Conrad Murray Agrees to Propofol Ban

loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
edited April 2010 in News
tmz just said..........murray is not allowed to administer propofol.........lol.......this just gets funnier.........what next.........????

Comments

• wasnt he already banned from using it?? plus hes a cardiologist lmao
  • RavenRaven Posts: 709
    tmz just said..........murray is not allowed to prescribe propofol.........lol.......this just gets funnier.........what next.........????
    That was already decided by the judge since the first courtdate on febr 8th
  • kel70kel70 Posts: 182
    i should hope not <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> haven't they reported that before... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • JavaJava Posts: 162
    TMZ posted something similar on April 5. Propofol isn't something you prescribe though. Did they say prescribe? Dr. Murray is eventually going to lose his license in all three states too.
    my[KING]"]wasnt he already banned from using it?? plus hes a cardiologist lmao

Yes, but that's probably until the outcome of the trial. The states are going to take action in the event he is found innocent most likely. They want to make sure that he still can't if the judge reverses that order in the end.
  • Conrad Murray Agrees to Propofol Ban
    Posted Apr 9th 2010 3:15PM by TMZ Staff

The Texas Medical Board has officially prohibited Dr. Conrad Murray from administering Propofol or other heavy sedatives, TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story that Dr. Murray agreed to the restriction, which mirrors one of the conditions to Dr. Murray's bail in connection with the death of Michael Jackson.

Aside from administering Propofol, Dr. Murray is banned from administering other heavy sedative medications and can't put patients under. He is still able to prescribe other medications, including pain meds, anti-anxiety medication or local or topical anesthetics.

According to a rep for the Texas Medical Board, the license restrictions will remain in effect until the criminal case is resolved and "the Board has adequate evidence to show that Dr. Murray is competent to safely practice medicine."

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0kdWixEkU<!-- m -->
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    hi there ...java...sorry i meant..."administer" propofol.......xxxxx
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    There should be administered propofol and other sedatives strong .. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • IF he is a cardiologist he can't administer Propofol at all... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Propofol is an anaesthetic, so I think only anaesthetists can administer it..
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    Well he shouldn't use it in the first place. So pretty much he is banned from doing something he shouldn't be doing.
  • Conrad Murray Agrees to Propofol Ban

The Texas Medical Board has officially prohibited Dr. Conrad Murray from administering Propofol or other heavy sedatives, TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story that Dr. Murray agreed to the restriction, which mirrors one of the conditions to Dr. Murray's bail in connection with the death of Michael Jackson.

Aside from administering Propofol, Dr. Murray is banned from administering other heavy sedative medications and can't put patients under. He is still able to prescribe other medications, including pain meds, anti-anxiety medication or local or topical anesthetics.

According to a rep for the Texas Medical Board, the license restrictions will remain in effect until the criminal case is resolved and "the Board has adequate evidence to show that Dr. Murray is competent to safely practice medicine."

So basically, only in Texas?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221

Yes, Doctor competent .. of course not inject propofol and nobody died. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • TMZ posted something similar on April 5. Propofol isn't something you prescribe though. Did they say prescribe? Dr. Murray is eventually going to lose his license in all three states too.

If he gets off without a conviction I think it's highly doubtful that he'll get his license taken away. Think about it...how can the Medical Board pull a license without a conviction. It may be possible but I don't think it will happen.
    Conrad Murray Agrees to Propofol Ban

So basically, only in Texas?

The judge ordered that Dr. Murray cannot administer propofol or other heavy anesthetics in any state that he's licensed in. Each individual medical board will take action as well.
    TMZ posted something similar on April 5. Propofol isn't something you prescribe though. Did they say prescribe? Dr. Murray is eventually going to lose his license in all three states too.

If he gets off without a conviction I think it's highly doubtful that he'll get his license taken away. Think about it...how can the Medical Board pull a license without a conviction. It may be possible but I don't think it will happen.

They can pull his license before the conviction. The case has a long way to go. And I believe that at least California will. If his license gets pulled [in Cali. for example] and he is found not guilty then he can file to have his credentials reinstated.