Michael Jackson -- Here Come the Sunflowers

edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson -- Here Come the Sunflowers
Originally posted 11 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

An impressive pile of sunflowers was just delivered to Michael Jackson's burial site in Glendale -- all thanks to Lisa Marie Presley's plea ... and a very generous donation.

051310-sunflowers-tmz.jpg

The flowers -- which Lisa said were Michael's favorite -- were just dropped off outside of the singer's mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery by the people from sunflowerguy.com.

We're told there are now around 1,500 sunflowers at the site ... which should be enough to get MJ through the weekend.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0nvSO2Re4<!-- m -->

Comments

• jacilovesmichaeljacilovesmichael Posts: 2,474
    "should be enough to get Michael through the weekend..."

Thats saying it's a good start, but he needs MORE (love and support aka "sunflowers")
  • Beautiful <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Come home Michael! You're killin' us! This is just all TOOOO funny! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • IdéaloIdéalo Posts: 104
    this flower, sunflower reminds me strangely beside the flower of the office of the judge at the hearing by Dr. Murray.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    "which should be enough to get MJ through the weekend." <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    WHAT´S THIS REALLY MEAN????

WEEKEND? SUN-DAY?

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • Le Papillon BleuLe Papillon Bleu Posts: 1,209
    SCARECROW
  • "which should be enough to get MJ through the weekend." <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

WEEKEND? SUN-DAY?

I don't understand it too...if I translate in French it means "there is enough sunflower to have Michael this week end" or something like that...
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    Ok girlies/guys I'm blind but the truck says sunflowerguy right? haha Where's our sunflower guy? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• TMZ added a video:

051310-michael-video.jpg

Click to play: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true ... 9e94f8087f<!-- m -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    "which should be enough to get MJ through the weekend." <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

WEEKEND? SUN-DAY?

I don't understand it too...if I translate in French it means "there is enough sunflower to have Michael this week end" or something like that...

I understand that Michael will have enough sunflowers until Sunday but he will need more after, that is to say on Monday...maybe something will happen on Monday. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

WEEKEND? SUN-DAY?

I TRANSLATE IN SPANISH IT MEANS THE SAME!!! LOL!!! THAT´S WHY I SAY SUN-DAY! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • Sure those flower will last more than 2 days. Flowers need at least 1 week to die...

to me, in french, get something through the week end, means have it before the end of the week end. It's weird <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Updates from Karen Faye's Twitter

I was told FL put as many sunflowers in with Michael as they could. The rest are in front of the sanctuary. about 2 hours ago via Twitterrific

Did you see all the sunflowers arriving @ Holy Terrace today? Thanks LMP and Jason. Sunflowerguy.com about 4 hours ago via mobile web

Sunflowers arrive for MJ. Go to <!-- m -->http://michaeljacksonchitchat.com/sunfl ... sons-tomb/<!-- m -->. Thanks LMP for request. about 9 hours ago via web Retweeted by wingheart and 22 others

@PepzMachine I always told Michael I loved sunflowers,and he always replied "me too".He gave me my wedding@Neverland,and filled it with SFs about 9 hours ago via web in reply to PepzMachine

SORRY Lisa, you are being misunderstood. Your heart was with Michael, and knowing he would want his fans closer. I feel you. 7:07 PM May 13th via Twitterrific

And this is the info from the link she tweeted

Sunflowers arrive on Michael Jackson’s tomb

May 14, 2010 by admin
    Filed under News, Sunflowers arrive on grave

3 Comments

After hearing the request from Lisa Marie Presley this week to shower Michael Jackson’s final resting place with sunflowers, fans and one florist have come to the rescue. Turns out sunflowers were Michael’s favorite flower. He referred to them as happy flowers.

Jason Levin from sunflowerguy.com stepped up to the request by delivering several thousand sunflowers to the mausoleum at Forest Lawn Cemetery.

Levin’s donation follows Lisa Marie’s MySpace posting Wednesday, complaining that Michael deserves more than the few bouquets, candles and gifts that currently surround his tomb.

