White_OrchidWhite_Orchid Posts: 406
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
More CIA and MK-Ultra,new book suggests John Lennon killed by CIA
http://bluecoatpress.co.uk/john-lennon-life-times-assassination/

Lennon mocks CIA

[youtube:p4eoisgv]

Comments

• GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Just recently I watched a documentary giving a "traditional" explanation of the murder.
    Traditional in the sense of calling several psychological experts on the screen and putting the blame on Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye" and a bad childhood of Mark Chapman.
  • Just recently I watched a documentary giving a "traditional" explanation of the murder.
    Traditional in the sense of calling several psychological experts on the screen and putting the blame on Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye" and a bad childhood of Mark Chapman.

I only heard about Catcher in Rye but I don't understand significance. What's the connection, Grace, to the Salinger's book????

<!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • Sorry, my Edit button is gone, gotta check with Souza.

I posted that particular Lennon video because of similarities to Michael, the LOVE message, the 'mind games', media or CIA, the crowd of children. the sailor hats, the snow cones, the outside vendor carts, and Lennon dancing the Irish jig like Michael at Neverland during the Easter egg hunt.

Do anyone think there is a significance to these similarities????

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Just recently I watched a documentary giving a "traditional" explanation of the murder.

I only heard about Catcher in Rye but I don't understand significance. What's the connection, Grace, to the Salinger's book????

There's been talk that Catcher In the Rye is a brain-washing tool. Mark David Chapman was supposedly obsessed with the main character of the book (who hated phonies) and MDC saw John Lennon as the biggest phony which is supposedly why he shot him. He picked up the book and was reading from it after shooting John in the back. From my understanding, MDC got down on one knee to shoot, almost like that's how he'd been trained, and managed to not miss John at all. I think he was brain-washed to kill John by the "establishment" and then they said he was a crazed schizophrenic fan who acted alone.
    John Lennon was actively anti-war. He wanted Nixon to "declare peace". He sang "Give Peace a chance" which became the obvious choice for the anthem at peace protests. John Lennon openly said he knew his phones were tapped and that he was being followed and monitored - and that they wanted him to know they were watching him and he admitted to being scared by it.

John Lennon: "Nobody's ever given it a chance before, have they? Nobody's ever given peace a complete chance. Ghandi tried it, Martin Luther King tried it, BUT THEY WERE SHOT."

[youtube:z0q1tisg]
  • John Lennon was actively anti-war. He wanted Nixon to "declare peace". He sang "Give Peace a chance" which became the obvious choice for the anthem at peace protests. John Lennon openly said he knew his phones were tapped and that he was being followed and monitored - and that they wanted him to know they were watching him and he admitted to being scared by it.

John Lennon: "Nobody's ever given it a chance before, have they? Nobody's ever given peace a complete chance. Ghandi tried it, Martin Luther King tried it, BUT THEY WERE SHOT."

[youtube:ql40fvq7]

My thoughts exactly, Lennon and Michael were both pacifists.
  • I don't think the CIA killed John Lennon, for one reason. Lennon wasn't the only person on the hitlist, it was just the only person MDC got to. He also wanted to kill Elizabeth Taylor, Jackie Kennedy, and John Carson. I think if the CIA was in on it and really wanted these people killed, they'd find a way to use MDC ("the pawn") to kill everyone they were trying to get rid of BEFORE getting found out.

The man was just crazy.
    I don't think the CIA killed John Lennon, for one reason. Lennon wasn't the only person on the hitlist, it was just the only person MDC got to. He also wanted to kill Elizabeth Taylor, Jackie Kennedy, and John Carson. I think if the CIA was in on it and really wanted these people killed, they'd find a way to use MDC ("the pawn") to kill everyone they were trying to get rid of BEFORE getting found out.

The man was just crazy.

Yes, MDC was crazy - schizophrenia is often a side effect from brain-washing. I think the others on his "hit list" were added (made up) by those who wanted John dead to say "look how crazy this guy (MDC) is!" And I don't see these other people on the list being a "threat to the establishment" the way John Lennon was. They wanted to get rid of him for years but they couldn't just hire a hit man to shoot him, they needed a believable "back story" so people wouldn't look further into John's death. Blame the crazed fan, the government gets away with murder. In my opinion.

