Michael Jackson -- My Dog Ate My Creditor's Claim

edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson -- My Dog Ate My Creditor's Claim
Originally posted May 18th 2010 12:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

michael_jackson_getty_52619757_ex-1.jpg

A guy who worked with Michael Jackson for roughly 40 years is begging a judge to accept a creditor's claim 4 months after the deadline -- because, well, he didn't know it was due!

Richard Arons -- one of Michael's old managers -- claims MJ's estate never informed him that he needed to file a claim to continue getting the royalty checks he had been pulling in for years.

In the docs, filed Friday in L.A. County Superior Court, Arons claims by the time he learned he needed to file the paperwork, the deadline had passed ... and dude doesn't want his money well to dry up!

Now, Arons wants a second chance -- we'll see if the excuse flies with the judge.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0oGbqDLHu<!-- m -->

Comments

• 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    What more can I say !! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> As always, with L.O.V.E xoxoxo
  • MichaelangelaMichaelangela Posts: 171
    Michael looks very skinny in this picture. His eyeballs are sticking out. Is this picture from trial period, would make sense. Does anybody know?

And about TMZ report: Did MJ ever paid anyone or did they just provide services for free, but they need to retire now, so they would claim money now. Where are these people resurfacing from? I think it's just TMZ's creativeness. Klick people, klick!!!!!
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    i dont know if there's anything extremely significant in this one. it just seems odd all around.

the title makes me think of school though. you know, the classic excuse of "my dog ate my homework." maybe TMZ is just further trying to tell us we're being taught a lesson- they (michael) teach, we do the homework. and we can't slack off, otherwise we won't get the reward (bam).
  • I agree this may be a message about "accountability". It seems that many people lack that nowadays. It is rather pervasive how some want to reap the rewards and benefits without doing the required work.

• Richard Arons is a rock photographer.

Richard E. Aaron's career as a rock 'n' roll photographer took him around the world -- several times, in fact. But there were a couple of places that remained the same no matter what town he happened to be in that night -- The Pit and Backstage. As a working professional photographer, these spaces were home to Richard the majority of evenings on any given week.

The Pit refers not to the mosh pit, a Nineties innovation to the rock venue, but rather the photographers pit directly in front of the stage where Richard and his colleagues would gather to capture the elusive perfect shot. Often within reaching distance of the performers, these were the “best seats” in the house, although technically there were no seats in the pit.

When he wasn't shooting a live performance or backstage, Richard would work out of his studio, a Manhattan brownstone with 18 foot ceilings and 8-foot-high windows that was perfect for shooting in natural light. His studio was filled with a photographer's paraphernalia: strobe lights, umbrellas diffusers, light stands and tripods, and huge seamless rolls of paper.

Come along now as Richard recounts his best anecdotes about life beyond the mosh pit. Always the professional, Richard also relates insider technical details about the shooting of each photo.
    jackson2.jpg
    Michael Jackson - I had shot The Jackson 5 for Rock & Soul magazine for years. Michael in the early 70's was a quiet, unassuming young man. When on assignment for Rock & Soul magazine, no matter what the location, quality was first.Shot all the interview assignments with portable studio strobes.

Plus-X 125ASA 1/60sec. f/8 85mm lens Studio strobe

<!-- m -->http://www.rockpix.com<!-- m -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030

Richard Arons is a rock photographer.

Richard E. Aaron's career as a rock 'n' roll photographer took him around the world -- several times, in fact. But there were a couple of places that remained the same no matter what town he happened to be in that night -- The Pit and Backstage. As a working professional photographer, these spaces were home to Richard the majority of evenings on any given week.

The Pit refers not to the mosh pit, a Nineties innovation to the rock venue, but rather the photographers pit directly in front of the stage where Richard and his colleagues would gather to capture the elusive perfect shot. Often within reaching distance of the performers, these were the “best seats” in the house, although technically there were no seats in the pit.

When he wasn't shooting a live performance or backstage, Richard would work out of his studio, a Manhattan brownstone with 18 foot ceilings and 8-foot-high windows that was perfect for shooting in natural light. His studio was filled with a photographer's paraphernalia: strobe lights, umbrellas diffusers, light stands and tripods, and huge seamless rolls of paper.

Come along now as Richard recounts his best anecdotes about life beyond the mosh pit. Always the professional, Richard also relates insider technical details about the shooting of each photo.
    jackson2.jpg
    Michael Jackson - I had shot The Jackson 5 for Rock & Soul magazine for years. Michael in the early 70's was a quiet, unassuming young man. When on assignment for Rock & Soul magazine, no matter what the location, quality was first.Shot all the interview assignments with portable studio strobes.

okay so...a rock photographer or an "old manager?" and why would a rock photographer even receive royalties?

