CIRQUE DU SOLEIL AND MICHAEL JACKSON

Comments

• oh boy the cirque things sounds okay, 3D show okay maybe, nightclubs uh think about it, restaurants hmmm reaching out on a limb a bit, and others? others? whoa slow down on the marketing, please don't over do it on the MJ name... putting MJ name on any ole thing won't do
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    Non Believers have the same right of Believers to come here and say their opinion. So please, don't begin to be rude.

No. You don't. Admin told you to stand the fuck down so stand the fuck down. Oh and your little dog too.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Tu me fais beaucoup rire. Ah, et je comprend pas les insultes en anglais, alors bon, tu te les gardes merci.
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    There is sooo much more planned than the Las Vegas show. I've posted the article and the link below. I think only someone like Michael could pull off something of this magnitude. And it's going to bring the estate a lot of money which is good for the children and for children's charities. I thought most of this stuff was in discussion before last year - but I could be wrong. Maybe this is just fulfilling Michael's wishes?

<!-- m -->http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163749 ... hael.jhtml<!-- m -->

Michael Jackson Reality Show Might Help Find Cirque Du Soleil Choreographer
    'There is a huge appetite for people that want to participate in this Michael Jackson tribute,' Cirque CEO Daniel Lamarre says.
    BEVERLY HILLS, California — By now, you may have heard that Cirque du Soleil has unveiled an ambitious plan to bring Michael Jackson back for a series of high-profile stage shows in Las Vegas and beyond. But what you might not know is that these plans will also take the King of Pop off the stage and into everything from nightclubs to restaurants to ... a reality show?
    "There's not a lack of creativity around the table," grinned Cirque President and CEO Daniel Lamarre when we sat down with him on Tuesday (April 20). "Between [Michael Jackson estate co-executors] John McClain and John Branca and all the creative team at Cirque du Soleil, we're already bouncing a lot of new ideas around.

"This joint venture is not only for those two shows, but for all of the other initiatives that we can develop together," he added. "We are already working on the concept of nightclubs, restaurants and other experiences and other types of content that we can develop on the brand of Michael Jackson."
    One of the leading concepts is a reality TV show that Lamarre hopes to launch by the end of this year. He describes it as a chance to combine television's two hottest shows, "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars," with the distinctive style of the King of Pop.
    "John McClain came to us with the idea," he said of the yet-untitled program, which would have a national audience assisting as they built the Cirque stage shows. "We would pick the best choreographer that there is in the world to work on [our stage] show, but also use them in a reality show in order to find a new, cutting-edge choreographer that could join the team."
    The reality show would also audition dancers for the MJ shows, with a certain number of the top contestants landing a Cirque gig. "That could be an exciting moment," Lamarre said of the show. "Right now there is a huge appetite for people that want to participate in this Michael Jackson tribute."
    The Michael Jackson estate and Cirque du Soleil are spearheading the Michael Jackson projects with MGM Mirage, the gaming company that owns such Vegas hotels as Excalibur, Luxor, MGM Grand, Monte Carlo and more. Lamarre said that one of the MGM Mirage hotels will host the Las Vegas Michael Jackson/ Cirque show, and the venture's press release mentions that "special lifestyle projects including a nightclub" will be developed.
    "We are exploring all of those opportunities right now," Lamarre offered. "We're at the early stages of those ideas. But we want to make sure that all the fans around the world that want to celebrate Michael Jackson have an opportunity to do it through the experiences we will bring to them."
    But if those Michael Jackson-themed restaurants become a reality, Lamarre did make us one key promise: They won't include moonwalking waiters attempting to balance food trays.
    "I don't think anybody can do it the way Michael Jackson was doing it," he laughed.

you know, the bold reminds me of another post here. where some ticket website has for sale michael jackson tickets at some nightclub. at first i dismissed it, but now this bold piece reminds me of it....hmmm
  • KukiKuki Posts: 346
    This is so big! I am so excited!
  • MJalive999MJalive999 Posts: 316
    why are u so happy about cirque? please, i wanna be happy too! MJ has been planning something with cirque since years <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

MJ and cirque coming together! oh great! it's like 2+2!
    and??

god ... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    "Coming together in 2011" - like the man is officialy alive

maybe that's why some people are excited about this video
  • JacksonologyJacksonology Posts: 1,548
    ''piece, by piece, by piece MJ will be slowly be revealed...'' <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    hm..I'm Excited...Maybe they'll really working together...