This was on another thread ( <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=49&t=16035<!-- l --> ), the videos are very interesting although they can't be embedded, they have to be watched on youtube - I got the dvd from amazon.

And these are good to watch too:
    [youtube:2hn86m73]

MJ greatly admires John Lennon, the recent thread about MJ owning thousands of books included a picture of quite a few books on Lennon. I also read a long time ago that Michael was afraid that he would be shot like John Lennon. In my opinion, I think Michael may also suspect that the "establishment" is behind John's murder. Michael and John - both for love and peace. Michael was afraid he would be murdered for a number of different reasons so he fakes his death. Do you see what I'm getting at? That's why I don't believe that a crazed fan killed John. WHO WOULD WANT TO KILL JOHN LENNON?
    I'm really feelin' John Lennon tonight. I don't want people to forget his message or what he stood for.
    This is an AMAZING video, WATCH IT!!

[youtube:39ys54r7]
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864

Chapman had the book with him when he shot Lennon. He was said to have had a "biblical" relationship to the novel, thinking that it was his mission to free the planet from all evil (like "preventing children from growing up and falling into adult's dirt" as described in the book). It was explained that John Lennon had hurt Chapman's Christian beliefs when he was expressing "The Beatles are more famous than Jesus". Chapman was said to have been a burning Lennon fan but turned into a hater due to this utterance being interpreted as "blasphemic". This should have been the initial induction to a task to "clean" from "evil" Lennon. Chapman was said to have been abused in his childhood in sexual context and that he had developped several difficulties to handle his life though he had a family on his own. This is the traditional explanation.

However, he had forgotten to take his "book" with him when flying to New York and he had to buy it again. This was taken as an indication that the "programming by this book" was a lame excuse.

There is more to dig up in the web, also about who was behind the Beatles' introduction into the U.S. and how their control started.
  • Just recently I watched a documentary giving a "traditional" explanation of the murder.
    can you please tell me the name of the documentary?
    btw The Catcher in the Rye is one of my favourite novels! and I remember hearing the story about lennon's murder and the connection to it when studying it,
    my english teacher had a poster in the room and when he asked if anyone knew who that was the kids answered harry potter <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    It was 30 years ago today that the world lost John Lennon. A man who wanted peace and love for the world. Rest In Peace John, you will never be forgotten.
  • nynyronynyro Posts: 296
    You have to admit that the CIA explanation makes more sense than the Mark Chapman explanation. I remember being in High School and reading John Lennon's biography and then getting to the part about his murder and saying to myself, "This makes absolutely no sense!" I think it's always important to scratch the surface and ask tough questions even if they make us uncomfortable.
  • Just watched Souza's series... and it turns out today (Dec. 9) is exactly 30 YEARS from the day John Lennon was assassinated (1980). Rest in peace, man of peace.

The series is very interesting. 2 things I noticed:

1. When John & Yoko went to NY (the States) they became friends with Bobby Seale, a co-founder of the Black Panther party - who is still alive and is interviewed in this video series.
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Seale<!-- m -->

2. Geraldo Rivera is interviewed in this video series too - and is shown conducting an interview with John & Yoko in part 8.

There are definitely connections to MJ. I also believe that MJ and Sean Lennon knew each other, and Yoko supported the idea of MJ purchasing the Beatles catalog.

"All we are saying is, give peace a chance."
    You have to admit that the CIA explanation makes more sense than the Mark Chapman explanation. I remember being in High School and reading John Lennon's biography and then getting to the part about his murder and saying to myself, "This makes absolutely no sense!" I think it's always important to scratch the surface and ask tough questions even if they make us uncomfortable.

I agree - the Mark David Chapman explanation makes no sense. We know he shot John but that's only the beginning of it. I was talking to my boss at work about it and he said, "If the CIA wanted to get rid of John Lennon, they would've hired a hit man to do it". But I said, no - they needed someone to take the wrap because this is JOHN LENNON we're talking about here. They would need someone to blame, someone for the fans to hate. Hence "them" brainwashing MDC and having him sent off to jail, most likely for life. He'll never be released even though he's been eligible for parole since 2000. And my boss said that explanation actually makes a lot of sense. Just another example of how people will believe what the media tells them until they think of it for themselves and realize it doesn't add up.
  • You have to admit that the CIA explanation makes more sense than the Mark Chapman explanation. I remember being in High School and reading John Lennon's biography and then getting to the part about his murder and saying to myself, "This makes absolutely no sense!" I think it's always important to scratch the surface and ask tough questions even if they make us uncomfortable.

