Janet's Slip Up/Clue in Entertainment Weekly Mag

heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
edited January 1970 in News
In the current issue of "Entertainment Weekly", featuring Star Wars on the front, there is a two page spread (pg. 28-29) about Janet Jackson's career according to Janet herself....the only reference to Michael is the 1995 "Scream" video, about which she writes (and I quote): "She says the best part of shooting the edgy video with Michael Jackson was "doing something that was different. And I know my brother loves to do different stuff. I should say 'my brother loved'. It's as if he's still...well, he still is around. And it turned out beautifully."

Comments

• jilljill Posts: 917
    That sounds very deliberate to me, not a slip up at all!
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    more slip ups as we get close to Bamsday............Janet thanks of course he's still around we don't know where, but we can feel him <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Yeah i don't think that's a slip up either.
  • gracesonggracesong Posts: 54
    OK, just gonna play devil's advocate here, but what if she meant that he was still here in spirit? I mean, if someone's lvoed one had passed on, they could refer to the loved one still being with them in spirit, i.e. "My mother is always with me, and she guides me in all I do."
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    I wonder if she was smiling while she said it.
  • kel70kel70 Posts: 182
    I wonder if she was smiling while she said it.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
    OK, just gonna play devil's advocate here, but what if she meant that he was still here in spirit? I mean, if someone's lvoed one had passed on, they could refer to the loved one still being with them in spirit, i.e. "My mother is always with me, and she guides me in all I do."

Yes, people often speak about people in the present. I'm one of them. Took some getting used to. I mentioned this on the other forum one day. I actually picked up the phone to call someone about a month after they passed.
  • That sounds very deliberate to me, not a slip up at all!

My thoughts also.
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    And she does not have to correct herself during genuine conversation. We can take it. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • gracesonggracesong Posts: 54
    And she does not have to correct herself during genuine conversation. We can take it. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Well, she would need to correct herself if she realized that people wouldn't know what she meant.
  • That sounds very deliberate to me, not a slip up at all!
    my thoughts exactly
  • I can understand her referring to him in the present tense just after he "died", but not after 10 months.
  • julietjuliet Posts: 491
    In the current issue of "Entertainment Weekly", featuring Star Wars on the front, there is a two page spread (pg. 28-29) about Janet Jackson's career according to Janet herself....the only reference to Michael is the 1995 "Scream" video, about which she writes (and I quote): "She says the best part of shooting the edgy video with Michael Jackson was "doing something that was different. And I know my brother loves to do different stuff. I should say 'my brother loved'. It's as if he's still...well, he still is around. And it turned out beautifully."

Thank you for your post. I have been waiting for Janet's hints. Again Thanks <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    That sounds very deliberate to me, not a slip up at all!

I think it's deliberate too! I love Janet <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • In the current issue of "Entertainment Weekly", featuring Star Wars on the front, there is a two page spread (pg. 28-29) about Janet Jackson's career according to Janet herself....the only reference to Michael is the 1995 "Scream" video, about which she writes (and I quote): "She says the best part of shooting the edgy video with Michael Jackson was "doing something that was different. And I know my brother loves to do different stuff. I should say 'my brother loved'. It's as if he's still...well, he still is around. And it turned out beautifully."

Thank you for mentioning this, it doesn't really feel like a slipup to me either.
    It's like she said so in purpose.