Bahrain Company Didn't Get Memo On MJ's Death

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News

41 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Not that we're trying to flatter ourselves, but don't people in Bahrain get TMZ?

1119-mj-ex-tmz-02-credit.jpg

AQ Business Consultants has filed a petition in the Michael Jackson Estate case, asking the judge for permission to belatedly file a creditor's claim, on grounds it didn't know there was a time limit in asking for money.

AQ claims it helped Michael refinance $320,000,000 in loans, for which it was entitled to a $3.2 million fee. AQ claims it's still owed $1.2 mil.

The deadline for filing a claim has passed, but AQ claims it didn't get proper notice.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Estate, tells TMZ, "I don't believe the claim has any merit but they're late in filing regardless."

But here's the thing ... TMZ is big in Bahrain, so what's the deal?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• I don't understand how a claim for money is related to MJ being dead or alive, and the article doesn't explain. I think such a claim can be brought against the estate (if the debtor has died), and the deadline has to do with something other than the debtor passing away.
  • Oh WOW! We were just talking about Bahrain here on the forum. This is sooo obvious!! I really think that's where Mike is. Not that it matters much where he is. But could this be a message to us that we are right?? That it will not be possible for him to be charged with anything because he's in Bahrain? Bahrain (company) didn't get the memo on MJ's Death = Bahrain knows MJ's not dead because he's living there. Hmmm. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Interesting that TMZ thinks everybody should get their MJ news from them! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> And the title doesn't really relate to the article because the article is just how the company didn't know about the time limit - not that the company didn't know of MJ's "death". A title for the non-believers to ponder...

So what's the deal? You tell us TMZ! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Video by Serenity! This is what I instantly thought of when I saw Bahrain.

[youtube:40pg4804]
  • Here's some info on that company, AQ Business Consultants:
    <!-- m -->http://www.moic2.gov.bh/eInvestor.Web/W ... sp=2&inq=1<!-- m -->

Commercial Registration Number: 59320-1
    Application Number: 36437

Date of registration: 21/01/2006
    Expiry date: 21/01/2010

The company is owned by Ahmed Mohamed Abdulla Alkhan (50%) and Hatim Qays Hatim Alzubi (50%).
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126

The deadline for filing a claim has passed, but AQ claims it didn't get proper notice.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Estate, tells TMZ, "I don't believe the claim has any merit but they're late in filing regardless."

But here's the thing ... TMZ is big in Bahrain, so what's the deal?

The deal is that apparently MJ forgot to send them the memo that the greatest show on earth has just begun. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    Didn't Prince mention in Oprah's interview that he liked taking walks along the beaches in Bahrain with his dad?
    "Not that we're trying to flatter ourselves".... TMZ, you want a pat on the back for telling the world MJ "died" and have been leaving clues everywhere since to show that's not true? And for being a part of the biggest hoax in history? Ok then. *pat pat* <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Hmmmm a mention of Bahrain and MJ and money. Makes me think back to the 0-2 concerts and the agreement made between MJ's lawyers and the Bahrain prince. This could get very interesting and prove a theory.
  • TarjaTarja Posts: 645
    I was reading this article and I was like "Goddamnit where did I hear about Bahrein recently?! Who talked about Bahrein?". I just found: Prince when he was on Oprah.

Did anyone remember he talked about Bahrein? And he just seemed like he didn't say anything besides "Bahrein. Snickers, Skittles". That wasn't even a sentence. They were just names dropped in and mission ended. I said since the very beginning that he was extremelly unnatural, like he knew he had to say some brands, a place and that's all he did. He looked like he was in a hurry to say what he had to say and thought to get it over with as simple as possible. For me, analyzing them, Prince really doesn't know how to lie, he looks so naive. Paris really has good skills and she almost looks proffesional for her age. She was extremelly sure of herself and talked about a favourite memory, thought about it. Prince....