I agree - the Mark David Chapman explanation makes no sense. We know he shot John but that's only the beginning of it. I was talking to my boss at work about it and he said, "If the CIA wanted to get rid of John Lennon, they would've hired a hit man to do it". But I said, no - they needed someone to take the wrap because this is JOHN LENNON we're talking about here. They would need someone to blame, someone for the fans to hate. Hence "them" brainwashing MDC and having him sent off to jail, most likely for life. He'll never be released even though he's been eligible for parole since 2000. And my boss said that explanation actually makes a lot of sense. Just another example of how people will believe what the media tells them until they think of it for themselves and realize it doesn't add up.

I do believe the CIA version is more plausible than the "crazy man" version, BUT why in 1980 as opposed to circa 1972 - when the deportation threats started? It seems to me that John was a bigger threat in the early 1970s... So why assassinate him in 1980, after he'd gotten his Green Card and was settled in New York (and Nixon was long out of office)?! This basically happened during the presidency of Jimmy Carter, whom I can't picture wanting to kill Lennon.
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter<!-- m -->
    Just watched Souza's series... and it turns out today (Dec. 9) is exactly 30 YEARS from the day John Lennon was assassinated (1980). Rest in peace, man of peace.

The series is very interesting. 2 things I noticed:

1. When John & Yoko went to NY (the States) they became friends with Bobby Seale, a co-founder of the Black Panther party - who is still alive and is interviewed in this video series.
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Seale<!-- m -->

2. Geraldo Rivera is interviewed in this video series too - and is shown conducting an interview with John & Yoko in part 8.

There are definitely connections to MJ. I also believe that MJ and Sean Lennon knew each other, and Yoko supported the idea of MJ purchasing the Beatles catalog.

"All we are saying is, give peace a chance."

Here is Michael and Sean Lennon together:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJy27lIRcf79GFByKf0bhL0a6Km6MLjq5dcdU1_pTgLbAXfBSomQ

I had read years ago that Michael was afraid he would be killed when he was 40 like John Lennon. Some people thought that was the explanation at the time for his "1998" autographs because supposedly Michael had said that a psychic had told him if he didn't sign 1998 with his autograph, he would be shot or killed when he was 40, like John Lennon. 1998 was the year MJ turned 40.

And I think more people should watch those youtube videos (above, posted by Souza from another thread) like you did truthprevails. They're very interesting and show that the U.S. was out to get John. I think it was then that they started brainwashing John's shooter when they realized they couldn't kick him out of the country and that John's message went against everything they stood for.
  • Thanks, Andrea! I was wrong about the date... It was Dec. 8 (yesterday) that was the anniversary - not today. I'd read pretty much the same thing about Michael's 1998 autograph, that it had to do with a superstition that he might die that year.

The CIA is highly suspicious to me in general... But in this case the timing (1980) doesn't seem to make much sense. Assuming they started brainwashing MDC in 1972, would it really take 8 years to get the job done? And why go ahead and kill a man who's no longer much of a threat? IDK.
    Thanks, Andrea! I was wrong about the date... It was Dec. 8 (yesterday) that was the anniversary - not today. I'd read pretty much the same thing about Michael's 1998 autograph, that it had to do with a superstition that he might die that year.

The CIA is highly suspicious to me in general... But in this case the timing (1980) doesn't seem to make much sense. Assuming they started brainwashing MDC in 1972, would it really take 8 years to get the job done? And why go ahead and kill a man who's no longer much of a threat? IDK.

