press Conference.
  • another hoax
  • rowdyangelrowdyangel Posts: 546
    Those don't sound like words from Michael to me. It's just not 'him'.
  • Sounds like satire to me. It definitely had hints of Michael in it but others were blatantly anti-Michael-esque.
  • Bull shit <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • mmzmmz Posts: 450
    we all agree!!!!
    not Michael style....
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    not buying! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    Total BUll SHIt....our beloved angel doesn't even talk like that. He is much more humble and meek and carefully selcts his words. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • Fedora777Fedora777 Posts: 60
    Pathologically enthusiastic fans <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • mjjveritasmjjveritas Posts: 902
    I also think MJ would spell "criticise" the American way "criticize" with a "z".
  • ZenZen Posts: 341
    There were not 40,000 fans, it is not Michael's words. But, where is the link to source?
  • hopehope Posts: 543
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Thats funny <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • "A painfull goodbye and then vanish forever"...plus "the last concerts AT THE O2 ARENA in London"

Idk whether this is true or not bt these two sentences made me think, what do you think?
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    I just looked up the writer, Oliver Burkeman. He seems to post alot of his OWN interpretation of the events. This is his web page and other articles.

<!-- m -->http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/oliverburkeman<!-- m -->
  • so is this article based on the diary - what happened to the diary?

<!-- m -->http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... kson-diary<!-- m -->
    "Series: A peek at the diary of ...Previous | Next | Index A peek at the diary of ... Michael Jackson (3)Tweet this (1)Oliver Burkeman The Guardian, Saturday 14 March 2009 Article history
    Photograph: Alessia Pierdomenico/Reuters

To quit showbusiness at the height of one's powers is no easy thing. And so when I made my Very Special Unique Exclusive Announcement at the O2 Arena the other day, it meant so much to me to be surrounded by the love of my supporters. You know, it's funny: I could only see about 25 people because of the dark glasses and the way the promoters had set up the lighting. But I'm told it was 40,000, and I believe it. Why wouldn't I? I have a trusting soul. And I believe that trust is a sign of God's work here on earth, like a child's simple smile of innocent wonder at the magical sight of a miraculous unicorn, or a tree."

When I say that these concerts - at the O2 Arena in London in summer 2009 - will be the last I ever play, I mean it: they will be the last concerts I ever play at the O2 Arena in London in summer 2009. If Barbra Streisand can say a painful goodbye and then vanish for ever, so can I.

Oh, I expect to be criticised; there are some very, very devilish people out there. They'll say it's a cynical attempt to pay my multimillion-dollar debts. They'll predict that I'll repeat the trick around the world, to squeeze cash from my dwindling core of pathologically enthusiastic fans. But these critics can't feel love; they can't dream; they've never known the joy of a harmless platonic sleepover. They want to divide us, but in the court of the King of Pop, all are welcome: all races, all ages, all creeds and all major credit cards.
  • has anyone got another quotes from this diary?
  • "A painfull goodbye and then vanish forever"...plus "the last concerts AT THE O2 ARENA in London"

Idk whether this is true or not bt these two sentences made me think, what do you think?

Yeah when I read that about the last concerts at the 02 Areana in London but the way I read that is that it was the last concerts at the 02 in London, but not anywhere else so he could do concerts in USA or elsewhere in England, just last concerts at the 02, so we will be alright for Jermains Wembley gig!

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->