The new forum, please read.

Comments

• GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Thank you Souza for all your work! <br />It is getting better each day and it really looks so much better now and handling is so much easier.<br /><br />smiley-face-coffee-cup.jpg
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    I'm really amazed at how awesome this new layout is! Souza, thank you for all your hard work, I don't know how you find the time to do this, but it is appreciated very much! I think all of the new members to come, will find it easy to navigate.<br /><br />I want to send Love and Blessings to all of our beautiful "MJ" family here! I hope you are all doing well! Keep spreading "Love" and "Awareness", and always..."Keep The Faith"! <br />I Love you guys and I appreciate all the hard work everyone has contributed to our forum. I will never forget this experience and all the wonderful souls who have participated. God Bless You All!<br />Dayna :)
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Thank you Souza!! ;D<br />Are you able to un-ban me from the chatroom when you get a chance ?  :-\
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    <br />Okay, new update:<br /><br />As you all have seen, I installed a homepage for the forum (click 'home' in the menu) where you can find active/new posts and all kind of features, and I set the sideblocks for the forum as well. Just browse it and check it out.<br /><br />Another update is the gallery (again in the menu) where we can create albums. I am going to disable attachments, since they are not working anyway, so this is a great alternative. I will set up some categories, but let me know if you would like to have another one added for your upload. Once uploaded, everyone can use the bbcode for that picture to post in the forum, instead of uploading an attachment.<br /><br />It is still a test though, because if it will slow down the forum when more files are uploaded, I will have to delete it again. So far it's running, so let's hope it stays that way.<br /><br />I will work on the smilies next.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

on 1311657652:
    <br />Thank you Souza!! ;D<br />Are you able to un-ban me from the chatroom when you get a chance ?  :-\<br />
    <br /><br />Can you please mail me your username? This thread is not about the chat. If you send me your username I will see what I can do.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Hi Souza, if you need help fixing codes for youtube etc, as in manual work, you tell me what to do and I will do it, I can help you :)<br /><br />I am savvy enough to know what not to do :)
    on 1311658646:
    <br />Hi Souza, if you need help fixing codes for youtube etc, as in manual work, you tell me what to do and I will do it, I can help you :)<br /><br />I am savvy enough to know what not to do :)<br />
    <br /><br />That would be great! I will set the permissions for you to edit posts right away. Just walk through them and edit the wrong codes (YouTube, images etc.) to the right codes. Or edit them if you bump into posts with errors. Large fonts are set to 99px, they should be edited to 14px, because they make the board way too wide. Anyways, you will be fine. PM me if you need more info.

Thanks Souza, I will do what I can.<br /><br />
    on 1311659104:
    <br />
    on 1311658646:
    <br />Hi Souza, if you need help fixing codes for youtube etc, as in manual work, you tell me what to do and I will do it, I can help you :)<br /><br />I am savvy enough to know what not to do :)<br />
    <br /><br />That would be great! I will set the permissions for you to edit posts right away. Just walk through them and edit the wrong codes (YouTube, images etc.) to the right codes. Or edit them if you bump into posts with errors. Large fonts are set to 99px, they should be edited to 14px, because they make the board way too wide. Anyways, you will be fine. PM me if you need more info.<br />
    on 1311660220:
    <br />Thanks Souza, I will do what I can.<br /><br />
    on 1311659104:
    <br />
    on 1311658646:
    <br /><br />That would be great! I will set the permissions for you to edit posts right away. Just walk through them and edit the wrong codes (YouTube, images etc.) to the right codes. Or edit them if you bump into posts with errors. Large fonts are set to 99px, they should be edited to 14px, because they make the board way too wide. Anyways, you will be fine. PM me if you need more info.<br />
    <br />
    <br /><br />Should work now. If I set the permissions right, you will now have a 'modify' button displayed in each post. Thanks a bunch!

I forgot another update: at the bottom of each topic there is now a 'share me' function, that allows you to share a certain topic easily on different social media sites.

I see the modify :)<br /><br />
    on 1311660294:
    <br />
    on 1311660220:
    <br />Thanks Souza, I will do what I can.<br /><br />
    on 1311659104:
    <br />
    on 1311658646:
    <br />
    <br /><br />Should work now. If I set the permissions right, you will now have a 'modify' button displayed in each post. Thanks a bunch!<br />
    Another function added: the blog function, as we had on the old board. In your personal menu on the left (top), you will now see "My blog". If you click this you will enter your personal blog page, in which you can blog whatever you want. Before you can post a new blog though (on the right side), you will have to create a category for the blog you are going to post. As it's your own blog, you can make as many categories and blogs if you like. To view all blogs, click on 'blogs' in the menu.

