Who first said MJ had died?

curlscurls Posts: 3,111
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Serious question - where did the idea that MJ had died originate?

We were told on the news here in the UK that he'd been taken to hospital, and very soon after reports said he'd died.

Ok, but the 911 call didn't say it was MJ, the paramedics didn't recognise it as MJ, the hospital staff don't seem to remember him being at hospital.

So my question, which may sound really simple, but I'm going back to the beginning and it's bothering me, is: who first suggested or reported that it was MJ that needed medical attention and ultimately died that day?

Comments

• CCCC Posts: 2,136
    TMZ 6 MINUTES BEFORE OF TIME OF DEAD ANNOUNCED BY JERMAINE
    2:20 TMZ ON LINE
    2:26 TIME OF DEAD BY JERMAINE AT UCLA PRESS CONFERENCE WITH THOME THOME...
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Thanks CC - I thought that was the case. I'm going to look back at how the news broke on TMZ and other places - something's really bugging me! I'm looking for 'sources'.
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    For me, it was the LA Times and then i turn it to CNN and Wolf Blitzer said he died way after. There's reports he was never brought back and there's reports he was alive and they revived him.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    I remember reading a scientist blog where it was written that CIA? or the other one, i forgot the name <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> , sent a repport from Russia minutes before people knew he was dead. According to that repport, MJ was hit in the heart by a bio weapon, stopping his heart 509649rk8itk3r9t.gif
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    as far as i know, like CC said, TMZ reported he "died" before he "died." from there, media outlets used TMZ as the source (because in this day and age, investigative reporting means copying someone else's news wire). that's why it's funny, (i believe) TMZ is in on the hoax and a "tabloid news company" is making all other "credible" news sources look like fools.
  • lisap27lisap27 Posts: 1,100
    as far as i know, like CC said, TMZ reported he "died" before he "died." from there, media outlets used TMZ as the source (because in this day and age, investigative reporting means copying someone else's news wire). that's why it's funny, (i believe) TMZ is in on the hoax and a "tabloid news company" is making all other "credible" news sources look like fools.

a perfect example is SKY NEWS in the UK.. they ride on the coat tails of TMZ an awful lot.. and they mention that they are their source.. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> giving them free publicity for the copying i suppose!! <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • mjj_fanmjj_fan Posts: 311
    If the time lapse between the press conference and any channel breaking news is more than 30 minutes only then it become significant in a sense like i said in one of my post the physicians/ medical staff are bound to resuscitate for atleast 45minutes unless someone labelled DNR ( means donot resusitate) considering that may be someone from media already heard or saw Michael wont make it as asystolic patient seems dead to layman ,if my memory serves me right i heard TMZ reporter screaming: he is not breathing '' when ambulance was leaving his home or another possibilty is Jackson family were making some preparation to hold a press conference sometime after doctors pronounced him dead and Tmz broke news before Jermaine , my two cents
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    CC, are you "Calms China"?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I've been observing you for awhile... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • I was home on my computer and all of a sudden this Big Red Box labeled "TMZ" popped up on my screen that said "MJ dead at 50". I was stunned as to how TMZ could provide a "pop-up" as I had never utilized their site on-line, did NOT subscribe to them, etc. I thought to myself: "this is a goofy waste of time celebrity gossip show - why are THEY breaking this news with a Pop-Up on my computer?" The time on my computer was 2:23 pm. I ran to turn on the TV and there was no mention whatsoever. (In my area the earliest newscast starts at 4 pm) I stayed in front of the TV expecting one of those "interrupting this program to bring you a Special Report" - but it Did Not Happen! Then the 4 pm News came on and NOTHING! So I started thinking, "oh - this is some publicity stunt by this goofy TMZ show". Finally when the 5 o'clock news came on they said MJ had been rushed to hospital in a Coma - and they continued with this Coma thing all through the news, til eventually they reported he had died of Cardiac Arrest. This is what made me think for a while it was a hoax. I mean it took the Mainstream News channels Forever to report this. (That is what initially peaked my suspicions!)
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Thanks guys, this is all helpful.
    CC, are you "Calms China"?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I've been observing you for awhile... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

what do you mean by "Calms China"?
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    JCC
    <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> "Joke Calms China" <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    Only people from the original website would know JCC!
    Only people from the original website would know JCC!

i was there but just before ends--- <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    that are the first letters of my name and last name LOL!
    Just testing waters..... Shhh... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->