Judge to decide Jackson syringe testing issues

darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
edited January 1970 in News
<!-- m -->http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... 936cfab25b<!-- m -->

Judge to decide Jackson syringe testing issues
(AP) – 3 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge overseeing the criminal case of a doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death has scheduled a hearing to determine if medical items found in the singer's bedroom should undergo more testing that defense attorneys contend is crucial to the case.

Attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray have been asking for months that fluids in two syringes and an IV bag found in Jackson's rented mansion be tested to determine how much of the anesthetic propofol and painkiller lidocaine they contained.

Coroner's officials ruled Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor will hear the testing arguments on Dec. 29 — six days before Murray is scheduled to appear for what is expected to be a lengthy, detailed preliminary hearing to determine if there is enough evidence for the cardiologist to stand trial.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

Murray's attorneys have struck an urgent tone regarding the need to test the medical items, saying the evidence is deteriorating. They have described the fluids in one of the syringes as having turned to "salt" and contended the testing should have been done after Jackson's death in June 2009.

Coroner's officials say in court filings the testing was not necessary to determine Jackson's cause of death.

Prosecutors have downplayed the significance and refused to enter into an agreement with Murray about testing the items.

The tests are likely to destroy the samples.

In a document filed Friday, coroner's officials laid out an experimental testing procedures they can use if Murray's motion is approved.

One of Murray's attorneys, J. Michael Flanagan, argued in a court filing the delay in testing the syringes might hurt the doctor's defense.

"An essential fact in this case is not only how much propofol was in Michael Jackson's body but how it was put into his body," Flanagan wrote. "Since further degradation and deterioration of the evidence makes it increasingly more difficult to test, the prejudice to the defendant is increasing."

District attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said prosecutors had not filed a response to Murray's motion.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    Thanks for posting this Darkchild. I saw this and wanted to look into it more. Right off the bat I noticed this:
    Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor will hear the testing arguments on Dec. 29 — six days before Murray is scheduled to appear

Which is not accurate, it's 7 days inclusive between 12/29/10 and 1/4/11.

And they were supposed to have had these discussions back in October. No one and I mean no one does anything the week between Christmas and New Years unless it's an emergency and I simply have a hard time believing any judge put this off for 2 months to deal with it the week between Christmas and New Years.

Another strategic date. They just keep coming with Murray and his court thing. Always timed to the 7s and the 70 day cycle.
  • I don't understand something. It is almost 2 yrs MJ supposedley passed away. Aren't those syringes dried by now? How can they test them? It does not make sense. For me this is something else to buy time for the hoax. For the return of Michael. I have a doctor friend I have to speak with him to see if this can be possible. In my eyes it is impossible. I am only a phsychologist, not a doctor. I will keep you posted. Blessings
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I don't understand something. It is almost 2 yrs MJ supposedley passed away. Aren't those syringes dried by now? How can they test them? It does not make sense. For me this is something else to buy time for the hoax. For the return of Michael. I have a doctor friend I have to speak with him to see if this can be possible. In my eyes it is impossible. I am only a phsychologist, not a doctor. I will keep you posted. Blessings

I would like to hear his thoughts on it, and on the AR as well, could you ask him to take a look at it?

What I also would like to know if it can be detemined 18 months after death how much propofol was in his body when he 'died' if they would test the body now.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• I don't understand something. It is almost 2 yrs MJ supposedley passed away. Aren't those syringes dried by now? How can they test them? It does not make sense. For me this is something else to buy time for the hoax. For the return of Michael. I have a doctor friend I have to speak with him to see if this can be possible. In my eyes it is impossible. I am only a phsychologist, not a doctor. I will keep you posted. Blessings

I would like to hear his thoughts on it, and on the AR as well, could you ask him to take a look at it?

What I also would like to know if it can be detemined 18 months after death how much propofol was in his body when he 'died' if they would test the body now.

Yes Souza, as soon as I speak with him I will let everyone know. He is busy at the moment.

