Question in regards to the Pepsi Commercial Release

2»

Comments

• JavaJava Posts: 162
    I'm melodramatic everyday. It comes with the territory in my line of work <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Which media outlet did you see the footage in it's entirety in 1984? I' know people who work for the big three networks and I'd like to do some research on something related to the footage.
    I believe that some people may indeed have seen it before. However, where do you live? I ask because American tv censors prevented us from seeing the footage in it's entirety when it took place in 1984. The raw images of his burning scalp would not have been so easily shown on American tv where children could catch a glimpse. Today..no problem but back then...problem.
    I have said a million times I have seen that footage and I'm not talking about for the first time last year. I'm not sure if I saw the front or back view but I know I saw it and it wasn't all that long after the accident.Doesn't anyone beside me remember that? The point is I can't figure out why they keep saying it just came out last year? I saw it.
    I live in the U.S. Jeepers, a little melodramitic today? "Raw Images of burning scalp." <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Please.
    I edited this to add - You make it sound like something straight out of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

@GirlSaturday - Gosh, I don't know now what network it was. That was 26 years ago. I've never been much of a T.V. watcher. It was probably the front view like the other person said they saw too. I don't think I'll ever have recall on which network it was but if I had to guess, I'd say NBC.
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    Thanks for the reply. The reason that I questioned whether it was shown is because American tv censors are pretty strict. It's very DrJekyll and Mr Hyde here regarding what can be shown vs what cannot and that was especially true several decades ago. I still laugh at sitcoms from the early 60s that refused to show a married couple (with children) sleeping in the same bed. They always showed them sleeping in twin beds in their bedroom. Duh...how did they manage to have those kids?
    I'm melodramatic everyday. It comes with the territory in my line of work <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Which media outlet did you see the footage in it's entirety in 1984? I' know people who work for the big three networks and I'd like to do some research on something related to the footage.
    I believe that some people may indeed have seen it before. However, where do you live? I ask because American tv censors prevented us from seeing the footage in it's entirety when it took place in 1984. The raw images of his burning scalp would not have been so easily shown on American tv where children could catch a glimpse. Today..no problem but back then...problem.
    I have said a million times I have seen that footage and I'm not talking about for the first time last year. I'm not sure if I saw the front or back view but I know I saw it and it wasn't all that long after the accident.Doesn't anyone beside me remember that? The point is I can't figure out why they keep saying it just came out last year? I saw it.
    I live in the U.S. Jeepers, a little melodramitic today? "Raw Images of burning scalp." <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Please.
    I edited this to add - You make it sound like something straight out of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

@GirlSaturday - Gosh, I don't know now what network it was. That was 26 years ago. I've never been much of a T.V. watcher. It was probably the front view like the other person said they saw too. I don't think I'll ever have recall on which network it was but if I had to guess, I'd say NBC.
  • JavaJava Posts: 162
    Thanks for the reply. The reason that I questioned whether it was shown is because American tv censors are pretty strict. It's very DrJekyll and Mr Hyde here regarding what can be shown vs what cannot and that was especially true several decades ago. I still laugh at sitcoms from the early 60s that refused to show a married couple (with children) sleeping in the same bed. They always showed them sleeping in twin beds in their bedroom. Duh...how did they manage to have those kids?

It was shown. I didn't imagine it. When that came out last year and they were saying it had just been released, I was ....huh?