I Tunes and Michael Album

shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
I went and bought Michael yesterday and then I downloaded it to I Tunes so I could transfer it to my IPOD. While I was downloading from CD to my I Tunes library, it only downloaded 7 songs <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> so I had to manually transfer the rest over (as I am I Tunes challenged lol) I thought why did it only download seven songs? Very strange, normally it will pick up all the songs on the CD.

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    7 songs. Lol, cool.

Which 3 songs did you have to manually download, if you don't mind me asking?
  • OMG! The SAME EXACT thing happened to me!!! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
    Were Monster, Another Day, and Hold My Hand the songs missing for you too? I had to re-try 3 times for it to work!
  • <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> that would be interesting if it's the "doubtful" MJ songs that didn't load.....
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    Bec - to be honest with you, I can't remember lol....I know they were random, like it wasn't the last three songs or the first three songs that were missing. Just random ones, I am trying to think back which ones, but I think one of them was Behind the Mask that I had to manually move over, the others I am not sure.
    OMG! The SAME EXACT thing happened to me!!! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
    Were Monster, Another Day, and Hold My Hand the songs missing for you too? I had to re-try 3 times for it to work!

Actually Another Day was one of them, because that is one of my favourites, but I can't be sure of the others, but Monster and Hold My Hand could have been them lol.... I was so frustrated at the technical stuff that I really didn't keep track, but those could have been it.....weird eh?
  • this happened to me as well, but I quickly found out the reason why as i do a lot of iTunes music managing. THOSE 3 songs are the ones "featuring" other artists. instead of putting the artists names on the song title (like most CDs) they tagged it to the song artist...meaning if you arrange your iTunes list by artist (which everyone does) those 3 songs wont be under Michael Jackson, they are under "Michael Jackson featuring Akon" etc. so the songs ARE in your library, you just have to change the artist to Michael Jackson by itself to get it to show up with the rest of the songs.

still strange though.
  • That is wierd!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    @FutureLaker - that is interesting to know... however, I had a hard time getting those three songs to load onto I Tunes. I literally had to manually transfer them over to ITunes, but I can see how the title of the track can change the downloads to putting them somewhere else. Normally, MJ has about 12 to 15 songs on each album, this had only 10 songs and why only three songs with featured artists on it?? Coincidence or not? I am not sure lol

(I Like) The Way you Love Me is on the Ultimate Album released in 2004 (I think) - I am wondering why "Team MJ" decided to put a song on that has already been released? However, I did listen to them both and the newer version seems to be slightly an octave higher. Does anyone else hear any differences?
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I thought it was lower, especially at the end - an octave lower. The earlier version seems higher to me.
    Something is different between the two songs, as far as the octaves and half notes/notes go ... but why would he release this song on his new Album... on the Ultimate Album the track is entitled The Way You Love Me. Interestingly, they title the one on the new Album (I Like) The Way You Love Me. Is he telling us that he likes the way WE love HIM? LOL <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • OMG! The SAME EXACT thing happened to me!!! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

Actually Another Day was one of them, because that is one of my favourites, but I can't be sure of the others, but Monster and Hold My Hand could have been them lol.... I was so frustrated at the technical stuff that I really didn't keep track, but those could have been it.....weird eh?

Guys, you are freaking me out because that's what happened to me too but only with the song "Hollywood tonight"! Finally it was downloaded with the 3rd try <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Maybe it is just coincidence but I purchase a lot from iTunes and it has never happened to me before <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    O.K. SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN THEN ??????