Official New Forum Questions, Problems & Suggestions Thread

1235»

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    Interesting. Apparently if I come here under a proxy, it works just fine. Default proxy I can only read 2 replies and the rest of the page doesn't load. Different proxy=no problems.<br /><br />Wtf???
  • on 1311616248:
    <br />
    on 1311611997:
    <br />
    on 1311608243:
    <br />Just a quick note for those that can't wait: I have found the 'view first unread post' button.<br /><br />Go to unread posts, which is the same as the list you got at the phpbb forum, then click on the 'new' button.<br /><br />Voila!<br />
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Where is the 'new" button? I can't seem to find it....but I will keep looking.[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />Click 'unread posts since last visit' on top next to your avatar, and you will get a list with the active topics that have new posts in them. In that list you see the new button next to the thread title.<br />
    <br /><br />in the "unread posts since last visit" section - is it possible to include the original date that a subject was started - for example under subject it lists the subject title followed by "started by (screen name)  in (forum subject)".  this would help me to determine if the subject is new material or old news.  Thank you ~ the site looks great!
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    Thank you! That works for me! Phew!<br /><br />One other question. How do you find the threads that you've posted in? (other than show new replies to your posts) For instance, I read your response in this thread, then went back to the index board. Then I wanted to respond to this thread, but it no longer showed up when I clicked on "new replies", because I had already read it.  I had to click back several times on my browser to find it. Does that make sense? <br /><br />I understand that you can search for key words, but often times I don't know the exact name of the thread to do a search. Thank you for your patience in helping us get familiar with the new forum.<br /><br /><br />
    on 1311616248:
    <br />
    on 1311611997:
    <br />
    on 1311608243:
    <br />Just a quick note for those that can't wait: I have found the 'view first unread post' button.<br /><br />Go to unread posts, which is the same as the list you got at the phpbb forum, then click on the 'new' button.<br /><br />Voila!<br />
    <br /><br />[size=10pt]Where is the 'new" button? I can't seem to find it....but I will keep looking.[/size]<br />
    <br /><br />Click 'unread posts since last visit' on top next to your avatar, and you will get a list with the active topics that have new posts in them. In that list you see the new button next to the thread title.<br />
    Never mind....I see if you just click home....then all the latest threads are there. ;D
    on 1311619994:
    <br />Never mind....I see if you just click home....then all the latest threads are there. ;D<br />
    <br /><br />Never mind that post either....I was wrong again.  :'(  This new forum makes me feel like a bonehead.....and I normally can troubleshoot/figure things out fairly easily.  Where's that smashing the computer icon?  Lol!
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Everything's looking better all the time!  :)<br />Just wondering-- is there a way to change the time to my time?  I don't see it in my profile.<br />And are all the old pics/videos posted in threads- gone forever?
    Okay....I think I figured a semi-easier way to find posts that you haven't read. (not just those since your last visit)<br /><br />1. Click view new posts since last visit<br />2. Go to the bottom of page.....on the bottom right it says "view all unread posts" (it's a dark gray button right next to a button that says "mark all posts read")<br /><br />That will get you a list of all the threads that have posts that you haven't read.  <br /><br /> :) Hopefully this helps.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Just want to say that it looks so much better Souza! It's clearer.<br /><br /> :)
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    <br />off topic: why when you use the quote button you get the quick reply window with no options and on the reply button you get all the perks and now quote? makes it difficult. sorry to piss and moan souza but i don't get it.<br />
    <br /><br />hey, instead of using[size=14pt] Quote[/size] button, just go to [size=14pt]Replay[/size] button and use [size=14pt]Insert Quote[/size] tab, that you still have in all of the posts in the thread :)
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    on 1311792340:
    <br />
    <br />off topic: why when you use the quote button you get the quick reply window with no options and on the reply button you get all the perks and now quote? makes it difficult. sorry to piss and moan souza but i don't get it.<br />
    <br /><br />hey, instead of using[size=14pt] Quote[/size] button, just go to [size=14pt]Replay[/size] button and use [size=14pt]Insert Quote[/size] tab, that you still have in all of the posts in the thread :)<br />
    [size=24pt][/size]wow ! i like it , i like it! thank your ForstAMoon :-*  hope the  :-* isn't too forward but we don't have a hug any more. maybe we could get a pat on the back one.
  • applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
    <br />
    <br /><br />off topic: why when you use the quote button you get the quick reply window with no options and on the reply button you get all the perks and now quote? makes it difficult. sorry to piss and moan souza but i don't get it.<br />
    <br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]Supicious mind,finally someone who has the same problem like me.Why when I want to post it shows me quick reply? And why when you want to attach something you cant put it where you want?<br />I know is not the right place to ask this questions but it starting to piss me.<br /><br />LOVE[/size]
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    Just to let you know, I moved posts with forum navigation and formatting questions from TIAI discussions to this new thread. Please continue to ask questions in the F.A.Q. section or under the thread made by Souza abut the new forum.  :)
    on 1311794043:
    <br />Just to let you know, I moved posts with forum navigation and formatting questions from TIAI discussions to this new thread. Please continue to ask questions in the F.A.Q. section or under the thread made by Souza abut the new forum.  :)
    <br /><br /><br />thank you.  got to get used to extra things showing up at the bottom of the page.  ;D <br /><br />since i am here i have a question for souza. it seems like it is possible that you are working on some aspects of the program during certain times of the day , which bring on delays and so on. would it be best if as a temporay measure when sort took it easy during say certain hours while you are trying to finish things up ?  or are the delays ect. just part of the deal that we need to get used to? hope i am making sense  ??? :-[ :-\
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    I seem to have lost all the new stuff...like the shout box...the calendar...all that along the page sides...WHAT ABOUT YOU ALL?<br />Plus, I'd have ask in chat..but where's that?
    on 1311796608:
    <br />I seem to have lost all the new stuff...like the shout box...the calendar...all that along the page sides...WHAT ABOUT YOU ALL?<br />Plus, I'd have ask in chat..but where's that?<br />
    <br /><br /><br />hi ford!  i think some of the stuff is disappearing and reappearing simply because souza  is still tweeking ( either that or she has gotten into magic  :) ) so it might go on for a while, maybe . that is my theory anyway. :D
    ok to all you wonderful helpfu people . does anyone know how to turn of notices on thread post, while leaving notices for messages intact?
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    on 1311817280:
    <br />ok to all you wonderful helpfu people . does anyone know how to turn of notices on thread post, while leaving notices for messages intact?<br />
    <br />Yes go to your profile page and notifications, uncheck the box and save.
    Any reason why Facebook videos won't embed? I tried the trick that was posted earlier with tweaking the link, but that didn't work. It is just a big white square on one of my posts.<br /><br />I love that all the smilies are back! Thank you!
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    on 1311817197:
    <br />
    on 1311796608:
    <br />I seem to have lost all the new stuff...like the shout box...the calendar...all that along the page sides...WHAT ABOUT YOU ALL?<br />Plus, I'd have ask in chat..but where's that?<br />
    <br /><br />hi ford!  i think some of the stuff is disappearing and reappearing simply because souza  is still tweeking ( either that or she has gotten into magic  :) ) so it might go on for a while, maybe . that is my theory anyway. :D<br />
    <br />I'm thinking maybe having all that stuff on the sides made each page load slower. You have to click at the top to get them now. If that is the reason, I think it's an improvement, because it was unbearably slow before, for me and not now! Thanks to Souza!<br />
This discussion has been closed.