Hi, Souza
    I finally spoke to my friend doctor, he gave me a rough layout.( meaning he does not have that much time for me <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> He stated if the body is getting decomposed, any autopsy will need to be performed promptly, the more you wait the worse it is. The results will not be as good as those from an autopsy on a fresh body. By exhuming a body of 18 months it can still have some useful information, they can still find information about the cause of death. I know Michael did not die of Arsenic but it remains in the body for a long time so it can be detected after death, As for propofol it dissolve faster, meaning they will have more difficulties in find any residue. The longer they wait to exhume Michaels body, the harder will be on the results. As we know they will never exhume the body, there is no body, and the trial will never take place at this rate. Lol.
    I hope this will help you.
    As for the syringes, it is hard to find the amount of propofols
    Blessings.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I don't understand something. It is almost 2 yrs MJ supposedley passed away. Aren't those syringes dried by now? How can they test them? It does not make sense. For me this is something else to buy time for the hoax. For the return of Michael. I have a doctor friend I have to speak with him to see if this can be possible. In my eyes it is impossible. I am only a phsychologist, not a doctor. I will keep you posted. Blessings

Hi, Souza
    I finally spoke to my friend doctor, he gave me a rough layout.( meaning he does not have that much time for me <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> He stated if the body is getting decomposed, any autopsy will need to be performed promptly, the more you wait the worse it is. The results will not be as good as those from an autopsy on a fresh body. By exhuming a body of 18 months it can still have some useful information, they can still find information about the cause of death. I know Michael did not die of Arsenic but it remains in the body for a long time so it can be detected after death, As for propofol it dissolve faster, meaning they will have more difficulties in find any residue. The longer they wait to exhume Michaels body, the harder will be on the results. As we know they will never exhume the body, there is no body, and the trial will never take place at this rate. Lol.
    Blessings.

Thanks a bunch! So in other words, the syringes will not be helpful in any way, nor will an exhumation?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Hi, Souza
    Blessings.

Thanks a bunch! So in other words, the syringes will not be helpful in any way, nor will an exhumation?

Exactly. In my opinion what they are doing is to buy time until Michael comes back. My friend believes he is alive,and he is not a Michael Jackson fan, oh well. What can we do.. Hope I answered your questions. Merry Christmas
    From the article:
    Attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray have been asking for months that fluids in two syringes and an IV bag found in Jackson's rented mansion be tested to determine how much of the anesthetic propofol and painkiller lidocaine they contained.

OK. I'm not a doctor but I deal with injectable medications on a regular basis professionally.

It is impossible to determine from a syringe, used or full, how much of a substance it contained. As in, used to contain.Testing the syringe will yield ZERO information on the amount of propofol used. Same with an IV bag. Zero, zilch, nada. That's like looking at a glass and being able to tell how much orange juice it used to contain and using that to prove that you drank x amount of orange juice. It's not possible and really, it's ridiculous.

The syringe is a carrier. It delivers injectables into the body. A used syringe can be tested to determine what was in it but not how much was in it. It can be filled up to the capacity but there's no way of knowing if that was done or not or if it was, if all of that volume ended up ultimately being injected and into whom.

Testing the syringe will shed light on what it was loaded with, only. 100% for certain that testing the syringe will not yield information on dosage or amounts of injectable used. This is not my opinion, this is a fact. This journalist is a moron.
    Second post because I reread the article and it really makes no sense at all. Murray's lawyers want this stuff tested because they say its crucial to the defense, why? Seems prosecution would be the ones wanting this tested to find propofol in the syringes and Murrays prints on them, maybe even the iv bag full of propofol (haha no wonder it was coming out his eye balls) with Murray's prints all over it, slam dunk for the DA right?

It's like Murray's lawyers yelling to any reporter that would listen about how Murray would be charged with manslaughter last January long before LAPD said they even wanted to arrest him. Then they want to turn him in even though LAPD and the DA are fighting over even whether to arrest him... Murray's lawyers seem in a big hurry to offer their client up for whatever accusations anyone wants to level at him and there seem to be few takers.

Murray lawyers: please! test this stuff so you can find evidence against our client!
    Judge/DA: nah it's ok, we're good.
  • From the article:

OK. I'm not a doctor but I deal with injectable medications on a regular basis professionally.

It is impossible to determine from a syringe, used or full, how much of a substance it contained. As in, used to contain.Testing the syringe will yield ZERO information on the amount of propofol used. Same with an IV bag. Zero, zilch, nada. That's like looking at a glass and being able to tell how much orange juice it used to contain and using that to prove that you drank x amount of orange juice. It's not possible and really, it's ridiculous.

The syringe is a carrier. It delivers injectables into the body. A used syringe can be tested to determine what was in it but not how much was in it. It can be filled up to the capacity but there's no way of knowing if that was done or not or if it was, if all of that volume ended up ultimately being injected and into whom.