Maybe thye're serious...

You know like now the most people think Michael is dead and they will just do money makin show....

But I have a feeling that Michael will com back this year and this will be one of his big shows next year

Oh c'mon guy! MJ IS DEAD, Cirque du Soleil will mount a SHOW and nothing else!

um okay, why are you here?
  • why are u so happy about cirque? please, i wanna be happy too! MJ has been planning something with cirque since years <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

MJ and cirque coming together! oh great! it's like 2+2!
    and??

god ... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

We've known about the MJ/ Criss Angel connections...and Criss Angel is associated with Cirque du Soleil. So.. this is good news because we've been speculating that MJ might be working with Criss Angel for his "return".

It all seems to be connected and this show could be "it". Nobody knows of course. That's why we're investigating <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282

We've known about the MJ/ Criss Angel connections...and Criss Angel is associated with Cirque du Soleil. So.. this is good news because we've been speculating that MJ might be working with Criss Angel for his "return".

It all seems to be connected and this show could be "it". Nobody knows of course. That's why we're investigating <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Exactly
  • Does anyone recall that MJ was in talks to perform in a show with Cirque long before he ever "died"??? He wanted to have a permanent base so he wouldn't have to tour anymore. This whole concept is intriguing and very exciting to me. This just may be our BAM moment! And, it is in keeping with Cassandra Sims talk about MJ returning and touring and being available to the world. After all, this show with Michael (this is how they write it on the Cirque website "with Michael") will tour for 1 year starting in late 2011 and become a permanent Las Vegas show starting in the fall of 2012. Even if our beloved MJ prefers to stay out of the spotlight forever more I will attend this show because these shows are awesome and I feel this one will be over the top and better than any other I have seen (I just saw Viva Elvis-which was great, mind you). I am far too curious to boycott this show. My intuition is telling me that big things, very big things are in the works now and that means something significant! You can call me crazy (I really don't mind anymore) but this intuition coupled with my hope and faith will lead me on. I really believe it is only a matter of time now....I can feel a BAM coming!!!

P.S. Michael, I love you!!!!
  • I hope it hasn't been posted yet, if it was - please forgive me
    <!-- m -->http://video.105.net/tv/episode/view/id/3146<!-- m -->
    just listen to that man: "What we can expect is Michael Jackson ... we want to make sure that the people that will come and see the show, see Michael Jackson..."
  • I hope it hasn't been posted yet, if it was - please forgive me
    <!-- m -->http://video.105.net/tv/episode/view/id/3146<!-- m -->
    just listen to that man: "What we can expect is Michael Jackson ... we want to make sure that the people that will come and see the show, see Michael Jackson..."

Yep, I have to say this is certainly intriguing "see Michael Jackson" and in type it is written "with Michael Jackson". Gosh, I know this could certainly be sensationalism on the media's part in hyping it up but it seems way too literal and coincidental to me. I am hopeful! I just keep thinking this is Michael, after all he had envisioned a show such as this long before he "died". It is too weird how it is all coming to fruition with such impeccable timing. I feel that there is more to this! It feels all Michael to me and can see him master-minding the entire thing. I, for one, cannot wait!!!!!!!
  • the one i read also stated that there will be a reality tv show!!..
  • mjkatemjkate Posts: 276
    How can the official website honestly say " Cirque du Soleil will join forces with Michael Jackson to create shows based on the music of Michael Jackson." They can't say that if he is gone. That is an awkward sentence structure to start with. Why say anything like that at all. Why not just say it's a tribute or it was created (and not mention by who) Why deliberately add in his name when it isn't necessary. I would have still gone to see it if they had not advertised that it was created in part BY Michael Jackson himself. So let's look at the reasons they would have structured their promo the way they did:

i) They could have said "Cirque du Soleil will create the shows based on the music of Michael Jackson" but they didn't. That must mean that they didn't create them on their own or they would have said that.
    ii) They could have said Cirque du Soliel and the genius of Michael will create the shows but they didn't....they were much more specific.
    iii) They could have they joined forces with the legacy of Michael Jackson but they didn't.
    iv) They could have mentioned nothing about who created what....but they didn't.
    v) The only way they could state what they actually did state is if they did join forces with Michael Jackson if they did truly join forces.

