It's All Good For Michael Jackson

trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
edited January 1970 in News
It's All Good For Michael Jackson
8 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson would be smiling today ... if circumstances were different, of course, because a judge just dismissed a $300 million lawsuit that had been filed against him.

0819-mj-allgood-ex.jpg

A federal judge in New York just dismissed a lawsuit filed by AllGood Entertainment, claiming Michael had agreed through an agent to perform several Jackson family reunion concerts in Indiana before going on the road with any other show.

AllGood claimed ... by agreeing to do the London concerts, Jackson breached his agreement with AllGood.

The federal judge ruled today ... Jackson's agent -- Frank Dileo -- merely struck the deal with AllGood in principle, that couldn't become binding without the sign-offs of MJ and his brothers. The judge also said the deal was just too sketchy to be enforceable.

The case had been partially dismissed last month. Now it's officially history.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Michael Jackson Estate, tells TMZ, "This case never had any merit and the claim was frivolous from day one."

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/19/michael-j ... on-estate/<!-- m -->

Comments

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Thank you whoever put the image there... I am so lame! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

By the way I really like the title of this one <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Thank you whoever put the image there... I am so lame! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

You're welcome. Actually it's very simple to insert an image, but you just need to know how to do it. Right click the image and select "copy image location". Put the [ img ][ /img ] in your post and paste the link in between img tags. That's all!
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Thank you whoever put the image there... I am so lame! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

You're welcome. Actually it's very simple to insert an image, but you just need to know how to do it. Right click the image and select "copy image location". Put the [ img ][ /img ] in your post and paste the link in between img tags. That's all!

Thanks Mo! Will note for future <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • I'm so happy the judge did this. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    it looks like more crap is getting cleared out of the way for michael's return. when he comes back people can't argue because he has taken care of all the greedy people
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    A I also like the title, and I'm happy that Michael is smiling today <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
    Michael Jackson would be smiling today ... if circumstances were different, of course

lol nice 'save', TMZ!
  • Michael Jackson would be smiling today ... if circumstances were different, of course

lol nice 'save', TMZ!

I love their chose of words. The first thing that I noticed besides the title was " ... if circumstances were different, of course." Circumstances being that he's in hiding, not that he's dead. I also liked how they stated that the lawsuit was filed against him and not the estate. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Also, didn't TS say something about looking for dots (....) in TMZ articles that are in places where they aren't really needed, like they were just kind of thrown in there? Or did I just make that up?
  • "This case never had any merit and the claim was frivolous from day one."

Just like Michael's "death" <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    This post really made me smile, not just the title but the first sentence. Again, TMZ dropping hints. I thought they had cooled their heels with this for a while but it looks like it is back on.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    "Now it's officially history." Nice. HIStory? I think so!
  • JudeJude Posts: 452

Is there another way, because when I right click on the image, I don;t have the copy image location option, I just have copy. And that don't work.
  • Thank you whoever put the image there... I am so lame! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

Is there another way, because when I right click on the image, I don;t have the copy image location option, I just have copy. And that don't work.

Then it's about time for a new browser...
  • JudeJude Posts: 452

such as?

I'm running the latest version of windows. Explorer 8
  • Well now that's yet another interesting contradiction! LOL! The Allgood Contract was for ONE SHOW and it was to be at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas, on July 3, 2010! NOT in INDIANA!

We love you, Mike! And YES, we will be there! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    "This case never had any merit and the claim was frivolous from day one."

Perhaps "day one" is June 25, 2009. Meaning if anyone was paying close attention to the differing reported events from that day, they would realize that Michael is still alive, that everything with him is "All Good".
  • Also, didn't TS say something about looking for dots (....) in TMZ articles that are in places where they aren't really needed, like they were just kind of thrown in there? Or did I just make that up?

You make an excellent point. I didn't notice that until you brought that up. I thought connecting the dots didn't mean literally but you could be right. Thanks! I like this too - it's about time that Michael come out on top of these ridiculous lawsuits.
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    Well now that's yet another interesting contradiction! LOL! The Allgood Contract was for ONE SHOW and it was to be at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas, on July 3, 2010! NOT in INDIANA!

We love you, Mike! And YES, we will be there! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Good catch!!

<!-- m -->http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/mic ... 2101.story<!-- m -->

Michael Jackson Concerts May Face Legal Challenge
    May 12, 2009 8:45 EDT

A music promoter plans to sue to block Michael Jackson from performing in London this year, claiming that a contract signed by the "king of pop" prevents him from giving a concert until July 2010, the head of the promotion company said on Monday.

New Jersey-based AllGood Entertainment Inc contends it signed an agreement in November with Jackson's manager, Frank DeLeo, committing the singer to perform in July 2010 along with his brothers from the Jackson Five and sister Janet Jackson.