• Oooops...my bad... The photographer's name is Aaron, not Arons. TMZ writes Arons and the Superior Court also lists him as Arons. Sorry!
  • MichaelangelaMichaelangela Posts: 171

Richard Arons is a rock photographer.

jackson2.jpg

You should be paid by TMZ for doing their job investigating, Mo, cause they suck at it. He was a photographer not manager.Great find.
    Thanx Mo

• Richard Arons is a rock photographer.

jackson2.jpg

You should be paid by TMZ for doing their job investigating, Mo, cause they suck at it. He was a photographer not manager.Great find.
    Thanx Mo

Oooops...my bad... The photographer's name is Aaron, not Arons. TMZ writes Arons and the Superior Court also lists him as Arons. Sorry!

• Here's the Richard Arons we're looking for:

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 2, 1999--

CutCo Industries Inc. (OTCBB:CUTC) Tuesday announced that Richard Arons, a prominent attorney and business executive, has accepted the position of president. His appointment is effective today.

The company also announced that Arons and another investor, Moishe Mana, have acquired 100,000 restricted shares of the company's stock at $5.50 per share.

Arons will join the company's board of directors. He will be located in the company's new Los Angeles offices, which will be the focal point of its expansion into Internet, e-commerce and high technology operations. The company's Syosset, New York, offices will continue as the center of the company's hair salon franchising business.

As previously announced, CutCo Industries is in the process of changing its name to Yellowave Corp., and has launched its Web site, <!-- m -->http://www.yellowave.com<!-- m -->. A meeting of shareholders to approve the name change is scheduled for Nov. 18.

Management has already received proxies approving the name change from holders of a majority of shares outstanding. The name change is expected to be effective Nov. 19. The company is applying for listing on the Nasdaq stock market with the proposed trading symbol of YWAV. The company expects that it will qualify for a Nasdaq listing.

The company's Los Angeles offices are located at 11777 San Vicente Blvd., Suite 505, Los Angeles, Calif. 90049. The telephone number is 310/979-8055 and fax 310/979-7044.

Arons, 52, has enjoyed a distinguished career as a practicing attorney and as an advisor and investor in a number of successful companies. Among entertainment industry professionals he is best known for managing and representing Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five during their meteoric rise over the first decade of their career.

As a result of Arons' appointment, Ron Oren is vacating the temporary post of interim president, and will continue as chairman of the board. Laura Ballegeer, formerly chief operating officer, will become chief executive officer.

"We are extremely fortunate to have attracted an executive of the stature and experience of Richard Arons," said Oren. "His talents and strategic vision will be key to the company's continuing progress toward our goal of repositioning this company to be a leader in the Internet and technology sectors," Oren said.

Arons' purchase of 50,000 shares of the company's stock in the recent private placement brings his total holding to 57,000 shares. In addition, New York businessman Mana purchased 50,000 shares, bringing his holdings to 154,500 shares.

Mana, owner of Moishe Moving and Worldwide Document Storage, both located in New York City, will not join the board. The additional shares held by Arons and Mana were purchased in the open market at prices higher than that paid for their restricted shares.

CutCo recently reported earnings of $775,067, or 96 cents per share, for the year ended June 30, 1999, compared to a loss of $407,257 or 52 cents per share the prior year. Revenues for the most recent fiscal year were $4,468,853, compared to $6,896,700 for the previous year, with the decline in revenues reflecting the effect of the sale of a number of the company's hair salons.

Source: <!-- m -->http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _57094779/<!-- m -->

So, Mr. Arons, a prominent attorney and business executive, who, among entertainment industry professionals is best known for managing and representing Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five during their meteoric rise over the first decade of their career, didn't know that he needed to file a claim to continue getting the royalty checks he had been pulling in for years..?
  • http://www.chicagoreader.com/gyrobase/the-jackson-find/Content?oid=1191672&showFullText=true

During this period the people who thought they were managing the Jackson Five could've fielded a baseball team. They included Keith, Spann, Jones, a Chicago policeman named Luther Terry, whom Spann describes as "an individual that had thought he had some latitude . . . but didn't," and New York lawyer Richard Arons, who reportedly struck his deal with Joseph when the boys went east to play Harlem's Apollo Theater in May 1968. It was their first pro gig at the theater, booked by soul singer Joe Simon, who takes some credit for discovering Michael as a result—but the amateur-night audience that applauded the Jackson Five to victory in August 1967, on their first visit, deserves at least as big a share.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jacksons_(TV_series)

