Dr. Murray: 'I'm Hanging by a Thread'

edited January 1970 in News
Dr. Murray: 'I'm Hanging by a Thread'
Posted Apr 1st 2010 2:32PM by TMZ Staff

0401_conrad_murray_bn_tmz_01.jpg

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer filed legal papers today pleading with the judge in his criminal case not to yank his medical license, because he needs it to pay for his defense.

Murray's lawyers are responding to the State Attorney General's motion, asking the judge to suspend his medical license as a condition to bail.

Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, says his client was in financial hot water before Michael Jackson's death and is now, "without fear of overstatement, hanging on by a thread."

Murray believes if the judge suspends his license, Texas and Nevada will follow suit and the doctor won't be able to make the money required to mount a defense. Although we're told Chernoff won't be making money, Murray is still responsible for expert witness fees and other trial-related expenses.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0jsKHhLM0<!-- m -->

Comments

• What!?
    What a coincidence! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    Is our Dr Conrad Murray member someone from TMZ???
  • What!?

Weird <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Oh my heart bleeds... if MJ really is dead, then yank his medical licence off him.. he isnt fit to be a Doctor for heavens sake... he should have thought about all this before he injected Propofol into my beloveds veins and taking $100,000 a months for being the worlds lousiest doctor. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Sorry.. makes me a bit angry.
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    Tmz is loving Michael today.
  • whisperwhisper Posts: 630
    What!?

<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • What!?

Weird <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Have i missed something? Why is this a co-incidence? Can someone explain?
  • whisperwhisper Posts: 630
    Have i missed something? Why is this a co-incidence? Can someone explain?

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8010<!-- l -->
  • Have i missed something? Why is this a co-incidence? Can someone explain?

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8010<!-- l -->

Ahh.. ok. Thanks. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> What the heck???
  • Murray/TMZ Mystery solved: <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8010&start=50#p131557<!-- l -->
  • CrazyBananaCrazyBanana Posts: 745
    ok I couldnt help but look up thread on a book about symbology...(im getting obsessed with this so bear with me LOL)
    thread: This is a symbol of human life spun by the gods. Greek mythology relates how Theseus ESCAPED from Labyrith after being given a ball of thread to follow. In Hinduism males from the higher castes wear a three-stranded thread symbolizing reality, passion and stillness.

so hear you have it...

LOL I think im going insane... but yea
    could be nothing but could be something..probably nothing <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • That argument that he needs to work to pay for his defense... a little strange.
    Lawyer: Please Mr judge, my client needs his license to pay me...

Does he even earn enough to support his children, pay the lawyers, the bail(?), his journeys, the gym... ?
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Means that TMZ is secretly watching us... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Weird.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    I have never heard that Ed Chernoff is a public defender for Murray's case, so how come TMZ says "... we're told Chernoff won't be making money...? Is he suddenly a philanthropist helping Murray for free <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I have never heard that Ed Chernoff is a public defender for Murray's case, so how come TMZ says "... we're told Chernoff won't be making money...? Is he suddenly a philanthropist helping Murray for free <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Yes it also caught my attention...
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    Like Joe said on Larry King well who paid Murray's bail? Who? Now all of a sudden he wants to keep practicing medicine!! They should have BEEN yanked the license but nooooooo....the judge said "Now don't be giving no mo anesthesia ya hear?" <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> This is crazy.
  • `chernoff could be working for free if he hopes to get some fame from such a high profile case...could be..
  • he must have professional medical insurance
  • Pro bono?
    Pro pofol?
  • RavenRaven Posts: 709
    Wasn't there a thread posted last week that Murray was in jail for some time instead of paying bail?
  • As far as I know, not exactly.
    If you get into the LAPD and look for the case, Murray has never paid the bail, which would mean he should have been in jail.
    I´m looking for the LAPD link of the case, but I can´t find it now...
  • As far as I know, not exactly.
    If you get into the LAPD and look for the case, Murray has never paid the bail, which would mean he should have been in jail.
    I´m looking for the LAPD link of the case, but I can´t find it now...
    i think that it is the bail bond guys that pays the bail or gurantees the bail, but not sure what murray bails probably only a fraction of it and the full amount if he breaks bail.

i still think that murray would have to pay insurance to practice in the US especially because of US litigation system and that all medical care generally is paid for

this insurance would probably cover legal adice to a certain level of cover

i doubt that his defence will do it for nothing
  • It was at LASD. The link is this:
    <!-- m -->http://app4.lasd.org/iic/details.cfm<!-- m -->
    Case number: SA07316401

But it´s not working now...

In this thread is where taken into custody was discussed:
    LASD site. Nothing makes sense anymore.

There was a first one talking about the lack of any payment entry in that site... but I can´t find it now.
  • RavenRaven Posts: 709
    Thanks somekindofsign
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, says his client was in financial hot water before Michael Jackson's death and is now, "without fear of overstatement, hanging on by a thread."

Murray is in hot water .. what are simmering ... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    hmmm, this statement is also quite strange for defence to make "Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, says his client was in financial hot water before Michael Jackson's death and is now, "without fear of overstatement, hanging on by a thread."

If Murray was in financial distress before he was hired by MJ, and allegedly was supposed to be paid lots of $$$, so one can assume that in order to keep the job, Murray would have done everything what MJ requested, including giving him any drug he wanted. I am not a lawyer but why the hell the defense is giving such risky statements that may provide evidence to the prosecution <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->