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    When I posted just now, the 'modify' button was not there.<br /><br />I was finding it hard to see all the new posts when if I had briefly been on a site and wanted to go back, it was already marked as read, so it didn't show. So I finally discovered that if I clicked on the 'Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators', then I could get the complete 'Last Topics' list whether I had been on one of them or not.<br />Is it possible to have the link always at the top for 'Last Topics'?<br />Thanks!
    on 1311664342:
    <br />When I posted just now, the 'modify' button was not there.<br /><br />I was finding it hard to see all the new posts when if I had briefly been on a site and wanted to go back, it was already marked as read, so it didn't show. So I finally discovered that if I clicked on the 'Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators', then I could get the complete 'Last Topics' list whether I had been on one of them or not.<br />Is it possible to have the link always at the top for 'Last Topics'?<br />Thanks!<br />
    <br /><br />The last posts are on the homepage. If I add them to the forum view, it will become unclear.<br /><br />And the modify button is disabled, just like on the old board. Some members simply took advantage of it and deleted important topics/posts by editing them.

<br />And another feature added: YouTube embedding.<br /><br />You will be asked to enter your YouTube channel name (name only, not the whole link, for example, mine is SouzicalTheMusical). You don't have to, you can also delete this notification without adding your profile. If you change your mind, you can always add it later via Profile -> Forum profile -> Actions.<br /><br />It will add all your videos in your youtube account on here (embedded, they will not be uploaded) and you can add any video you want to the gallery, which can be viewed by clicking 'Youtube Gallery' in the menu.

New bbcode added: embedded facebook videos (see facebook icon next to image icon when posting a message)<br /><br />[size=18pt]Note![/size] You should not put the whole link between the [facebook][/facebook] tag, you need to edit it:<br /><br />If this is the url of the video for example:<br /><br />http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=257703937579381<br /><br />You will put the following between the tags to make sure the video will actually show:<br /><br />http://www.facebook.com/v/257703937579381

New bbcode: Float.  Let's you wrap text around images emulating the float: right/left (green arrows next to font face). Usefull when posting topics or blog posts with images.<br /><br />smf04.jpg<br />

• suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    [size=10pt]just stopped by for a visit before work. i can see that we should expect a few peaks and valley's over the next little while until this thing is completed. hang in there everyone . we will get there.  ;D [/size]<br /><br />Thanks Souza !
    Added bbcode: post .pdf files (next to images). With this function you can include .pdf files that are somewhere on a server (no upload!). For example, this is the DC posted by TMZ as .pdf and instead of linking to the document, I have included it in the post to view and download: http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php/topic,17659.msg301917.html#msg301917

• Thank you Souza! I did everything you suggested, and I am up and running fine! Thanks so much for the time info example. It was a big help!  :-* <br /><br />Stay blessed, because you certainly are!<br />OnTheWingsOfLove<br /><br />P.S. Can we get the bear hug back!!!
  • taty_2crazytaty_2crazy Posts: 290
    Thanx Souza!Great Job.  ;D ;D
  • Lots of good stuff added.  Thanks so much for your efforts Souza!  I am having a bit of trouble with modifying my profile.  My avatar transferred over from the old site, but when I went into the modifying profile, I lost it. :(  Now I can't upload it or any others that I have on my hard drive, as it says the file is too large or something else is wrong.  Can't seem to add sig either.  My ARMY of L.O.V.E. designation is gone too.  :( :(  How do I get this all working again.....when you have a moment.  Thanks! ;)
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    on 1311734282:
    <br />Lots of good stuff added.  Thanks so much for your efforts Souza!  I am having a bit of trouble with modifying my profile.  My avatar transferred over from the old site, but when I went into the modifying profile, I lost it. :(  Now I can't upload it or any others that I have on my hard drive, as it says the file is too large or something else is wrong.  Can't seem to add sig either.  My ARMY of L.O.V.E. designation is gone too.  :( :(  How do I get this all working again.....when you have a moment.  Thanks! ;)<br />
    <br /><br />The sig should be fine if you edit the code, the url for your pic should be surrounded by [img ]http://pic url[ /img]. You&#39;re missing the "/" in the last[/img] as it's showing up in your sig now.<br /><br />Yours says:<br />[img ]http://pic url[ img]<br /><br />It should be:<br />[/img][img ]http://pic url[ /img]<br /><br />(without the spaces, I added them to make the code visible)<br /><br />The rest is over my head, let&#39;s wait for Souza.[/img]
  • Thanks Bec, I will make the change you identified.  Ha!  Make that change! ;D<br /><br />My avatar however is an upload from my hard drive that I can access through the browse feature.  It does not come from a http site.  So, not sure what to do there. ???
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    You did it Liberian Girl!
This discussion has been closed.