GLENDALE, Calif. May 14, 2010 (AP)
PrintRSS
Font Size:
Share:
EmailTwitterFacebook
More
FarkTechnoratiGoogleLiveMy SpaceNewsvineRedditDeliciousMixx
Yahoo

Sunflowers are now blooming outside Michael Jackson's crypt.

Grower Jason Levin on Friday delivered up to 2,000 sunflowers to the massive marble and concrete Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale.

Levin says he decided to donate the $3,000 to $5,000 worth of bright yellow flowers after hearing Lisa Marie Presley complained there were only a few bouquets, candles and gifts surrounding the tomb. And Levin heard sunflowers were the late pop star's favorite.

Levin, the owner of The Sunflower Guy in San Diego County, loaded up a truck and left Vista at dawn. Three hours later, he was unloading the flowers outside the heavily guarded mausoleum. Forest Lawn officials told him they would take them inside.

Jackson died at age 50 on June 25.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comments

• rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    OH Mike take this flower too! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

2m7gt2b.jpg
  • Michael Jackson Crypt Gets Thousands of Sunflowers
    Michael Jackson's crypt gets thousands of sunflowers, the pop star's favorite
    The Associated Press
    Post a Comment
    GLENDALE, Calif. May 14, 2010 (AP)
    PrintRSS
    Font Size:
    Share:
    EmailTwitterFacebook
    More
    FarkTechnoratiGoogleLiveMy SpaceNewsvineRedditDeliciousMixx
    Yahoo

Sunflowers are now blooming outside Michael Jackson's crypt.

Grower Jason Levin on Friday delivered up to 2,000 sunflowers to the massive marble and concrete Great Mausoleum at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale.

Levin says he decided to donate the $3,000 to $5,000 worth of bright yellow flowers after hearing Lisa Marie Presley complained there were only a few bouquets, candles and gifts surrounding the tomb. And Levin heard sunflowers were the late pop star's favorite.

Levin, the owner of The Sunflower Guy in San Diego County, loaded up a truck and left Vista at dawn. Three hours later, he was unloading the flowers outside the heavily guarded mausoleum. Forest Lawn officials told him they would take them inside.

Jackson died at age 50 on June 25.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

That is awesome! Is there a picture of this anywhere?
  • Pictures needed!!!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Are we aware of this context of sunflowers?

[youtube:30z9cv7m]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndYqlnewfz4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SowingTheSeedsOfLove.jpg

Wasn't our attention drawn to the fact that the sunflower is one of the illuminati symbols?

Was LMP asking for more sun showers or for more sunflowers?
    And doesn't MySpace belong to R. Murdoch's realm?
    Who is gardener and who is goat here?
    Are we (blinded) changing color?

• Grace, the sunflowerguy who donated the sunflowers to Forest Lawn is Harvey's relative. Harve is in the Good Camp, don't forget that.
    Mo, I am just watching. And I don't have a good vibe there.
  • Mo, I am just watching. And I don't have a good vibe there.

Also, don't forget LMP attended the green screened burial, so she must know he ain't dead...
  • alovesmichaelalovesmichael Posts: 903
    I don't understand? What's so great about people sending more flowers to the gravesite (fans spending their money etc.) if Michael is indeed alive? I'd think it was wonderful if I'd assume that Michael was gone but otherwise I don't get the positivity <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> . Anyone?
    The original or the official LMP <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ? I bet not everybody participating was in the know.
  • The original or the official LMP <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ? I bet not everybody participating was in the know.

So the people who attended thought it was perfectly normal to attend a burial at Culver City Studios, surrounded by green screens, directors, cameras..? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

film-bord.jpg
    Mo, have you ever been to L.A.?
    Anything, I mean anything is possible there that we would think is impossible.
  • Mo, have you ever been to L.A.?
    Anything, I mean anything is possible there that we would think is impossible.