He didn't even think about the memory. The favourite memory came into his mind in a blink of an eye and that's another thing which I found very strange. To recall a favourite memory takes at least a few minutes and he didn't even wait for Oprah to end her question and answered:
    OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): What is your favorite memory of your father?
    PARIS JACKSON: That's really hard.
    OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): I'll let you think about it while I ask you the same question, your
    favorite memory.
    PRINCE JACKSON: When we were on Bahrain, we used to wake up early and walk the beach.
    OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): When you were in Bahrain?
    PRINCE JACKSON: With a Coke.
    OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): Yeah?
    PRINCE JACKSON: Yeah, Coca-Cola and Skittles or Snickers.
  • Interesting. Bahrain has no extradition treaty with the U.S.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Interesting. Bahrain has no extradition treaty with the U.S.
    Aha...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• BAM, Ladies & Gentlemen? 2 days before the release of VISION? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    They didn't get notified cus MJ is not dead he's probably living there <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403

And one can fake death and don´t get punished for it <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • OMG how freakin awesome is that <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Michael is simply sizzling <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Letting it bathe in the moonlight. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    English Standard Version (©2001)
    The gatekeepers, Akkub, Talmon and their brothers, who kept watch at the gates, were 172.

<!-- m -->http://bible.cc/nehemiah/11-19.htm<!-- m -->

I am not sure which bible passage to look at.

Aaahhh this makes some good sense! It's quite reasonable to think that one of the places MJ's been hiding out in is Bahrain. And Jermaine wore a shirt on the Jackson family dynasty show that said very prominently "BAHRAIN". Maybe that's where Michael flew to when he had gone to the airport....er, hospital. And he spent so much time there in recent years - planning the last details perhaps and getting his situation set up.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Rita Hayworth wrote:
    <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Now I remember a picture, think of Jermaine with a shirt that said Bahrain <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    How do we know for sure that you can fake your death in Bahrein without being punished?Probably it goes for US too if you don't fake your death to avoid taxes or something of this sort.

Aaahhh this makes some good sense! It's quite reasonable to think that one of the places MJ's been hiding out in is Bahrain. And Jermaine wore a shirt on the Jackson family dynasty show that said very prominently "BAHRAIN". Maybe that's where Michael flew to when he had gone to the airport....er, hospital. And he spent so much time there in recent years - planning the last details perhaps and getting his situation set up.

what I meant is that if MJ comes back and he does it in Bahrain, he will not be extradited. He can´t come back in USA, but he could in Bahrain or some country in South America.
    How do we know for sure that you can fake your death in Bahrein without being punished?Probably it goes for US too if you don't fake your death to avoid taxes or something of this sort.

what I meant is that if MJ comes back and he does it in Bahrain, he will not be extradited. He can´t come back in USA, but he could in Bahrain or some country in South America.
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739

but doesn't count that he is a US resident? I mean I don't know how are the things there but if you are French and go to Brazil you'll still be a French on documents and under French laws. I am not sure but I think it's like this.
  • Wonder how often Janet visits when she's there? <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Seen in the Scene: Janet Jackson w/Her Billionaire Boo, Al Mana Wassam and Who is this Dude Anyway?

Published on September, 24 2010 by Unlimited Whispers leave a comment

Well, who is this Al Mana Wassam anyway. I was able to gather a very small amount of information. Here’s what I think I know so far: 35-year-old billionaire Qatari businessman. Wissam is director of Al Mana Retail, a shareholder in Saks Fifth Avenue stores in Dubai, Doha, Bahrain and Kuwait
  • This is why extradition is important.
    IF there is any crime for hoaxing his death, the death hoax was committed in the US. Bahrain has no reason to try him for any type of crime since it was supposedly commited in the US. But they have no treaty with the US to send any criminal back to the US for a crime that was committed in the US. Bahrain is not the only country with no extradition treaty. If Thome is connected with Bahrain, it would kind of connect the dots who assisted him and who is protecting him. It does make me wonder if AEG is not involved in the hoax in anyway.