Under the agreement, Michael Jackson cannot give another concert until that Jackson Family reunion show, said Patrick Allocco, managing partner at AllGood Entertainment.

AllGood Entertainment sent a cease and desist letter to Jackson in March warning him not to perform a series of 50 shows in London's 02 Arena with concert promoter AEG that are scheduled to begin in July, Allocco said.

Representatives for Jackson and AEG did not return calls.

Allocco said his company's plans to sue in federal court come after failed attempts to negotiate with Jackson and reach a deal to allow the London shows to go ahead.

"As of right now we've gotten zero cooperation from anyone, Frank DeLeo refuses to honor our agreement and that's why we're filing a lawsuit by week's end," Allocco said.

AllGood Entertainment said that its one-time concert featuring Michael Jackson is scheduled for July 3, 2010, at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas. The concert would be available as a pay-per-view event over the Internet, Allocco said.

Jackson could make up to $30 million for the show, Allocco said.

"Thirty million for one show is unheard of, that's why we're so frustrated," he said. "Frank DeLeo is standing in our way. AEG has been constantly frustrating our ability to get this show."

Jackson's series of concerts in London also have been touted as unprecedented. AEG has said that, all together, the shows will gather the biggest audience ever to see an artist in one city.
  • Well now that's yet another interesting contradiction! LOL! The Allgood Contract was for ONE SHOW and it was to be at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas, on July 3, 2010! NOT in INDIANA!

Good catch!!

<!-- m -->http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/mic ... 2101.story<!-- m -->

Michael Jackson Concerts May Face Legal Challenge
    May 12, 2009 8:45 EDT

A music promoter plans to sue to block Michael Jackson from performing in London this year, claiming that a contract signed by the "king of pop" prevents him from giving a concert until July 2010, the head of the promotion company said on Monday.

New Jersey-based AllGood Entertainment Inc contends it signed an agreement in November with Jackson's manager, Frank DeLeo, committing the singer to perform in July 2010 along with his brothers from the Jackson Five and sister Janet Jackson.

Under the agreement, Michael Jackson cannot give another concert until that Jackson Family reunion show, said Patrick Allocco, managing partner at AllGood Entertainment.

AllGood Entertainment sent a cease and desist letter to Jackson in March warning him not to perform a series of 50 shows in London's 02 Arena with concert promoter AEG that are scheduled to begin in July, Allocco said.

Representatives for Jackson and AEG did not return calls.

Allocco said his company's plans to sue in federal court come after failed attempts to negotiate with Jackson and reach a deal to allow the London shows to go ahead.

"As of right now we've gotten zero cooperation from anyone, Frank DeLeo refuses to honor our agreement and that's why we're filing a lawsuit by week's end," Allocco said.

AllGood Entertainment said that its one-time concert featuring Michael Jackson is scheduled for July 3, 2010, at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas. The concert would be available as a pay-per-view event over the Internet, Allocco said.

Jackson could make up to $30 million for the show, Allocco said.

"Thirty million for one show is unheard of, that's why we're so frustrated," he said. "Frank DeLeo is standing in our way. AEG has been constantly frustrating our ability to get this show."

Jackson's series of concerts in London also have been touted as unprecedented. AEG has said that, all together, the shows will gather the biggest audience ever to see an artist in one city.

You guys are awesome! Way to go for catching that. This PROVES that TMZ is making up stories. JUST LIKE THE MEDIA HAS MADE UP STORIES ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON HIS ENTIRE LIFE!

Michael is probably writing them himself to see if ANYONE'S nose's are still working well enough to SMELL the BS! Since the public seemed to have no minds of their own over the years and would believe anything they were fed.

This is so entertaining. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
    I always love your posts, Jaci.....you have a voice of wisdom that belies your years!

This is one more legal obstacle that has been washed away by the "death" of Michael Jackson....The Man is so brilliant.....it continues to astound!

This whole thing is akin to the most incredible screenplay ever written....Michael, if you ever read this forum...my hat is off to you, once again! How did you know possibly how this would all play out? You must be an incredible chess player!
  • I always love your posts, Jaci.....you have a voice of wisdom that belies your years!

Aww, thank you!
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
    Hey Jaci...just curious...any progress with your song about Michael?

Peace,
    Heisinme09
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    This is probably silly, but when looking at MJ's glasses it looks like 2 men are his eyes, watching out for him, right on his pupils. Michael has his eyes, ears, back all working for him, protecting him, informing him, etc.
  • VictorVictor Posts: 582

such as?

I'm running the latest version of windows. Explorer 8
    Try Firefox Here