Yes, I have been in L.A. Grace. I agree anything is possible, but don't tell me that people who have no idea what's going on wouldn't raise eye brows if they had to attend such a burial, specially when it's Michael Jackson's.
    There was a "dressing" rehearsal the night before - remember?
    We thought it was more than odd to rehearse for a funeral - well maybe that one was the real deal for the non-official, non-original body. And if there was a real ceremony as a rehearsal for some and a real evening for others - then who should be suspicious? Do we know if the persons attending the two evenings were the same?
    We know little.
  • There was a "dressing" rehearsal the night before - remember?
    We thought it was more than odd to rehearse for a funeral - well maybe that one was the real deal for the non-official, non-original body. And if there was a real ceremony as a rehearsal for some and a real evening for others - then who should be suspicious? Do we know if the persons attending the two evenings were the same?
    We know little.

Wasn't that rehearsal the day before for the Memorial? I'm talking about the burial. LMP attended the burial, not the Memorial.
    I don't know if this means sth... but...
    I just remembered History tour and earth song.. and the end of the song..
    a sunflower in solder hand...

6pwyli.jpg
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

6pwyli.jpg

Good memory, I'm gonna watch that again.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> yes a Sunflower there at the end of the song. I luv it luv it how all our heads how one misses something another one of you guys finds it I'm amazed. Yeah the last name Levin struck me good ol' Harvey <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Seems everything and everyone is connected in some way.
    There was a "dressing" rehearsal the night before - remember?
    We know little.

Wasn't that rehearsal the day before for the Memorial? I'm talking about the burial. LMP attended the burial, not the Memorial.

Nope, the "dress rehearsal" took place the night before the burial.
    http://mjkit.forumotion.net/the-burial-the-body-forrest-lawn-f46/official-burial-observation-thread-t1136-25.htm
    A pity we haven't seen any sunflowers at memorial / burial.
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    It's all right. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ludb-Khy ... re=related<!-- m -->

6pwyli.jpg

Good memory, I'm gonna watch that again.

It was very beautiful show..
    a little girl gave him(solder) a sunflower and then Michael took his hand and the song ends..

so i thought maybe it means something.. since we are his LOVE solders.. his army.. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • There was a "dressing" rehearsal the night before - remember?
    We know little.

Nope, the "dress rehearsal" took place the night before the burial.
    http://mjkit.forumotion.net/the-burial-the-body-forrest-lawn-f46/official-burial-observation-thread-t1136-25.htm
    A pity we haven't seen any sunflowers at memorial / burial.

I went to the thread you linked to, and found that one poster mentioned a "dress rehearsal" for the burial, and then two other posters make comments to that post.

I have watched the news very closely the days prior to the burial and on the day of the burial. I have never heard or seen anything about a "dress rehearsal" prior to the burial. I went through the entire TMZ recap of September, and nothing is mentioned in their articles. A google search doesn't return any results either.

If there has been a "dress rehearsal" on September 2nd and I missed that part, then I would really like to see/hear where it's mentioned in the media. Can you please link me?
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    You know, all this talk of sunflowers is so weird, because my family loves 'em and our kitchen is full of paintings, drapes, and such with them on it..!

• The sunflowers made the Dutch national news at 6PM. They showed footage of them at Forest Lawn.
    If there has been a "dress rehearsal" on September 2nd and I missed that part, then I would really like to see/hear where it's mentioned in the media. Can you please link me?

Sure Mo, there are several sources stating this. The rehearsal was also discussed on MJHD.
    It was very odd and we thought it was done to get some material for the Jackson reality show.

http://www.ahlanlive.com/14586-michael-jackson-burial-tonight
    http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/09/03/gladys_knight_to_sing_at_michael_jackson
    Comment #17:
    http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/03/michael-jackson-burial-the-bill/2
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    So are you saying that all the people at the funeral are in on and part of the hoax? Regarding the sunflowers, I remember the clip at the end of the Earth song video where the child gives the flower to the soldier (through the heart of a child) who offers the sunflower to MJ, and looks like he's bowing to the king, the peacemaker, who stops the tank and wants to stop wars. "See the nations turn their swords into plowshares." from Heal the World. I see the field of sunflowers and the man giving 1500 as a picture of us as the army of love (1500 is a small token amount of his huge field of probably millions). OUr bright happy faces following Michael where-ever he goes, bringing love to the world. In this song it's not "empty space" but "Make a little space, make a better place." What if Michael wants us to be collectively more vocal, more cheerful, positive, all MJ fans united in love.