The Dumbing Down of America

InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
Book written by Former Senior Policy Member of U. S. Department of Education under Ronald Reagan Administration.

This is very interesting. She tells it all.

If you can download go to site:

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vhrxy0I ... re=related<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/Mo ... oA.sml.pdf<!-- m -->
Here is her book! Free!! pass it on!!!

Comments

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    Thank you! I will download this later!

I think the whole world is being dumbed down. In terms of education, in terms of the creative arts and in terms of the medication we are being encouraged to take.
  • Thank you! I will download this later!

I think the whole world is being dumbed down. In terms of education, in terms of the creative arts and in terms of the medication we are being encouraged to take.

You better tell the truth. The more meds the more we become their airheads. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

You better tell the truth. The more meds the more we become their airheads. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

I am telling the truth lol I don't understand your comment <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I think it's my English <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

I am telling the truth lol I don't understand your comment <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I think it's my English <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

Sorry, I was saying that to say that I am in agreement with you. Sorry. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

Sorry, I was saying that to say that I am in agreement with you. Sorry. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

It's me lol my English not you!

Hugs

Hugs

You both are very funny. English is my first language and I understood both of you perfectly. All is well. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Hugs

You both are very funny. English is my first language and I understood both of you perfectly. All is well. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    Book written by Former Senior Policy Member of U. S. Department of Education under Ronald Reagan Administration.

Thank you so much for the links!!! I wrote a blog post about this a year ago and it's a great reminder!

Here's the post: http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/dumbing-down-of-everywhere/
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    I heard about this book on Fox News radio today. Very interesting. They were talking about how the progressives are litterally trying to hinder upgrades and progress in the US educational system. The reason being the more educated a person is the less likely they are to follow their beliefs and support them. Statistics show people with higher education tend to be conservative, people with less education tend to be a lot more liberal.
  • one of the reasons it is hard for me to swallow michael being a drug addict. creative people supposedly don't like the way the drugs make them feel. as i understand that is why you have non-compliance with kids put on adhd drugs. the ones they try to give it to don't want to feel the way it makes them feel. then you have the other kids who are not as creative who abuse it.
  • I heard about this book on Fox News radio today. Very interesting. They were talking about how the progressives are litterally trying to hinder upgrades and progress in the US educational system. The reason being the more educated a person is the less likely they are to follow their beliefs and support them. Statistics show people with higher education tend to be conservative, people with less education tend to be a lot more liberal.

You don't by any chance know where you read the part in bold do you? I'm asking because all of the Grad students and Professors I know are extremely liberal. In fact, from my own experiences with people, I would have concluded the exact opposite.

Now as far as the dumbing down of America, I agree very much with that. I know people in a few different states whose kids are being taught "inventive spelling" in school with the reason being that kids will learn to spell in their own time. One person I know actually got reprimanded by her child's teacher about helping the child with their spelling homework! Another new policy is the idea of not assigning zeros, but rather 50% grades for assignments that aren't turned in, as well as the policy of allowing students to turn in assignments as many as several weeks late for partial credit (with a guarantee of at least a 50%). These practices are ridiculous and are oftentimes implemented simply to make the schools look better on paper (ie. there are less kids failing). They aren't teaching students the importance of being responsible and meeting deadlines. Then the students get to college and can't understand why Instructors and Professors don't allow them to turn in late work.
  • I heard about this book on Fox News radio today. Very interesting. They were talking about how the progressives are litterally trying to hinder upgrades and progress in the US educational system. The reason being the more educated a person is the less likely they are to follow their beliefs and support them. Statistics show people with higher education tend to be conservative, people with less education tend to be a lot more liberal.

You don't by any chance know where you read the part in bold do you? I'm asking because all of the Grad students and Professors I know are extremely liberal. In fact, from my own experiences with people, I would have concluded the exact opposite.

Now as far as the dumbing down of America, I agree very much with that. I know people in a few different states whose kids are being taught "inventive spelling" in school with the reason being that kids will learn to spell in their own time. One person I know actually got reprimanded by her child's teacher about helping the child with their spelling homework! Another new policy is the idea of not assigning zeros, but rather 50% grades for assignments that aren't turned in, as well as the policy of allowing students to turn in assignments as many as several weeks late for partial credit (with a guarantee of at least a 50%). These practices are ridiculous and are oftentimes implemented simply to make the schools look better on paper (ie. there are less kids failing). They aren't teaching students the importance of being responsible and meeting deadlines. Then the students get to college and can't understand why Instructors and Professors don't allow them to turn in late work.

