Teddy Riley claims criticism of 'Michael' is 'disappointing'

SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/54223

Producer of posthumous Michael Jackson album slams Quincy Jones
December 12th 2010.

Teddy Riley claims criticism of 'Michael' is 'disappointing'

One of the producers behind Michael Jackson's forthcoming posthumous album has hit back at criticism of the project from Quincy Jones.

Teddy Riley, who has contributed three songs to 'Michael', argued that 77-year-old Jones' hearing is not up to the task of determining whether it is Jackson singing on the tracks.

Last month, Jones - the man behind classic Jackson albums such as 'Thriller' and 'Off The Wall' - told US Magazine that there is "no way should be coming out".

However, Riley has hit back at his comments, telling The Guardian: "Look at his [Jones'] age. He can barely hear you talk. How the hell could he hear Michael? Anybody who says [it is not Jackson on the album], I do have a comeback, because you're not right. That's just the bottom line."

Riley added that it is "disappointing" that Jackson's family have also been critical of 'Michael', as they are set to be "reaping the benefits" of sales of the album.

Last month, Michael Jackson's brother Randy joined the row about the authenticity of the King of Pop's vocals on the record, claiming that "some of the songs are him and some aren't".

'Michael', which is released tomorrow (December 13), features guest appearances from the likes of Dave Grohl, Lenny Kravitz, 50 Cent and Akon.

Riley has already claimed that more previously unheard Michael Jackson songs will be released in the future.

I especially liked the part about 'Look how old he is..'don't hold back with the insults T,just because you're not on twitter...aim and shoot.

Comments

• Sinderella, sorry, I'm not a Native English speaker... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> Are you being ironic by saying: "aim and shoot"? Or you really want Teddy to attack people like Quincy outside Twitter? <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    I'm just asking...
  • SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    Sinderella, sorry, I'm not a Native English speaker... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> Are you being ironic by saying: "aim and shoot"? Or you really want Teddy to attack people like Quincy outside Twitter? <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    I'm just asking...

I was being sarcastic yes.
    I don't mean literally attack people.
    However,I do think he should be attacking people like he is in this article in order to stand up for Michael and the Album since he worked on it and insulting the album is insulting everyone who worked on it.
    I'd be pissed too.
  • Thanks for clarification... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • I was being sarcastic yes.
    However,I do think he should be attacking people like he is in this article in order to stand up for Michael and the Album since he worked on it and insulting the album is insulting everyone who worked on it.
    I'd be pissed too.

We don't need to attack or hit anyone. We need to listen and think.
    Quincy Jones with his words was defending MJ as well, probably more than TeddyR.

I guess I'll leave this forum for a while: since the release of "Michael" all the interesting discussions i found during the last year were replaced by a common blind faith in "Michael" and our dear TR (and this obviously reminds me of all the false informers we've had until today). I hope that in a couple of weeks this "noise" will go away and we will focus again on the hoax.
    Why are most of you choosing not to listen to the family, to Quincy Jones and Will.I.am when you too know that Michael would have NEVER wanted to publish these tracks as they did?
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Why are most of you choosing not to listen to the family, to Quincy Jones and Will.I.am when you too know that Michael would have NEVER wanted to publish these tracks as they did?

Giannip, how do you know this?

It may be the case that Michael could not be present for finishing them - obviously - but that doesn't mean that he did not have helping hands that KNEW what he would like to hear?
    TR is not the only friend standing up for him and helping him out.
    Do you really think a friend will judge another friend on his doing in every detail?
    Even if he may not agree in this or that aspect - he will be grateful for having someone lending a hand.
    If only some of what Teddy spoke about is true then we are back to the hounding theory again and back to the fact that some contracts are limited in time but have to be fulfilled somehow.
    Then Teddy is not giving Michael's version but his version of how he thought Michael would want it and giving his best to do it right.
    And God forbid, we can be really grateful for what he did because he just did it right.
    As a friend and as a producer and bringing Michael into bright light again.
    Sometimes circumstances cannot be changed and demand their toll.
    Given what was at hand, the album is great and thoroughly admirable and I have NO doubt that Michael is smiling and thankful.
    I was being sarcastic yes.
    I'd be pissed too.

We don't need to attack or hit anyone. We need to listen and think.
    Quincy Jones with his words was defending MJ as well, probably more than TeddyR.

I guess I'll leave this forum for a while: since the release of "Michael" all the interesting discussions i found during the last year were replaced by a common blind faith in "Michael" and our dear TR (and this obviously reminds me of all the false informers we've had until today). I hope that in a couple of weeks this "noise" will go away and we will focus again on the hoax.

No offense but you have no idea who I am so do not be so quick to judge my opinion.
    I work in the industry and look at all the other factors surrounding this album.NOT just the music and who worked on it/has something to say ie TR.
    I never said HIT anyone.Hit wasn't even used in the original comment I made.If you do not get sarcasm that isn't my fault.
    TR is defending an album he worked on and never got paid for.I would have something to say about it had I of put my time in to it,and for free.
    It isn't 'noise'.It is people having opinions on what is CURRENTLY going down in Michael land.What do you want people to do?Live 2009 over and over?

The family have lost people's faith and following since all they have done since June 25th is speak up on issues that effect them personally or their bank balance.M$CHA£L WE MISS YOU...er..we miss your money really....???
    They have done nothing to protect Michael's name or legacy since he' left the building'.
    The school in LA who reinstated his name over their auditoriam was a massive achievement in restoring his image with the American people and not one member of that family attended.They tweeted about it.They have time to go on TV though...and radio interviews and do poor 'tribute'shows.
    Jermaine only did his show in Vegas to make money for himself,his mom wrote a book on him,his sister keeps selling her story,they went on Oprah....etc.....etc......etc.......etc......etc...ETC.
    WILL.I.AM hasn't worked with MJ for anywhere near the length of time TR has so that is where he lacks credibility.

The line I have made larger to me sounds like you only half believe he is still alive and well 'would have'??

I respect your view on this and I have answered your questions but do not quote me incorrectly and then insinuate that I am wrong for backing TR .
  • Although it is hard to believe that Michael's family (even his mother) is using Michael for $$$.. but I guess you might be right... Sometimes non-members of the family are far better at restoring MJ's name and keeping his legacy alive than his own flesh and blood... Sad... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    Beyond sad....It is Tragic.