Museum of Dance -- Making Room for MJ Tribute

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Museum of Dance -- Making Room for MJ Tribute
7/24/2010 12:15 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson won't just get a plaque when he's inducted into the Hall of Fame at the National Museum of Dance next month ... dude is getting an entire garden -- thanks to a band of passionate fans.

0723-micahel-jackson-garden-getty-ex.jpg

TMZ has learned museum officials have agreed to make space for a permanent garden to honor the late icon -- after an MJ fan group informed employees that an influx of flowers would be headed their way on the day MJ will be enshrined.

So, instead of just letting the flowers die ... the museum's honchos -- along with a local florist -- decided to construct a permanent garden in MJ's honor on the museum's grounds.

There's a tiny catch -- the MJ fan group is gonna have to foot the bill for the garden -- and the size of the garden will be determined by how much cash they raise.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/23/michael-j ... ce-museum/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    [youtube:8cbtbatx]

The translation:

[youtube:8cbtbatx]

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• 0723-micahel-jackson-garden-getty-ex.jpg

Welcome to De Keukenhof Mike! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

[youtube:nghi4v6r]
    It's a major clue from TMZ, the pic is recent! Keukenhof 2010:

Keukenhof.jpg

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Excellent !
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    There are a lot of rabbits around the castle there..... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    Hahaha <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    Keukenhof.
    Each time we go to the media the flowers flourish...

"and the size of the garden will be determined by how much cash they raise. "

I'm sure it means something. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

• Synonyms for cash:

Main Entry: cash
    Part of Speech: verb
    Definition: exchange for real money
    Synonyms: acknowledge, break a bill, change, discharge, draw, honor, liquidate, make change, pay, realize, redeem.

<!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • newoldfannewoldfan Posts: 153
    I'm pretty sure this is connected to the ElvisandMJ.com media rally in some way.....

"after an MJ fan group informed employees that an influx of flowers would be headed their way "

= MJDHI (based in the Netherlands <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ).....influx of emails will be headed the media way

"the MJ fan group is gonna have to foot the bill for the garden -- and the size of the garden will be determined by how much cash they raise"

= the outcome will depend on how much media awareness they raise

Also, has anyone clicked on the phrase 'how much cash they raise' which is marked in blue. I did and I am
    getting a new page with just the words 'Fatal Failure'! Is that another clue or just a web error???

I could be way off here but just thought I would share it with you!
    I'm pretty sure this is connected to the ElvisandMJ.com media rally in some way.....

"after an MJ fan group informed employees that an influx of flowers would be headed their way "

= MJDHI (based in the Netherlands <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ).....influx of emails will be headed the media way

"the MJ fan group is gonna have to foot the bill for the garden -- and the size of the garden will be determined by how much cash they raise"

Also, has anyone clicked on the phrase 'how much cash they raise' which is marked in blue. I did and I am
    getting a new page with just the words 'Fatal Failure'! Is that another clue or just a web error???

I get the fatal error as well, it's linked to a paypayl page <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Maybe because we don't have the media's attention yet? Let's see if that will change into a picture of some tulips if someone reports about it <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Well Harve dear, you got the tweet as well... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

• curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    I like your thinking, newoldfan! I only got as far as thinking 'cash they raise' could mean 'interest they raise', but your ideas about 'influx of emails' and the Netherlands connection are certainly interesting!

BTW, I got the 'fatal error' thing too.
    Maybe they are saying that if we get enough media attention, elvisandmj.com will earn a permanent place on the blogroll, like this website?

Museum of dance... If you search Thesaurus for synonyms, it could also say: Archive of masquerade (TMZ?). We know they have their own (sun)flower guy.

Back to my straight jacket for a couple of hours... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    what? ... Harvey where you thought that idea?....or Michael? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    and the size of the garden will be determined by how much cash they raise.

could be, and media attention will be proportional to the number of fans to join this cause ... I think we have much work in the coming days <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I get the fatal error as well, it's linked to a paypayl page <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Maybe because we don't have the media's attention yet? Let's see if that will change into a picture of some tulips if someone reports about it <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Ha, I hadn't noticed it was a paypal page! Somebody posted a comment below the TMZ article "Well TMZ, if you want fans to donate, fix the PayPal link!!!" I really don't think that the link is for donating cash! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Who is the supposed MJ fan group anyway?

Btw, does this mean you and Mo are the Tulips from Amsterdam? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

My head's hurting.........
  • I'm pretty sure this is connected to the ElvisandMJ.com media rally in some way.....

Ha, I hadn't noticed it was a paypal page! Somebody posted a comment below the TMZ article "Well TMZ, if you want fans to donate, fix the PayPal link!!!" I really don't think that the link is for donating cash! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Who is the supposed MJ fan group anyway?

Btw, does this mean you and Mo are the Tulips from Amsterdam? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I agree - I don't think it's intended to actual donation. But, if they do fix the link I'd be open to giving just to call their bluff and see what happens. I was getting kind of worried about TMZ's lack of information recently. I'm glad they are back on it.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Is it a normal website occurence for the words 'Fatal Failure' to come up like this, or has it just been put there for our 'benefit'? I've never come across it before, that's all, and it sounds pretty dramatic!
    I've emailed the National Museum of Dance to enquire about the garden and where to send donations. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I don't expect a reply but it's worth a go......I'll keep you posted!

@curls, I haven't seen that before. Using the word 'Fatal' in a web page error context does seem very odd though!
  • lynnandsofeelynnandsofee Posts: 243
    Fatal Failure....as in FATAL CARDIAC ARREST <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    Im thinking..my backyard looks kind of crap and ehm..
    If i dedicate it to Michael Jackson will you send me some bucks? <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • I'm pretty sure this is connected to the ElvisandMJ.com media rally in some way.....

I agree - I don't think it's intended to be an actual donation. But, if they do fix the link I'd be open to giving just to call their bluff and see what happens. I was getting kind of worried about TMZ's lack of information recently. I'm glad they are back on it.
  • I've emailed the National Museum of Dance to enquire about the garden and where to send donations. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I don't expect a reply but it's worth a go......I'll keep you posted!

@curls, I haven't seen that before. Using the word 'Fatal' in a web page error context does seem very odd though!

Great idea - thank you! Please, do keep us posted newoldfan. I think that error message was a sign. It is really strange and it's still there, by the way, so TMZ hasn't fixed it. the link wasn't intended to give us a link because that would have gotten TMZ into trouble since there probably is no donation being set up. If this is a joke by TMZ (Fatal Error) - it's done in really poor taste.
  • TMZ_micahel.jpg

<!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Micahel...hmmm when I pronounce it it's like I'm saying Michael in french... <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • Is it a normal website occurence for the words 'Fatal Failure' to come up like this, or has it just been put there for our 'benefit'? I've never come across it before, that's all, and it sounds pretty dramatic!

Usually, "fatal error" is more common, but "fatal failure" is specific to PayPal X Developer and similar software. However, the message reminded me of the following quote:

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    Winston Churchill (British Orator, Author and Prime Minister during World War II. 1874-1965)

LOVE,
    Andy