Absolutely, Peace,

I know I go to college myself.
  • Book written by Former Senior Policy Member of U. S. Department of Education under Ronald Reagan Administration.

Thank you so much for the links!!! I wrote a blog post about this a year ago and it's a great reminder!

Here's the post: http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/dumbing-down-of-everywhere/

Thank you as well. I will take a look further at your blog. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I heard about this book on Fox News radio today.  Very interesting.  They were talking about how the progressives are litterally trying to hinder upgrades and progress in the US educational system.  The reason being the more educated a person is the less likely they are to follow their beliefs and support them.  Statistics show people with higher education tend to be conservative, people with less education tend to be a lot more liberal.
    <br /><br /><br />[size=14pt][size=14pt][/size]Now as far as the dumbing down of America, I agree very much with that.  I know people in a few different states whose kids are being taught "inventive spelling" in school with the reason being that kids will learn to spell in their own time.  One person I know actually got reprimanded by her child's teacher about helping the child with their spelling homework!  Another new policy is the idea of not assigning zeros, but rather 50% grades for assignments that aren't turned in, as well as the policy of allowing students to turn in assignments as many as several weeks late for partial credit (with a guarantee of at least a 50%).  These practices are ridiculous and are oftentimes implemented simply to make the schools look better on paper (ie. there are less kids failing).  They aren't teaching students the importance of being responsible and meeting deadlines.  Then the students get to college and can't understand why Instructors and Professors don't allow them to turn in late work.
    <br /><br />Absolutely, Peace,<br /><br />I know I go to college myself.
    <br /><br />curious about this. can you give me a time frame of when these people were in college?was it during the late 60s early 70s or more recently?
  • I heard about this book on Fox News radio today.  Very interesting.  They were talking about how the progressives are litterally trying to hinder upgrades and progress in the US educational system.  The reason being the more educated a person is the less likely they are to follow their beliefs and support them.  Statistics show people with higher education tend to be conservative, people with less education tend to be a lot more liberal.
    <br /><br /><br />[size=14pt][size=14pt][/size]Now as far as the dumbing down of America, I agree very much with that.  I know people in a few different states whose kids are being taught "inventive spelling" in school with the reason being that kids will learn to spell in their own time.  One person I know actually got reprimanded by her child's teacher about helping the child with their spelling homework!  Another new policy is the idea of not assigning zeros, but rather 50% grades for assignments that aren't turned in, as well as the policy of allowing students to turn in assignments as many as several weeks late for partial credit (with a guarantee of at least a 50%).  These practices are ridiculous and are oftentimes implemented simply to make the schools look better on paper (ie. there are less kids failing).  They aren't teaching students the importance of being responsible and meeting deadlines.  Then the students get to college and can't understand why Instructors and Professors don't allow them to turn in late work.
    <br /><br />curious about this. can you give me a time frame of when these people were in college?was it during the late 60s early 70s or more recently?
    <br /><br />I am not sure but if you watch the YT vid that I included in here, the lady who shares this was in the Reagan Administration that had to be in the early/late 80s. Apparently, this had been planned in the making for years.
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    Hey America make Lady Gaga your next president.... ;)<br />She is not in for the money and she has world wide fame and followers.<br />Thats not what a lot of politicians can say.<br />She would have my vote but then she would have to move to Holland... :geek:<br />She sure knows what to say in public.<br />Palin can pack her bags for sure!<br />Just sit back, look and listen.....<br /><br />
  • bonitabonita Posts: 172
    Hey America make Lady Gaga your next president.... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    She is not in for the money and she has world wide fame and followers.
    Thats not what a lot of politicians can say.
    She would have my vote but then she would have to move to Holland... <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
    She sure knows what to say in public.
    Palin can pack her bags for sure!
    Just sit back, look and listen.....

[youtube:3m5r8trh]

Wow, Gaga really blew me away with this. Not only because Im a loony liberal but I couldn't imagine the priceless look on Palin's face if she heard this speech which was spoken with reason and heart.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO HOME <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
    <br /><br /><br />I am talking about current, younger faculty and grad students.
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    If I can find the stats I'll post them for you. My daughter recently found them on line.