Catherine Bach 911 Call: My Husband Was Shot

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Catherine Bach 911 Call: My Husband Was Shot
Originally posted 39 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made on April 30 when Catherine Bach's husband Peter Lopez took his own life.

0511-catherine-peter-getty-911-ex.jpg
AUDIO: <!-- m -->http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tm ... 911_v2.mp3<!-- m -->

During the call, which was made by the former "Dukes of Hazzard" star, she says her husband has been shot and is not breathing.

At one point, she says, "maybe he shot himself ... we have no idea what's going on up there."

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0nebSS6Zk<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Is it me or does this call seems strange ? I feel no real drama here. Nobody is crying or shouting...it's too calm no ?
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    ^^ i agree with you. With all due respect to Catherine, but do they even realize whats happening??? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Is the same respondant voice that Michael´s?
    Is the same respondant voice that Michael´s?

Seems to be the same voice yes.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    This is an unbelievable story and I cannot help thinking that PL was a very important person to MJ.
    The leakage of original emergency calls makes you go hmmm.
    She is asked "how old is the person that was shot ?" and she answers "I don't know"... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Well it may be because of the shock.

I also understand the she is not close to the "crime" scene because when asked if her husband is bleeding she also answers that she doesn't know. It seems that everything is happening on the top of a hill but she doesn't know exactly what's happening and that she is told by other people. Who are the other persons present ?

She also says that it could be a heart attack, that he could have fallen and that a branch could have broke...
  • Wow - they are sure cool cucumbers under extreme duress, aren't they? To me, the 911 operator didn't sound like the same person as the one on the phone with Michael's security. What was really strange is how calm they seemed for not being up there with him. And it was mentioned that there was a robbery a couple of days earlier? It almost seemed like they were trying to come up with excuses or plant ideas as to what could have happened. I just don't know what to think of this. Very odd behavior to me. Shock may do it but the staff's reaction was just as calm...Hmm...
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    Interesting they had a robbery... was something stolen that Lopez didnt want to be made public.. is this why he shot himself???
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Sorry, this is way too calm. Have any of you ever called an ambulance for someone you loved?????

I just witnessed a freak accident involving an elderly couple in which the wife was thrown from the car and dragged. It happenned in front of me and I called an ambulance as she had severe head injuries and was bleeding everywhere. I was so freaking out, that the call centre told me to calm down. Now this is for a stranger !!!!!!!!

When my mum was dying at home, i was shaking and could hardly talk and screaming "please hurry...please hurry".

This is her husband. Couldn't someone have taken a chance and assessed the situation & started performing CPR or something, regardless of the situation. If it was a gunman, he would have run off by now. Almost sounds like nobody gave a damm and wanted him to die.

Weird? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm......As always with L.O.V.E> xoxoxo
  • Wow! There are a number of things in this phone call that make me go "huh?". 1)Does anyone in LA have that much of a backyard to be that far away from the subject? He was an acre away up on the hill. Perhaps some people have much larger lots than I am thinking. 2)How can Catherine stay so composed???? And, the other woman too??? I would be frantic and feeling a compulsion to get to him to see what happened and to help him!!!! 3)What is up about that big robbery a couple of days ago???? Who got robbed-him or the neighbor???? 4)Since when do emergency people ask for your phone number? From my experience one's phone number shows up on their equipment once they get an incoming call and this call was from a land line too (a definite documented number). That is how they respond or call back if they get disconnected.

P.S. I can only hope that the remark about the robbery is a clue to this because perhaps someone bad was looking for incriminating evidence against him/her and this all got too close for comfort and this measure needed to be taken to protect the attorney and his family. I lament, I truly do. Dear Lord, I can only hope this is all an act to protect them because this stuff isn't pretty. However, I cannot shake this odd feeling that this case is connected in some fashion to MJ.
    Sorry, this is way too calm. Have any of you ever called an ambulance for someone you loved?????

Yes.. and we all react differently.

I witnessed my father have a heart attack in front of me and he stopped breathing... went blue. I called an ambulance and i was very calm.. i went into automatic mode. No point panicing, i thought.. not going to acheive anything by panicking.
    What if something was stolen in that robbery that he didnt want made public??

What if it was something MJ related that he was being blackmailed about???

