MJ's "media is manipulative" makes sense

sk2001sk2001 Posts: 238
edited January 1970 in News
Hi guys.. It's my day off so I thought I'd catch up on what's going on in the forum and hoax news on YouTube.
While I was readin and watching videos, I noticed the channel on my TV at the point was running old episodes of 'full house'. Not sure if my international friends here know about this show but my fellow Americans would definately know!
So as I got occupied in watchng the show, it took me back to the old shows that used to air in 80s and 90s and it hit me that what MJ has been saying about media being manipulative makes so sense.
There used to be shows showing famiy values and everything had a moral lesson in it. Even cartoons used to be about team work and happy endings. Toname a few: the Cosby show, full house, sabrina the teenage witch, cartoons like care bears, my little pony etc. But now what do we have? Mostly reality shows or shows based on competitions- encouraging indvidualism. Not that it is a bad thing but how they portray it in media is why's it's wrong. You see people fighting, arguig, talking behind backs and dissing just to be a winner. That shows where this society is heading. I wish there were more tv shows like before giving importance to family value, one community vs. one I dividual, us vs. me.
Did that make sense? Mj always gave to others and he even welcomed everyone with open arms to share his dream in neverland. It would make the world such a better place to live if only everyone saw the bigger picture <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
love you MJ

Comments

• MJLive2010MJLive2010 Posts: 139
    you made a good point <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • sk2001sk2001 Posts: 238
    Thankyou <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    all for L.O.V.E
  • ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    Ive always been thinking that , you make perfect sense
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    The current television is a garbage, there is a great crisis of values, violence, sex, drugs, because of it the families disintegrate, because of it the delinquency, because of it we see very young boys in the jails accused of homicide and drug trafficking, suicides, because of it we see girls embarrassed from very early age, I personally have seen girls who are mothers at the age of 12, 13, 15. Horrible cases of parents, stepfathers who abuse his daughters, brothers, cousins.. it is necessary to do a revolution, is necessary to cure this world as Michael says <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Hi guys.. It's my day off so I thought I'd catch up on what's going on in the forum and hoax news on YouTube.
    While I was readin and watching videos, I noticed the channel on my TV at the point was running old episodes of 'full house'. Not sure if my international friends here know about this show but my fellow Americans would definately know!
    So as I got occupied in watchng the show, it took me back to the old shows that used to air in 80s and 90s and it hit me that what MJ has been saying about media being manipulative makes so sense.
    There used to be shows showing famiy values and everything had a moral lesson in it. Even cartoons used to be about team work and happy endings. Toname a few: the Cosby show, full house, sabrina the teenage witch, cartoons like care bears, my little pony etc. But now what do we have? Mostly reality shows or shows based on competitions- encouraging indvidualism. Not that it is a bad thing but how they portray it in media is why's it's wrong. You see people fighting, arguig, talking behind backs and dissing just to be a winner. That shows where this society is heading. I wish there were more tv shows like before giving importance to family value, one community vs. one I dividual, us vs. me.
    Did that make sense? Mj always gave to others and he even welcomed everyone with open arms to share his dream in neverland. It would make the world such a better place to live if only everyone saw the bigger picture <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    love you MJ

Very insightful remark! God bless you for sharing your excellent observation! MJ, we love you! xxxx
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    Amen to that. Let me give u a list

Family Guy : Oh my god. I dont allow my kids to watch it what is educational about it

South Park: Again, Oh My God( I am all for a sense of humor but ummmmm

Use to be Beavis and Butthead remember?

Maybe people can add many cartoons now are violent, sex, death, ect. ect.

I bet MJ would not let his kids watch certain shows

Look at MYLEY CYRUS NOW!! OMG. sex sells, that is what our generation is exposed to now

no more nice shows like Different Strokes, Facts of Life, Good Times, you know? I t is soooo sad what this world is coming to Now they have a show called Cleveland. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    Thanks for sharing your opinions guys. I wish there was a way to change that. It's really sad how many of us have these opinions but we can't make anything of them as we don have the power against the powerful media but maybe that's what MJ is trying to tell us that media is powerful coz we gave it that power and I'm so blessed to see MJ take a stand against it just to show us that we can take that power back. A few of us might not be ableto do much but together thousands of us can be one voice. I'm so proud to be part of this hoax coz see we are all from countires but MJ brought us together with one belief. To believe. We need to believe in ourselves.
    This may sound silly guys but do you know if tv channels take suggestions or compalits and make changes accordingly? Maybe wecan start reaching out to these channels one at a time and encourage quality stuff to be shown on TV. If lil kids will watch shows like the ones on cartoon network now or play video games that are all about killing an showing blood splattering, how can we expect them to grow into point adults. Kids are easily influenced so maybe this is why MJ always talkedabout kids making the difference. It's upto us to lead them to the right path. No matter what MJ's kids have to do in the hoax, we all have to agree that they are so well behaved and nice. Although we don't know them as much as we know MJ but from what's been shown, we have to agree MJ did a great job and for those who might differ in opinion, may I plz suggest watchingsome of his home videos? We also don't know Lindsay Logan personally but look what she's doing to her life and he role her parents are playing. I don't want to disrespectanyineas each family has different situations but I do wann say I'd being a parent is a blessing- someday I'll have my own kids and to teach them the right thing is what we owe to them. If media is what's wrong in our society maybewe can start correcting it by teaching our kids what's it about.
    Mo ans souza, even though this forum is a form of media too but thank you for believing and being honest. You convey what's true and you let others convey what they feel too. I wish there were more such forums for the truthand only the truth. Maybe we can be our own reporters and try to learn truth in something being told in our respective community and report it and discuss what can be done- just abide bt together we can do it guys. We mint not be rich and powerful likethe elite families who want to control the world but that shouldn't give anyone any right to control us. We control our selves and we can control our future.
    I love youall:)
    sorry if it's super long and about my spelling mistakes. I'm typing my thights as they come.

