Conrad Murray Judge -- So Tough, So Smart

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Conrad Murray Judge -- So Tough, So Smart
Posted Apr 5th 2010 1:40PM by TMZ Staff

Sources tell TMZ the judge who will get the Conrad Murray manslaughter case is one of the toughest, smartest judges on the bench in L.A. County.

0405_michael_edward_ex.jpg

Court sources tell TMZ that L.A. County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor will be assigned Murray's case today, following a brief hearing with the Supervising Judge of the L.A. County Superior Court.

Judge Pastor has handled some high-profile cases, including the case involving topless pics of Cameron Diaz, Jason Priestley's DUI case, and a slew of other high-profile, non-celeb cases.

Note to lawyers in the case -- Pastor is extremely tough, and nothing gets past him. He reads every legal doc in his cases and makes it a point to become an expert on whatever the case involves.

Judge Pastor also knows something about addiction -- he's renowned at the courthouse as having a frequent flier mileage addiction, often flying pointlessly over a weekend just to rack up mileage points.

He's getting the Judicial Excellence Award from the L.A. County Criminal Courts Bar Association this weekend.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/category/michael-jac ... z0kFcTJk6I<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• And the post is from 1:40 PM....never LA time....so where is TMZ ???
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Note to lawyers in the case -- Pastor is extremely tough, and nothing gets past him. He reads every legal doc in his cases and makes it a point to become an expert on whatever the case involves.

Well, in that case we can assume the judge did his homework and saw all the inconsistencies. Busy day today, like Harvey tweeted <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

And what's with the flier mileage addiction? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    now bear with me here folks.......this is when things confuse me....truly.......why would a high court judge be involved here ...if for one moment he thought micheal was not dead..........sorry if i appear dense.......xxxx
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    What's that flyer miles? Indeed called Michael? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • Note to lawyers in the case -- Pastor is extremely tough, and nothing gets past him. He reads every legal doc in his cases and makes it a point to become an expert on whatever the case involves.

Well, in that case we can assume the judge did his homework and saw all the inconsistencies. Busy day today, like Harvey tweeted <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

And what's with the flier mileage addiction? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

LOL Souza ...he knows something about addiction...he's addicted to flying pointlessly just to accumulate flier's mileage. With that experience on how an addict's mind works, he will definitely understand how addicted MJ was to Coke and Propofol... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Its all sarcasm
  • MissinMJMissinMJ Posts: 73
    The things said on TMZ are hilarious! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> They sound soooooooo serious saying it, too. What the hezzy <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> does flier miles have to do with addiction? And even if it were a addiction...how is it even a good comparison?? They say anything on there and expect us to "FLY" with it!! <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Judge Pastor also knows something about addiction -- he's renowned at the courthouse as having a frequent flier mileage addiction, often flying pointlessly over a weekend just to rack up mileage points.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

And the photo of the judge in "black and white" <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Indeed strange choice of photo.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

And the photo of the judge in "black and white" <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Indeed strange choice of photo.
  • now bear with me here folks.......this is when things confuse me....truly.......why would a high court judge be involved here ...if for one moment he thought micheal was not dead..........sorry if i appear dense.......xxxx

maybe hes a BIG MJ FAN!!! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> and this is his contribution!