I honestly don't know how long it would take to brain wash someone but I imagine it could take a few years to break someone's personality down and split it up (or however they do it). Remember that John Lennon was kind of in "retirement mode" from 1975 until 1980 after Sean was born so maybe the CIA decided to leave him alone as long as he wasn't mouthing off about peace. And from my understanding, John didn't have a huge public persona during those years as he was focused on being a dad to Sean. When John was shot, he was on the way home from the recording studio where he was recording Double Fantasy, I think that album came out right after he died. So maybe the CIA knew that since John was going back to work that he would be in the public eye again and didn't want to give him the chance to start his peace talk again. And whoever was president at the time may not have necessarily known what the CIA was doing, if this was something they'd been planning for years - hence the brain-washing of MDC, which probably took a while. Even if the brain-washing didn't take years, the CIA would've still been monitoring John's actions so they would've known when he started recording an album and would know they would need Chapman as the gunman. It's possible he was brain-washed back in the 70's and then they were able to call on him for the shooting, using whatever sort of trigger mechanism they trained him with. This is just speculation on my part but it makes more sense to me than some crazed fan shooting John. And this crazed fan grew up loving John. And considering how the U.S. was really out to get John. He was such a powerful influence on young Americans in the early 70s and maybe "they" were afraid of John starting some sort of new peaceful revolution in the 80s.
  • Your theory could be true, Andrea, who knows... It's true that Lennon was inactive between 1975-80 and had started working again shortly before being killed. I do wonder who controls the CIA and who would give "the order" in such a case... I mean, can the CIA just make a decision like this without the president's knowledge?! IDK.

There are, however, some unbalanced/deranged people out there. (Hey, maybe they're mind-controlled... I dunno.) Have you read Michael's FBI files? A big part of those 333 pages (100+ pages) relates to a man who sent death threats (in the form of letters) to Michael Jackson and the President of the U.S. (I don't recall if there were others). I recall reading that he was apprehended and sent to jail for 2 years.

Michael had to deal with so much s***... It's really unbelievable. He probably had (and needed) more security than most presidents out there.
  • I'll make just one more comment: Obsession with an individual can lead to unhealthy behavior that's actually destructive for the individual one obsesses over. I've seen this sort of behavior even among Michael's fans. For instance look at those that ambush him on stage, during his performances, and cling to him, and kick and scream when they get taken away! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> I don't like that behavior, it seems delusional to me - and very disrespectful of Michael! This man got mobbed, pushed to the ground, had his hair pulled... all by FANS! The reason he couldn't go anywhere has to do, in large part, with his getting mobbed/hounded by FANS. Now of course Michael loved the fans and was incredibly nice and so on, but I still think people in general should have kept more of a distance and been more respectful, and realized that they themselves made life hell for Michael! The fact that MJ was so nice only seemed to make it all worse... People felt it was OK to scream at him, ask for hugs, etc.
    I'll make just one more comment: Obsession with an individual can lead to unhealthy behavior that's actually destructive for the individual one obsesses over. I've seen this sort of behavior even among Michael's fans. For instance look at those that ambush him on stage, during his performances, and cling to him, and kick and scream when they get taken away! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> I don't like that behavior, it seems delusional to me - and very disrespectful of Michael! This man got mobbed, pushed to the ground, had his hair pulled... all by FANS! The reason he couldn't go anywhere has to do, in large part, with his getting mobbed/hounded by FANS. Now of course Michael loved the fans and was incredibly nice and so on, but I still think people in general should have kept more of a distance and been more respectful, and realized that they themselves made life hell for Michael! The fact that MJ was so nice only seemed to make it all worse... People felt it was OK to scream at him, ask for hugs, etc.

I agree with you, obsession is unhealthy and the way certain fans treated Michael is deplorable. MJ can't go anywhere (without disguise) without being mobbed and touched and grabbed. If it was anyone else, it would be physical or sexual harassment but he seemed to take it in stride, with a smile on his face. I wonder what he was thinking though. Everyone likes to feel loved but not screamed at and man-handled. He is such a strong person and I admire that about him, I'm sure he's enjoying this time - he finally has some peace even if he has to disguise himself if he goes out.
    Your theory could be true, Andrea, who knows... It's true that Lennon was inactive between 1975-80 and had started working again shortly before being killed. I do wonder who controls the CIA and who would give "the order" in such a case... I mean, can the CIA just make a decision like this without the president's knowledge?! IDK.

I see your point but I really think the president is just a figure head without much real power - he makes decisions based on what people tell him to do and he isn't told certain things so he can outright deny certain allegations and technically not be lying. And there would be absolutely no proof that the president knew anything. Or he did know and let the assassination go ahead.