No Copyright for Janet's Song and Katherines Book

Badgirl777Badgirl777 Posts: 81
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
I surch a little bit in the Copyright Catalog :
<!-- m -->http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebre ... PAGE=First<!-- m -->

Every song, every book or movie was registrated in the catalog before it comes to public.

I surch Jackson Janet...no song " Nothing "
I surch the song " Nothing " , not found in combination with Janet.

Then the new book from Katherine...her biografie from many years is there to find but not the new book " never can say good bye".

There are many registrations from last week, so it can't be to new for being find in the Catalog.

It's weird....

Comments

• ChristianaChristiana Posts: 626
    And also, getting a copyright is not a quick nor easy process. It can take well over a year to get a copyright. And just because it's not yet listed in the online catalog, doesn't really mean it doesn't have a copyright. Just means it's not in the catalog yet.
  • 2MuchMJLuv2MuchMJLuv Posts: 332
    Well, if she's blatantly stating that MJ is deceased in the book that isn't something that she should copyright.....especially if it isn't true. Once the book is released, the appropriate copyrights should be attached. Usually authors will secure that stake before releasing their work.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    "Never can say goodbye" IMHO is not Katherine's work and thus cannot be copywrited to her.

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • ChristianaChristiana Posts: 626
    Well, if she's blatantly stating that MJ is deceased in the book that isn't something that she should copyright.....especially if it isn't true. Once the book is released, the appropriate copyrights should be attached. Usually authors will secure that stake before releasing their work.

Well, something doesn't have to be true for it to be copyrighted. Fact and Fiction have equal rights to be copyrighted.
  • Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292
    It also does take a couple of months for the registration to come through on the records website.