Michael's Words

mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
"We only live one since we are given the gift of life it should be our persistent endeavor to immortalize ourselves. No matter what field of endeavor we choose. " WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!!! hELP ME! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Comments

• He is saying to immortalise yourself in your work. Be the best you can, so that when you die you leave a lasting legacy.
  • He is saying to immortalise yourself in your work. Be the best you can, so that when you die you leave a lasting legacy.

Yes, my interpretation is the same. MJ expressed this idea in some of his interviews.
  • Or very good, bright memories, no matter if the person is entertainer, or politician, or journalist, or teacher, or whatever profession has had or did something in his/her lifetime to be remembered......makes you immortal.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    And he will be always remembered.

Today I thought about his same thing. MJ getting away when he is 50, perpetrating his good name and his contribution to the world.

He will never be forgotten.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    "We only live one since we are given the gift of life it should be our persistent endeavor to immortalize ourselves. No matter what field of endeavor we choose. " WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!!! hELP ME! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I think that this quote by MJ goes along with this quote from MJ:

In the end, the most important thing is to be true to yourself and those you love and work hard. Work like there's no tomorrow. Train. Strive. Really train and cultivate your talent to the highest degree. Be the best at what you do. Get to know more about your field than anybody alive. Use the tools of your trade, if it's books or a floor to dance on or a body of water to swim in. Whatever it is, it's yours. That's what I've always tried to remember.

I hope it helps! Bless you all! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    GREAT QUOTES COMING FROM THE GREAT MAN - ONE OF THE GREATEST, IN FACT.

BLESSINGS, MICHAEL, AND LONG LIVE !..
  • He means because great music is immortal and it will never change and it will never die. Culture changes, trends change, the music industry changes, architecture changes, fashion changes..... but great music is great music and that is immortal. And not just music because it doesn't matter what form of art it takes whehter it's a sculpture or a painting or a film or whatever. That's why we still listen to Tchaikovsky and Mozart today and we still want to see Michelangelo's work......they have immortalized themselves and they are here forever.

God bless you.
    Love always,
    Peter
  • Aw! Awesome quotes! =] <3 <3 <3
  • Michael definitely leaves us a great legacy...he definitely is an inmortal! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->