What do you think "Blanket" will go by when he gets tired of

MJmakesmespeechlessMJmakesmespeechless Posts: 1,468
edited January 1970 in News
BLANKET?

What do you think Blanket will want to be called one day when he gets tired of being called Blanket?

Michael, Mickey, Mike, Mick?
PJ? (Prince Junior)

Comments

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Kit. a shortened version of blanket
  • Never thought of that one....
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    good question.....xxxx
  • Thanks! It's one i think that needs an answer!!!
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    Blankety-Blank
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    Blankety-Blank

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Blankets nick name comes from "To Kill a Mockingbird" by the way... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I actually think it comes from a dog's name

I have a dvd of Michael and his "memories"/home videos and on it a friends of his (famous fella and his wife...cannot remember theirs names)

Anyhow they are at Neverland riding the ferris wheel and Michael says they own a dog named Blanket who is related to Liz Taylor's dog. He says something about the name Blanket and i cannot remember now what he says....something about being a protector i think.
    I think he liked that and named him that for that reason

This was back in about 1992 or so (the video)
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I actually think it comes from a dog's name

I have a dvd of Michael and his "memories"/home videos and on it a friends of his (famous fella and his wife...cannot remember theirs names)

Anyhow they are at Neverland riding the ferris wheel and Michael says they own a dog named Blanket who is related to Liz Taylor's dog. He says something about the name Blanket and i cannot remember now what he says....something about being a protector i think.

Yes it was Gregory Peck's dog
  • I actually think it comes from a dog's name

That is right!!! Thanks
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    Idk good question
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    I actually think it comes from a dog's name

That is right!!! Thanks

Yes and Gregory Peck was in "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Trust me on this.. Michael didnt name his son after a dog.. its to do with a theme in "To Kill a Mockingbird". Blanket means to Blanket someone with love and the main character is a misunderstood person much like MJ, who uses a blanket as a symbol of protection and love,

I dont make things up, you know!! .. actually! <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • JACKSONGIRLJACKSONGIRL Posts: 809
    BLANKET?

What do you think Blanket will want to be called one day when he gets tired of being called Blanket?

Michael, Mickey, Mike, Mick?
    PJ? (Prince Junior)
    um like a normal kid he will probably want to go my his given name lol which is prince also.
  • Duvet <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    The question should be "IF he ever gets tired" of the name that his father named him.
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    I agree. He will probably go by Prince.
    Unless, you know, he comes up with some terrible "rapper name". <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I can see him taking on Michael's name since his brother is also named Prince. Especially if Michael really has been taken from us (I know...I'm just putting it out there).
  • Melzy777Melzy777 Posts: 501
    I always wondered if he has another first name that we aren't aware of. <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Game PlayerGame Player Posts: 386
    I think even if he changes it when he's older the media will still call him Blanket.
  • KeikoKeiko Posts: 50
    If I'm not mistaken, the legal name for 'Prince' is actually 'Michael, Jr.' and 'Blanket' is actually 'Prince'...I don't know, it's really confusing. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    Agreed, though: the family should have clarified from the beginning. Nicknames are hard to undo, and I doubt he'll still want to be called 'Blanket' when he's trying to get girls when he's older! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • What about B.J., his initials? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    "Doona" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I'm on fire........
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    What about B.J., his initials? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    happy0045.gif
    I spat out what I was drinking when I read this.
  • What about B.J., his initials? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    happy0045.gif
    I spat out what I was drinking when I read this.

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Cute isn't it? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • If I'm not mistaken, the legal name for 'Prince' is actually 'Michael, Jr.' and 'Blanket' is actually 'Prince'...I don't know, it's really confusing. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    Agreed, though: the family should have clarified from the beginning. Nicknames are hard to undo, and I doubt he'll still want to be called 'Blanket' when he's trying to get girls when he's older! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Actually Prince is
    PRINCE MICHAEL JACKSON
    And Blanket is:
    PRINCE MICHAEL JACKSON II (The second)

Maybe he really ISNT called Blanket at home. Maybe it is just a media name???
  • If I'm not mistaken, the legal name for 'Prince' is actually 'Michael, Jr.' and 'Blanket' is actually 'Prince'...I don't know, it's really confusing. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Actually Prince is
    PRINCE MICHAEL JACKSON
    And Blanket is:

Nah, Prince is actually Michael Jr. That's on his Birth Cert.

Actually Prince is
    PRINCE MICHAEL JACKSON
    And Blanket is:

Actually...

Child number 1: His name is Michael Joseph Jackson Jr. - Prince is only a nickname
    Child number 3: His name is Prince Michael Jackson II - Blanket is his nickname