The Jacksons is an American variety show featuring the Jackson siblings (except for Jermaine, who was signed to Motown while the Jackson group was signed to the CBS record label). It was the first variety show where the entire cast were siblings. As with the Jackson 5 regular performances, Michael Jackson was the lead performer in musical and dance performances.
    The thirty-minute Wednesday evening show began airing on CBS as a summer 1976 show and it continued into the 1976–1977 season, finishing on March 9, 1977 after running for 12 episodes.

Production:
    Executive producer(s)
    Richard Arons
    Bill Davis
    Joe Jackson
    https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/3/lot/363/

Lot 363 of 564:
    MICHAEL JACKSON SIGNED CONTRACT

Description:
    A fully executed music publishing agreement dated August 9, 1976 and signed by Richard A. Arons on behalf of The Jackson's newly established publishing company, Peacock Music Publishing Company, and Michael Joe Jackson. The agreement gives Michael Jackson a 100% share in the publishing rights to the song "Blues Away" which appeared on their first album released after leaving Motown, The Jacksons. 14 by 18 1/2 inches

lot3215.jpg

lot3216.jpg
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    That lawyer Richard Arons, do not know what to do <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    And the title of the news, Michael Jackson, my dog ate "my" claim of the creditor, "who is the Richard Arons dog or Michael? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923

okay so...a rock photographer or an "old manager?" and why would a rock photographer even receive royalties?

I am assuming because the photographer owns some copywrite over the images he shoots.. so everytime one of his photographs are used by the estate for marketing, etc.. he should get a cut of the profits.

Seems fair to me.. after all, these photographs are his lifes work.

• okay so...a rock photographer or an "old manager?" and why would a rock photographer even receive royalties?

I am assuming because the photographer owns some copywrite over the images he shoots.. so everytime one of his photographs are used by the estate for marketing, etc.. he should get a cut of the profits.

Seems fair to me.. after all, these photographs are his lifes work.

Like I already said twice in this thread:
    Oooops...my bad... The photographer's name is Aaron, not Arons. TMZ writes Arons and the Superior Court also lists him as Arons. Sorry!
  • BlondyBlondy Posts: 76
    Hi,

did anybody noticed the time-change of the artikle?????? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

It's still on top. (the thirth)

There are 3 new artikles below it............ <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Blondy
  • Hi,

did anybody noticed the time-change of the artikle?????? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

It's still on top. (the thirth)

There are 3 new artikles below it............ <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Blondy

There is no time change. It was and still is "Originally posted May 18th 2010 12:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff".
  • BlondyBlondy Posts: 76
    Hi Mo,

oh my bad..... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

but why doe they have put the 3 new artikles under this? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • What I don't understand is why the attorney would still be pulling in royalties years after he represented Michael? That isn't normal, is it? And, why just Michael - is he getting royalties from the Jackson 5? I can't believe these people trying to steal Michael blind for years on end and nobody stepped up to protect him.

Another thing - Michael signed his middle name Joe.
  • Hi Mo,

oh my bad..... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

but why doe they have put the 3 new artikles under this? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

I don't know, but you can submit your questions to Harvey ever day. In about three hours they will post a link to it on the TMZ website.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    My first thought was "Arons wants a second chance" - Aron and Aaron Presley and a second birth.
    Then I noticed that the title does not have so much to do with the content of the article except that it's a "saying" for a bad excuse why the docs were not filed in time.
    Then I noticed the "dead line" <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> that had been passed.

So I googled for the title and ran into this very interesting article:
    http://identitytheft911.org/articles/article.ext?sp=915

The Dog Ate My Identity
    [Scammers using identity theft resolution as credit repair; fraudulent police reports raise red flags
    April 2007
    Identity theft is finally on the public radar. We all know people whose identities have been stolen. We've all heard horror stories of destroyed credit, stolen savings, and ruined reputations. Now, at long last, victims of this crime are beginning to get the recognition and help they deserve.

Unfortunately, some of those asking for help don't deserve it.

Mixed in with the millions of real identity theft victims are a few people looking to blame their credit problems on an imaginary identity thief—you know, that mysterious guy who drained the accounts, ran up all those charges, and left the poor "victim" holding the bag. If only there were a way to wipe the credit slate clean! If only there were a way to make all those "fraudulent" charges and defaults go away — to get a fresh start with good credit and put those horrendous debts in the past.][...]