The only question is when did they join forces.

Before or after June 25th.
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    Cirque promises to reinvent magic with Criss Angel Believe. AHHH!
  • Mike is not dead !! Th stretcher pics prove it ! He probably is helping with many things as Mike was great in the marketing dept, also most of the money made will go to his estate and that is not such a bad thing ! Go Mike ! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • JennieJennie Posts: 514
    I just thought of something <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> :

Maybe I'm over reacting but... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Do you guys remember when Latoya was briefly interviewed at the airport? She said "...it's like a magic trick, everyone is watching what is happening here meanwhile somethings going on here" and she gestured with her hands. I think that was at the very end. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • How can the official website honestly say " Cirque du Soleil will join forces with Michael Jackson to create shows based on the music of Michael Jackson." They can't say that if he is gone. That is an awkward sentence structure to start with. Why say anything like that at all. Why not just say it's a tribute or it was created (and not mention by who) Why deliberately add in his name when it isn't necessary. I would have still gone to see it if they had not advertised that it was created in part BY Michael Jackson himself. So let's look at the reasons they would have structured their promo the way they did:

i) They could have said "Cirque du Soleil will create the shows based on the music of Michael Jackson" but they didn't. That must mean that they didn't create them on their own or they would have said that.
    ii) They could have said Cirque du Soliel and the genius of Michael will create the shows but they didn't....they were much more specific.
    iii) They could have they joined forces with the legacy of Michael Jackson but they didn't.
    iv) They could have mentioned nothing about who created what....but they didn't.
    v) The only way they could state what they actually did state is if they did join forces with Michael Jackson if they did truly join forces.

I have been trying to find a logical reason for the underlined statement, but I cant find it, really. To join forces is to collaborate or work together...Cirque du Soleil's slogan for Elvis' show is "A tribute to the life and music of Elvis Presley". The Beatles' show slogan is "With LOVE, Cirque du Soleil celebrates the musical legacy of The Beatles". With Michael they have joined forces...interesting huh?
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    There is sooo much more planned than the Las Vegas show. I've posted the article and the link below. I think only someone like Michael could pull off something of this magnitude. And it's going to bring the estate a lot of money which is good for the children and for children's charities. I thought most of this stuff was in discussion before last year - but I could be wrong. Maybe this is just fulfilling Michael's wishes?

<!-- m -->http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163749 ... hael.jhtml<!-- m -->

Michael Jackson Reality Show Might Help Find Cirque Du Soleil Choreographer
    'There is a huge appetite for people that want to participate in this Michael Jackson tribute,' Cirque CEO Daniel Lamarre says.
    BEVERLY HILLS, California — By now, you may have heard that Cirque du Soleil has unveiled an ambitious plan to bring Michael Jackson back for a series of high-profile stage shows in Las Vegas and beyond. But what you might not know is that these plans will also take the King of Pop off the stage and into everything from nightclubs to restaurants to ... a reality show?
    "There's not a lack of creativity around the table," grinned Cirque President and CEO Daniel Lamarre when we sat down with him on Tuesday (April 20). "Between [Michael Jackson estate co-executors] John McClain and John Branca and all the creative team at Cirque du Soleil, we're already bouncing a lot of new ideas around.

"This joint venture is not only for those two shows, but for all of the other initiatives that we can develop together," he added. "We are already working on the concept of nightclubs, restaurants and other experiences and other types of content that we can develop on the brand of Michael Jackson."
    One of the leading concepts is a reality TV show that Lamarre hopes to launch by the end of this year. He describes it as a chance to combine television's two hottest shows, "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars," with the distinctive style of the King of Pop.
    "John McClain came to us with the idea," he said of the yet-untitled program, which would have a national audience assisting as they built the Cirque stage shows. "We would pick the best choreographer that there is in the world to work on [our stage] show, but also use them in a reality show in order to find a new, cutting-edge choreographer that could join the team."
    The reality show would also audition dancers for the MJ shows, with a certain number of the top contestants landing a Cirque gig. "That could be an exciting moment," Lamarre said of the show. "Right now there is a huge appetite for people that want to participate in this Michael Jackson tribute."
    The Michael Jackson estate and Cirque du Soleil are spearheading the Michael Jackson projects with MGM Mirage, the gaming company that owns such Vegas hotels as Excalibur, Luxor, MGM Grand, Monte Carlo and more. Lamarre said that one of the MGM Mirage hotels will host the Las Vegas Michael Jackson/ Cirque show, and the venture's press release mentions that "special lifestyle projects including a nightclub" will be developed.
    "We are exploring all of those opportunities right now," Lamarre offered. "We're at the early stages of those ideas. But we want to make sure that all the fans around the world that want to celebrate Michael Jackson have an opportunity to do it through the experiences we will bring to them."
    But if those Michael Jackson-themed restaurants become a reality, Lamarre did make us one key promise: They won't include moonwalking waiters attempting to balance food trays.
    "I don't think anybody can do it the way Michael Jackson was doing it," he laughed.

