Jackson Executors: How We Turned it Around

edited January 1970 in News
11 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

The executors in the Michael Jackson estate have just filed legal docs explaining how they turned chaos and financial ruin into a booming, postmortem business.

0923-michael-doc-launch-ex.jpg
View docs: <!-- m -->http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tm ... ichael.pdf<!-- m -->

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Jackson owed 10's of millions of bucks at the time he died. We've previously reported how the Jackson family was about to lose their home in Encino and Jackson was on the brink of going belly up.

Executors John Branca and John McClain turned things around in a big way, for two primary reasons. First, they restructured all of his debts and got creditors to significantly lower killer interest rates.

Secondly, the executors went full bore to generate revenue -- and the brass ring was the movie, "This Is It." According to the docs, the flick grossed $260,000,000, the most lucrative documentary in history.

As for the album, "This Is It," it sold 5 million copies, making it the 3rd biggest album in 2009.

As for other deals, the executors:

-- Republished the "Moonwalk" book
-- Made mega-merchandising agreements for all things Jacko
-- Distributed a leather-bound, coffee table book on the life of MJ
-- Renegotiated MJ's royalty agreements with record label

But there were lots of legal fees that were incurred to make the estate money -- more than $3.8 million since Jacko's death.

The Estate also notes what we've already reported -- that they paid off the Jackson family home in Encino, bought Katherine Jackson a car and did lots of other stuff for the family.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/23/michael-j ... rn-around/<!-- m -->

Comments

• There we clearly see 'Michael JOSEPH Jackson' again, when TMZ confirmed to us that his middle name is JOE! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"..and did lots of other stuff for the family", LOL. Wonder what other 'stuff' was done? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Cant' believe they've said 'jacko' again...
    Another story on TMZ just now but I can't post...

Can someone post it? My computer is being silly and wont let me
  • "what goes around comes around"

Michael Joe Jackson's good work in the name of the King of Pop and Michael Joseph Jackson, LTD ( <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> ) will always turn up prosperous. Michael is a good and generous man.
    He continues to reap the good that he has sown.

He does "everything good, better than anyone. better than anyone."

[youtube:179q4xlu]
  • According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Jackson owed 10's of millions of bucks at the time he died.

Okay, I have only one question:

If Mike had SOOOO many debts, then how come we never heard anything about the IRS banging on his door..?
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    Mo,
    I've asked myself that question a million times. I'm glad you brought it up. Wesley Snipes made me think about that. Michael Jackson has never been mentioned as having tax issues.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I do not think that Michael was broken or anything like it. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    Harvey you are right, died Jacko <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I do not think that Michael was broken or anything like it. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    Harvey you are right, died Jacko <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Great way to look at that!
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    This from Wiki has always puzzled me. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> There's just no way. Didn't he sell 100 million of just Thriller?
    Lifetime earnings
    His total lifetime earnings from royalties on his solo recordings and music videos, revenue from concerts and endorsements have been estimated at $500 million; some analysts have speculated that his music catalog holdings could be worth billions of dollars.[81][315] This speculation however is contradicted by financial documents obtained by the Associated Press, which showed that as of March 31, 2007, Jackson's 50 percent stake in the Sony/ATV Music Publishing catalog (his most prized asset) was worth $390.6 million and Michael Jackson's net worth was $236 million.[316] Billboard has estimated that Jackson has generated at least $1 billion in revenue in the year following his death.[317]
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864

JE - French "me, I"
    JE - Just an Editor
    JE - "JE source"
    JE is a hypothetical intermediate source text of the Torah postulated by the DH. It is a combination and redaction of the Jahwist (J) and Elohist (E) source texts. According to this hypothesis, J was composed c. 950 BC, E was composed c. 850 BC, and the two were combined into JE c. 750 BC. JE was combined into the Torah c. 400 BC.
    [...]

Nature of the JE source
    The JE source is believed to make up parts of Genesis, Exodus, and Numbers. It is primarily identified as different from the Priestly source (P) in those texts and uses an older form of Hebrew.