• Here's the Richard Arons we're looking for:

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 2, 1999--

CutCo Industries Inc. (OTCBB:CUTC) Tuesday announced that Richard Arons, a prominent attorney and business executive, has accepted the position of president. His appointment is effective today.

The company also announced that Arons and another investor, Moishe Mana, have acquired 100,000 restricted shares of the company's stock at $5.50 per share.

Arons will join the company's board of directors. He will be located in the company's new Los Angeles offices, which will be the focal point of its expansion into Internet, e-commerce and high technology operations. The company's Syosset, New York, offices will continue as the center of the company's hair salon franchising business.

As previously announced, CutCo Industries is in the process of changing its name to Yellowave Corp., and has launched its Web site, <!-- m -->http://www.yellowave.com<!-- m -->. A meeting of shareholders to approve the name change is scheduled for Nov. 18.

Management has already received proxies approving the name change from holders of a majority of shares outstanding. The name change is expected to be effective Nov. 19. The company is applying for listing on the Nasdaq stock market with the proposed trading symbol of YWAV. The company expects that it will qualify for a Nasdaq listing.

The company's Los Angeles offices are located at 11777 San Vicente Blvd., Suite 505, Los Angeles, Calif. 90049. The telephone number is 310/979-8055 and fax 310/979-7044.

Arons, 52, has enjoyed a distinguished career as a practicing attorney and as an advisor and investor in a number of successful companies. Among entertainment industry professionals he is best known for managing and representing Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five during their meteoric rise over the first decade of their career.

As a result of Arons' appointment, Ron Oren is vacating the temporary post of interim president, and will continue as chairman of the board. Laura Ballegeer, formerly chief operating officer, will become chief executive officer.

"We are extremely fortunate to have attracted an executive of the stature and experience of Richard Arons," said Oren. "His talents and strategic vision will be key to the company's continuing progress toward our goal of repositioning this company to be a leader in the Internet and technology sectors," Oren said.

Arons' purchase of 50,000 shares of the company's stock in the recent private placement brings his total holding to 57,000 shares. In addition, New York businessman Mana purchased 50,000 shares, bringing his holdings to 154,500 shares.

Mana, owner of Moishe Moving and Worldwide Document Storage, both located in New York City, will not join the board. The additional shares held by Arons and Mana were purchased in the open market at prices higher than that paid for their restricted shares.

CutCo recently reported earnings of $775,067, or 96 cents per share, for the year ended June 30, 1999, compared to a loss of $407,257 or 52 cents per share the prior year. Revenues for the most recent fiscal year were $4,468,853, compared to $6,896,700 for the previous year, with the decline in revenues reflecting the effect of the sale of a number of the company's hair salons.

Source: <!-- m -->http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _57094779/<!-- m -->

So, Mr. Arons, a prominent attorney and business executive, who, among entertainment industry professionals is best known for managing and representing Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five during their meteoric rise over the first decade of their career, didn't know that he needed to file a claim to continue getting the royalty checks he had been pulling in for years..?

i agree - if this Aron's guy is a prominent attorney & business executive (as stated in the article above) then he SHOULD have known he needed to file a claim to continue getting royalty checks! If he did not know I surely wouldn't want him representing me in any kind of courtroom!
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    OK THERE WAS A DEADLINE AND I STILL WAS SOME CLAIMS FILED AFTER THAT I REMEMBER MENTIONING THAT SO THIS DUDE REALLY HAS NO EXCUSE BUT TO ME THIS ANOTHER DISTRACTION I BELIEVE MORE CLUES AND TO KEEP MIKE ON DA FRONT PAGE OF TMZ HE'S GOTTA BE THERE SOMEWHERE IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT IS BUT THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING IF WE READ BETWEEN THE LINES <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> TO ME WHAT'S STANDS OUT IS THE TITLE AND "A SECOND CHANCE" MIKE YOU WANNA ANOTHER CHANCE? REMEMBER THAT SONG ONE MORE CHANCE! OMG! THAT'S THE VIDEO SONY DIDN'T RELEASE WHERE HIS ON THE TABLES.

"One More Chance"

Uh huh alright
    This time gonna do my best to make it right
    Can't go on without you by my side
    Hold on
    Shelter come and rescue me out of this storm
    And out of this cold I need someone
    Oh why oh why why why
    If you see her
    tell her this from me
    All I need is

One more chance at love