Social networking sites are abuzz thanking Jason for his contributions to the King of Pop’s grave.

Much has also been heard through the media this week after LMP made the unusual request. Some groups and fans have questioned her motivation and accuracy as to the ‘empty’ tomb area. We would like you to consider the following before being too critical.

1. Lisa shared her private visitation information to fans which she did not have to do.

2. She seemed to be referring to inside where only those permitted are allowed. Although fans may be dropping off things outside, these items are only left for several days. She never suggested that things were not outside but rather around his tomb, in vases beside the tomb, etc. which suggests it is inside.

3. Live flowers must be removed after they die. She specifically asked for silk flowers so they could remain at the tomb. Even the fresh sunflowers now being delivered are only a temporary remedy.

Social media networks and groups on the Internet who frequently visit outside were in our opinion too quick to jump on this story as being inaccurate. Remember, she is in an area most are not allowed.

We also believe that her feelings are heartfelt as she apparently continued to have a friendship with Michael. Motivations as to their separation are personal and we assume may involve the now known addictions that plagued him throughout his life. For all of the reasons noted above, we feel critical mouths should be careful before throwing stones.

Thank Lisa Marie for letting MJ fans know and for the Jason and others who contributed to the remedy.
  • Who would be able to buy that many?

Also the title might be a play on the title of the Beatles song "Here Comes The Sun".

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
    Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
    and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
    Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
    Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
    and I say it's all right
    It's all right
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    The sunflower guy, has a facebook page and here is the link:

As always with "sunflower power" L.O.V.E xoxoxoxo

<!-- m -->http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sunflo ... 221?ref=ts<!-- m -->
    I feel that ice is slowly melting

REMINDS ME OF KENNY TWEET... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • I feel that ice is slowly melting

REMINDS ME OF KENNY TWEET... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Reminds me of Peter Pan...
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    Holy crap. I'm slowly going crazy..
    At a choir concert I just performed at, one of the projections was a giant sunflower,
    Then some girls did "I'm walking on sunshine", and had SFs in their hair.
    Finally, they handed out giant sunflowers to the seniors.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I think I need a break from the hoax.
  • StyloprincessStyloprincess Posts: 544
    Holy crap. I'm slowly going crazy..
    At a choir concert I just performed at, one of the projections was a giant sunflower,
    Then some girls did "I'm walking on sunshine", and had SFs in their hair.
    Finally, they handed out giant sunflowers to the seniors.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I think I need a break from the hoax.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    So now the fans are organising the next lot for the crypt on Facebook

Organic and Charity: WE WILL BE ORDERING FROM HERE: PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU WHAT YOU THINKCASA'smission is to support and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacyfor abused and neglected children so that they can thrive in safe,permanent homes. Now a portion of the proceeds will go to support CASAwith purchase of the......se stunning, long-lasting sunflowers are sure tolight up any room. Send someone this beautiful sunflower bouquet andsupport safe homes and better futures for our children.

CASA Sunflowers, EcoBlooms Certified, Eco-Friendly - OrganicBouquet.com
    <!-- w -->www.organicbouquet.com<!-- w -->
    Last year, more than 200,000 abused and neglected children received much-needed help, one child at a time, from CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteers. CASA's corps of over 50,000 trained community ...

And Jodi Gomes approves

Jodi Gomes I know more flowers are coming in, but this is nice. I will be visiting soon, and will make sure the flowers make it inside the tomb where Lisa Marie Presley was referring to. I know exactly what she means in that it looks bare inside.
    Michael Jackson crypt gets thousands of sunflowers - Yahoo! News
    news.yahoo.com
    Sunflowers are now blooming outside Michael Jackson's crypt.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Sunflowers will be blooming in Murray <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    1o6gr2
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> This is getting crazy Sunflowers Blooming in Murray wot??? Michael what is this is beyond anything possible seriously I'm losing it you gonna make me lose it <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    O-M-G!!!
    LOL!
    THIS IS... OK...I CAN´T WRITE ANYTHING...LOL...THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME!
    I´M STILL LAUGHING... ICAN´T EVEN THINK... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->