Family Guy : Oh my god. I dont allow my kids to watch it what is educational about it

Look at MYLEY CYRUS NOW!! OMG. sex sells, that is what our generation is exposed to now

Mj boogie, I agree with you. Family guy should be banned. They show the baby trying to kill his mom all the time, the dad is always disrespecting his own daughter etc. What's so funny about it? Thankyou for being wise to keep it away from your kids. I don't watch such cartoons. Remember seseme street anyone? We learnt new words everydy and they always showed how to help a friend... What has happened to our society?
    no more nice shows like Different Strokes, Facts of Life, Good Times, you know? I t is soooo sad what this world is coming to Now they have a show called Cleveland. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • AnnieIsNotOKAnnieIsNotOK Posts: 979
    sk2001,great post!Totally agree with you <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> xx
    sk2001,great post!Totally agree with you <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> xx
    thankyou Annie <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> we are all like minded people here and we want the best for us and our world.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161

You are so right about the good old shows like Different Strokes, Facts of Life, and Good Times. How I miss the old days. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> God bless you and your family. Many blessings of love! xxxxx
  • Some More Goody Shows were: Touched By An Angel, Highway to Heaven, The Waltons, Yeah Network TV is pure Garbage nowadays. (I loved Dallas and JR, tho <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> )
  • yes I know sometimes it makes me so sad and angry to think about the kids growing up these days! we had school but at least we could watch a good cartoon while eating breakast lol and cartoons came on after school and tv shows videos used to come on too but at least (for the females) every song were not about behaving in a ho like manner. you had songs like i'm every woman and tell me somethin good (and many other songs and artists <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> ) they were soulful, full of movement and the energy was good and then classic hip hop females stars had songs about how not to fall for any dudes game and you playin yourself if you choose to be a ho (but to each their own be cause i can be a ho when i want to) LOL <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> no but for real there are no positive images out there for kids or even fun anymore schools closings they cut art in some schools long ago now cutting sports so now even the kids into sports will have no where to go and its bad enough these kids dont know how to socialize and many so many have been abused in some way it is just unbelievable many teens not planning or even thinking or considering their future think life is all about fun fun is fun but not all the time but it is not all the kids fault adults fault too but lets not get int that cause reality shows cheap just put 10 people in a house and see what happens but some reality shows i like if they dont get too stupid kids dont have to do current events anymore (well some do) they dont read the newspaper or books or go to the library when i was young whenever i with my siblings would get set sent to the library and we had to come back with at least two books cause we were getting too stupid lol but i am glad my mother/grandmother did it <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> well what to do about these things anybody any ideas to build on?
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    I was just thinking about the old tv shows myself that had the good family values and morals. I was watching Family Matters with Steve Urkel. That show was funny, clean, and it always had a good message at the end of the show. Remember when the old shows would bring up the important message in the show they would play the special music while spreading the valuable lesson to be learned. We need more shows like Cosby, Family Ties, Family Matters, Full House, Blossom, Punky Brewster(now that's real old school.)lol Comedies like Martin, Sanford and Son, Good Times, Mama's Family. Now basically every show on tv is about crime, murder, sex, cheating, scandal, deceit. That's why I basically watch old reruns of shows and some shows like Survivor, Project Runway, Dancing with the Stars, and Everybody hates Chris, which is halarious. Also the music nowadays is garbage. No message, no tact, no talent. I feel sorry for the generation that is growing up now. They are exposed to way too much mess to early in life. I'm glad I was a kid in the 80's and a teen in the early 90's thank God. It's also sad that kids are so obese these days because they don't even want to go outside and play. When we were kids we stayed outside all day and made our own fun.
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    You are so right... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    To me the worst is MTV... especially "Jackass" or Tilla Tequilla...
    I feel offended while watching it... as someone would like to deliberately ruin my dignity as a viewer...
    <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • You are so right... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    I feel offended while watching it... as someone would like to deliberately ruin my dignity as a viewer...
    <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Wouldn't it be funny yet awesome to hear media stating the truth and nothing but the truth? Imagine if we got reports saying which political leader is trying to pay them to lie and then these so called powerful people would be scared of media.
    You guys remember the Simpson episode where homer created an 'annomous' account and stated the community truth in form of gossip? People beloved him but he was tellin the truth.. For those of us who are into media business can do the same? We can provide our own investigations to them?? We can call it 'food for thought' qhere we don't have to accuse people directly but what we state can be thought provoking??
    Just an idea!!?
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    Two words come to mind: Supply & Demand.

What generates viewers and high ratings generates advertising revenue. If wholesome tv shows were in high demand then they might be supplied today. Reality shows have proven to be winners among viewers so they can be found on every network. They are inexpensive to produce plus regular people will not demand the salaries that trained and popular actors demand. Hopefully these shows will run their course like the Jerry Springer, Maury Povich type shows and disappear.

love you MJ
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    VeryLittleSusie wrote:

You are so right...

Tila Tequilla is an example of the garbage that has the television, and what is worse, sell that shit everywhere, apart from coming through the cable TV and there are ways to buy it, and therefore sees much. <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->