@voiceforthesilent, God bless you, this is an amazing find. I was just thinking today could the great adventure that MJ is taking us on is a reality show. MJ loves illusion and magic. He is the first to do everything in the field of music. I think MJ is creating the first of a kind of new, reality show in the music industry. That is my two cents for today. But what you might not know is that these plans will also take the King of Pop off the stage and into everything from nightclubs to restaurants to ... a reality show? God bless everyone here on this forum. You are doing God's work with love in your hearts. xxxx
    the one i read also stated that there will be a reality tv show!!..
    I just love, it sue! God bless you for your revolutionary thinking and your faith! God bless you, Sue. xxxx

The Greatest Show in the World continues! MJ, I love you always! xxxxx
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    What happened to Ed Alonzo, they collaborated on TII but i didn't see him once.
  • julietjuliet Posts: 491
    Here's the YT link of cirquedusoleil channel (1:47) <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPO9mX29XlM<!-- m -->

The vid says:
    "..By Joining Forces With The True Entertainment Legend MICHAEL JACKSON "

"Cirque Du Soleil And Michael Jackson Coming Together in 2011 "

WOWWW & WOWWW. This is really gonna make history
  • Mike is not dead !! Th stretcher pics prove it ! He probably is helping with many things as Mike was great in the marketing dept, also most of the money made will go to his estate and that is not such a bad thing ! Go Mike ! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

What do the stretcher pics prove?

Found other picture of MJ arriving at the hospital

Not him being alive...
    I believe he´s alive, but that statement is not right.
  • nanaenanae Posts: 59
    How can the official website honestly say " Cirque du Soleil will join forces with Michael Jackson to create shows based on the music of Michael Jackson." They can't say that if he is gone. That is an awkward sentence structure to start with. Why say anything like that at all. Why not just say it's a tribute or it was created (and not mention by who) Why deliberately add in his name when it isn't necessary. I would have still gone to see it if they had not advertised that it was created in part BY Michael Jackson himself. So let's look at the reasons they would have structured their promo the way they did:

I have been trying to find a logical reason for the underlined statement, but I cant find it, really. To join forces is to collaborate or work together...Cirque du Soleil's slogan for Elvis' show is "A tribute to the life and music of Elvis Presley". The Beatles' show slogan is "With LOVE, Cirque du Soleil celebrates the musical legacy of The Beatles". With Michael they have joined forces...interesting huh?

I absolutely agree with you. Maybe this was an old idea he had... And he got the time to plan everything in this long year. Maybe this is the most important clue we have. Maybe this is the beginning of the end. Why a huge compagnie like Cirque du doleil, would make such a big mistake., saying or making believe that michael is alive? I don't know how you say it in english but in france or spain this is called: publicidad engañosa or publicitee mensogiere. In english it would be like misleading advertising, that could be denounced and punished with millions of dollars.I do not think they need to take many risks. Simply changing a word of the video or the ad would have been enough to protect themselves from a complaint of misleading advertising.

If Michael comes back, then that advertising does make sense.

I think this is just the beginning ... finally the beginning of BAM
  • How can the official website honestly say " Cirque du Soleil will join forces with Michael Jackson to create shows based on the music of Michael Jackson." They can't say that if he is gone. That is an awkward sentence structure to start with. Why say anything like that at all. Why not just say it's a tribute or it was created (and not mention by who) Why deliberately add in his name when it isn't necessary. I would have still gone to see it if they had not advertised that it was created in part BY Michael Jackson himself. So let's look at the reasons they would have structured their promo the way they did:

I agree with you 100%! Every article that has come out about this is "with" Michael Jackson. Coming together with Mj... etc. The sentence structure has been left open on purpose.