JE treats God as a human-like figure, capable of regret, and appearing in person at events. JE makes use of supernatural creatures such as angels as intermediaries, as well as mystical talking creatures, and supernatural objects to display purity and evil combined. In JE, God is shown as merciful and capable of being persuaded to change his mind.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JE

HWTA - "How would Tarzan answer"
    e.g.
    Kerchak: You came back.
    Tarzan: I came home.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120855/quotes
  • Does that means that he is 'safer' for when he comes back?

Also, could it be considered a crime if MJ pay his debts with the money he got after the 'death'?
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    The picture says "Michael Joseph Jackson , deceased "

TMZ & LaToya have confirmed his middle name is Joe! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I personally like the past tense used in the title. How We TURNED it Around not How We Are Going to Turn in Around or not How We Are Turning it Around.

Makes me think that this portion is wrapping up..... PLEASE GOD LET THIS HOAX BE WRAPPING UP!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • The picture says "Michael Joseph Jackson , deceased "

TMZ & LaToya have confirmed his middle name is Joe! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Exactly. I can't believe more people aren't catching on to that! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Makes me think that this portion is wrapping up..... PLEASE GOD LET THIS HOAX BE WRAPPING UP!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Agreed! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Like with the Joacquin Phoenix hoax.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Cant' believe they've said 'jacko' again...

They haven't called Michael "Jacko" since before June 25/09....

Maybe "Jacko" is coming Backo!!

• Oh looki looki, here's the answer to my question about Katherine listed as the kid's Guardian ad Litem instead of the kid's Guardian of the Persons in her Complaint for Damages, in Murray's Motion to Dismiss and in Joe's Wrongful Death Suit. Page 6 of the court document:

guardians.jpg

See <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14207&p=237062&hilit=guardian+ad+litem#p236947<!-- l -->

Thanks Harv!!

• Oh looki looki, here's the answer to my question about Katherine listed as the kid's Guardian ad Litem instead of the kid's Guardian of the Persons in her Complaint for Damages, in Murray's Motion to Dismiss and in Joe's Wrongful Death Suit. Page 6 of the court document:

guardians.jpg

See <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14207&p=237062&hilit=guardian+ad+litem#p236947<!-- l -->

Thanks Harv!!

Interesting - thanks for posting! So many loopholes conveniently placed but ever so slight that someone not looking would easily overlook it. Hmm...
    Yes, and the fact LaToya has stated his real name is Michael Joe Jackson.
  • According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Jackson owed 10's of millions of bucks at the time he died.

If Mike had SOOOO many debts, then how come we never heard anything about the IRS banging on his door..?

10's of millions? I thought it was 100's of millions?
  • Great question and one that has been overlooked for years. Lesser known celebrities are hauled into court and ultimately to jail for piling on much less debt. You would think that MJ would have been the big fish that they would have loved to catch in such a scandal. There is no IRS news even now with millions pouring in. When's the next chat with Uncle Harvey. I would be interested in his reply and body language when he hears the three letters I-R-S. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Jackson owed 10's of millions of bucks at the time he died.

guardians.jpg

Thanks Harv!!

Interesting - thanks for posting! So many loopholes conveniently placed but ever so slight that someone not looking would easily overlook it. Hmm...

An extra confirmation of Margaret G Lodise being the Guardian Ad Litem for the kids on page 16:

guardians_2.jpg
  • Hey Mo...perhaps this is me being slow again... but who is Margaret?
  • Great question and one that has been overlooked for years. Lesser known celebrities are hauled into court and ultimately to jail for piling on much less debt. You would think that MJ would have been the big fish that they would have loved to catch in such a scandal. There is no IRS news even now with millions pouring in. When's the next chat with Uncle Harvey. I would be interested in his reply and body language when he hears the three letters I-R-S. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I posted the question on TMZ. Now let's see if Uncle Harv is going to ignore me again, or if he's gonna be kind to me today and answer my Q...
    According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Jackson owed 10's of millions of bucks at the time he died.