Akon considers 'burning' his Michael Jackson tapes

darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
edited January 1970 in News
<!-- m -->http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/289391/ak ... kson-tapes<!-- m -->

Akon considers 'burning' his Michael Jackson tapes

November 25, 2010, 12:16pm
Akon has a stash of recordings he made with the late Michael Jackson, but he’s threatened to “burn” the tapes because he doesn’t want to release any music which was left “unfinished.”

The R&B star’s duet with the “Thriller” hit-maker, “Hold My Hand,” is set to become the first single from Jackson’s upcoming posthumous album “Michael.”

Akon admits he has plenty of other recordings they made together, but he doesn’t want to hang on to them in case he is tempted to rework them – because his idol wouldn’t have wanted him to release incomplete tracks.

He tells MTV.com, “Me and Mike worked on a lot of concepts before he passed. ‘Hold My Hand’ was one of the records that were actually fully complete – the rest of the records are incomplete. They’re just ideas, concepts, harmonies and stuff like that which the world will probably never see because I wouldn’t want to put it out unfinished – so I might just burn it after this interview, ‘coz I might just get tempted to do a remix!”

“I know at the end of the day if it wasn’t fully complete, I don’t think he would see it released that way. I probably wouldn’t ever put myself in a position to make that choice.” (starpulse.com)

Comments

• Straight jacket, please... Quick...
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    "Just let it burn..." <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Oi Akon- don't burn them, send them my way <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    "Everything burns!" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • no akon fellow believer, dont burn them, just hold on to them you might be able to finish them one day <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MJ has backup copies, nothing worry about.
  • drama
  • becca26becca26 Posts: 789
    MJ has backup copies, nothing worry about.

Wait till a report comes out from TMZ...."Akon burns tapes so where did the tapes come from on youtube being leaked"? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> LOL
  • robdrobd Posts: 106
    This could be a message from Michael!

Akon appears to be a true friend to MJ and would never release unfinished work purely to make money off MJ's name. On the other hand Sony would, with all the controversy surrounding 'breaking news' and some saying only 40-50% is actually MJ's vocals with the rest made up from impersonators, Sony appear happy to sell this and make money off even bits of MJ vocals and unfinished material.

Is Michael exposing who are his true friends and who are not from all of this?
  • This could be a message from Michael!

Akon appears to be a true friend to MJ and would never release unfinished work purely to make money off MJ's name. On the other hand Sony would, with all the controversy surrounding 'breaking news' and some saying only 40-50% is actually MJ's vocals with the rest made up from impersonators, Sony appear happy to sell this and make money off even bits of MJ vocals and unfinished material.

Is Michael exposing who are his true friends and who are not from all of this?

yes! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->