Michael Jackson memories: Pop stars using MJ to boost talent

edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson's name over the past week has been thrown around like a shield of glory by entertainers. First, it was Justin Bieber who brought up MJ's memory at the American Music Awards. Saying that the King of Pop made music was it is today, we couldn't have agreed more.

Today Beyonce is claiming Michael Jackson is the big part of inspiration of her latest album. While she isn't a young pop star anymore it begs to ask the question, is Michael Jackson't memory being used in vain solely to sell albums? Beyonce could be a performer in her own right when it comes to selling her new album, letting the music speak for herself. Using MJ's name is an advertising ploy and it is really pathetic.

It is so disappointing this legend is being used for the purpose of making cash. Beyonce is the latest entertainer who has lined up professing love for the entertainer and claiming influence for a new album so conveniently on the shelves. The great entertainer has passed on and fans are so desperate to buy anything to do with Michael Jackson that anything that remotely 'swirls' around his legacy will be purchased. Isn't it obvious fans are being captured by this desperation?

For a young entertainer like Bieber to recognize Jackson in a way that doesn't imply any record sales is honorable. For others use throw his name out to get a few more bucks is deplorable. Their albums aren't really creations of Michael Jackson nor will the work ever be. In the end there is only one Michael Jackson. The rest are just lame entertainers who know that attaching his name has some serious value.

<!-- m -->http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-headl ... lbum-sales<!-- m -->

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing but where were some of the people when MJ needed help. I feel happy that they are talking about him but some of them are just using his name for their own benefit... with Michael there is no shortage on vultures. Also remember that doco with Aphrodite about the trial and Tom Mesereau said those celebrities who had talked so much about him and claim to be his friend now, declined to help MJ during the trial.

Comments

• 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    For a young entertainer like Bieber to recognize Jackson in a way that doesn't imply any record sales is honorable. For others use throw his name out to get a few more bucks is deplorable. Their albums aren't really creations of Michael Jackson nor will the work ever be. In the end there is only one Michael Jackson. The rest are just lame entertainers who know that attaching his name has some serious value.

Just wondering if this is a part of a bigger picture, a hidden agenda..the fight against the illuminati and NWO.

Maybe all these artists are actually involved in this hidden agenda, and by using MJ's name, they are actually letting us know they are on MJ's side and are secretly preparing to stand up to the ugly forces controlling the music industry...

Thats how I see MJ....as an inspiration, and warrior and a fighter. Maybe this is their way of letting us know this.... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Considering this is coming from the examiner, I am surprised at what I am about to say. This article makes a lot of sense and I do believe that a lot of the "Michael Love" from other celebrities has been to promote themselves. Like the article points out, when it was "risky" to support Michael during his time of need, so many of his so called friends and supporters turned their backs on him. Now that he is being seen in a better light again, suddenly he is the most inspiring person in some people's lives. Ummm...
  • Red_RoseRed_Rose Posts: 223
    This is so true!!!!
    Why all this artists didn't support Michael when he was in suffering?? <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> Oh right... they are so fake and greedy
  • So true! its like if I say something about MJ being my hero I'll have a lot more fans and supporters which equals to more money!
    and when its risky to say that I'll stay away becase it will hurt my career which equals to less money! thats how these people think and Im really getting over it!
    I can only respect the ones that are honest wether they see MJ as an inspiration or not! many artists stayed true and woked with MJ after the trial and always showed their admiration to the KING! but for the majority its all a game! the game of making money!