Just thinking out loud.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If you have reason 2good2btrue seems very quiet, I also lived through the death of my mother in my house, I was paralyzed, could hardly speak and unlike my sister would not stop mourn and cry, .. everything is strange, also I remember I read that the neighbors heard more than one shot.
  • JavaJava Posts: 162
    Poor Katherine. It's rather curious that there was a robbery and now Peter is gone. I wonder what was stolen.
  • CrazyBananaCrazyBanana Posts: 745
    OMG... what the hell was stolen from him? could it have been MJ related? if that the reason he shot himself its gotta be pretty damn important ...
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    OMG... what the hell was stolen from him? could it have been MJ related? if that the reason he shot himself its gotta be pretty damn important ...

Wow <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> a robbery. This is unbelievable.
    Ok if it's true that everybody reacts differently let's say that Catherine Bach is the kind of woman to stay composed in such situatons. Then why is she unable to answer when asked how old is her husband?
  • It´s hard now to find news about López previous to this, but I found and interesting one.

Where does this fit?
    Sunday 16 March 2008
    <!-- m -->http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/ma ... cmonthly20<!-- m -->

Increasingly, Jackson's inner circle is shrinking down to a core group of key advisers. Mindful of having taken bad advice in the past, he now relies on the select counsel of a handful of eminences grises. One of them is the suave Peter Lopez, a highly-regarded entertainment lawyer with excellent Hollywood credentials - he is married to Catherine Bach, the actress best known for playing Daisy Duke in the television series Dukes of Hazzard. Lopez confirms that Jackson is in 'continued dialogue' with AEG Live and that there have been a number of 'informal conversations' with both Fuller and Wall over the course of the past year. 'All of these I would categorise as preliminary, ongoing discussions,' he says, over the phone from his office in Los Angeles. 'Michael is very excited to be moving forward.'

Lopez also insists that talk of a financial crisis is 'hogwash'. 'Neverland is not being auctioned off, it's simply that Michael has changed lenders. This talk emerges from several journalists in the US who love to spin things in the most negative way possible. The facts are the facts and he's had some cash flow issues in the past, but it's all under control now.'

This is before he even knew Tohme... so why does he says he contacted AEG?
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    Was the gun he was shot with found?
  • LadyMedicLadyMedic Posts: 169
    4)Since when do emergency people ask for your phone number? From my experience one's phone number shows up on their equipment once they get an incoming call and this call was from a land line too (a definite documented number). That is how they respond or call back if they get disconnected.

It depends on the company. If the call goes from the police department to the medical dispatcher for example, they will need to ask for the number because the call was merely transferred. Same for the address. It is very common to ask for both the phone number and address, and standard for many EMD calls.
    Here's an example:
    <!-- m -->http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/ems/ ... igure1.pdf<!-- m -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Yes I remember being asked for my number and my location, because the police also needed to be contacted.......thanks ladymedic.

Why did this case be catergorised as a "suicide" then????

As always, with L.O.V.E xoxox
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    These things within the call struck me as odd...
    -The call starts with Cathering referring to "someone" having been shot instead of immediately identifying him as her husband.
    -Catherine mentions that he may have shot himself. Odd conclusion to jump to.
    -The rich and famous usually live in gated communities. Robberies are much more difficult to pull off in those gated communities unless it's an inside job.
    -Heart attack and a branch breaking? Odd conclusions for her to jump to.
    -His feet were sticking straight up?
  • HopelessHopeless Posts: 278
    delete
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    I am too far away from the things that happened there so I do not have proof of anything.
    BUT this reminds me so much of another so-said-suicide with a leaked 911 tape that was debunked.

Remember 911 is the most important telephone number in the U.S. and 9/11 ist the most traumatizing date the U.S. has lived to date.
    The similarity of both numbers has been chosen on purpose and may ignite devastating pictures in traumatized minds on a subconscious level each time they get in contact with the number 911.

The leakage of 911 tapes is done on purpose IMHO.
    The leakage of potentially faked 911 tapes may have similar effects.
    911 tapes always are touching our inner selves.
    For tabloid OMGs / starer's pleasure only?
    These things within the call struck me as odd...
    -The call starts with Cathering referring to "someone" having been shot instead of immediately identifying him as her husband.
    -Catherine mentions that he may have shot himself. Odd conclusion to jump to.
    -The rich and famous usually live in gated communities. Robberies are much more difficult to pull off in those gated communities unless it's an inside job.
    -Heart attack and a branch breaking? Odd conclusions for her to jump to.
    -His feet were sticking straight up?

Strange indeed everybody agreed to say that he had absolutely no reason to commit suicide so it's very odd that she can think about this option so soon.