Testing the syringe will shed light on what it was loaded with, only. 100% for certain that testing the syringe will not yield information on dosage or amounts of injectable used. This is not my opinion, this is a fact. This journalist is a moron.

Exactly that`s what my friend doctor said. They are buying time with this that`s all. It is all fabricated, they think that we wouldn`t investigate. Even 18 months passed by the syringes may not have the substance anymore that`s what has been explained to me. Like I said I am not doctor either, just a phsychologist. My friend is not a Michael Jackson fan, he never was and never will be, ( that is his choice) As a medical point of view he said that he is not dead, just by the ambulance leaving the house, even if a body is dead, they go faster than that and an ambulance never backs up that way. Now this is in Canada, I have no clue for the USA. On top of that my friend stated, why did his sister signed the death certificate? My friend said he has signed thousands and thousands of death certificate, he never asked the family to do so, and it is against the law. Speaking of the death certificate does any one know if the death certificate was properly signed from the doctor? Or is it still signed from Latoya? I think after all of this unravels we should take all of these information we came across since Michael`s death and write a book on it. We would make lots of money <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Correction, LaToya signed as witness (or equivalent, I forget the exact term) not as Doctor. Anf supposedly yes, a doctor eventually did sign the DC, but we have to just take their word for it as the box is blacked out.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Unrelated to this thread, just have a question.

Bec, I'm sorry if you already answered this somewhere but I'm curious about the story behind your signature?
    @Andrea:

Ah, memories...

My sig is from mjhd.com before it burned down. New mods on mjhd.com labeled me a troublemaker and wanted me gone. I was annoyed because they came into our house and tried to change the curtains, you know? This was right after Dave Dave and the great mod exodus. Souza and Mo were on the chopping block and the members were being whipped into a frenzy encouraged to bash and flame them. Every time I posted on the thread to support them my posts were mysteriously and instantly deleted, which of course I took as an attempt to silence me and silence support for them, so we began to take screenshots.

I was going to just resurrect the siggy part, about being entertained from way back 2009 hoaxing, because it turned out to be fairly prophetic, but it would be awkward without including the whole post.

Here's the post I kept reposting and they kept deleting, I removed it from the final siggy so it didn't take up so much space:

siggy.jpg
    That's awesome you kept that post Bec! I remember those days...although I was just a reader then and not a writer.

The majority of that post can be very much applied to recent events...seems we get whipped into frenzies every now and then, keeps it fresh maybe? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    That's awesome you kept that post Bec! I remember those days...although I was just a reader then and not a writer.

The majority of that post can be very much applied to recent events...seems we get whipped into frenzies every now and then, keeps it fresh maybe? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

It's true I suppose, but even the latest flames sparked here hold no candle to what the environment was on MJHD.com at that time. I remember writing that post. It was a snake pit of weirdness. I do believe we were manipulated and goaded. I'm sorry I didn't see it at the time, it was just too bizarre and seemed fabricated, I couldn't understand why logic, empathy, and common sense seemed to have gone completely out the window with Admin and the new guard.

Analyze what occured. The new guard was hostile to the community, and created social pariahs out of the strong, outspoken members of the group, the leader-types, if you will. They made it so hostile that we either chose to leave or were forced to leave, forcing our hands to set up a new board (thank you Souza), and the community progressively became self sufficient in a new location. We no longer needed MJHD, thanks to a few entrepreneurial personalities, so MJHD could die a natural death and we could press on, a carefully chosen group of people, passionate to the cause, working together. By design, our movedments were directed, without us being consciously aware of it. Remember Michael mimicking a puppet master during the "Threatened" snippet at the end of "Thriller" in TII? Yeah...

I don't know if we could have developed this community here if we weren't thrown out of the herd the way we were. I'm leaning towards this entire charade also being by design, especially after witnessing what happened at MJJC just recently.
    40 days and 40 nights, the board did it's job. It was the biggest rabbit hole going and 3000 people jumped in and started to follow the trail.

They gave us plenty of time to realize what was going down. Board shut down... face reality, what are you going to do if MJHD goes away forever? Souza is going to make a back up board, that's what, and we are all going to contribute there. We had the chat room so we could get to know each other, develop a sense of community, a bond. 40 days and 40 nights and the warning shot gets fired across the bow.
    For 40 days and for 40 nights, the law was on her side (sounds like: I was on her side),
    but who can stand when she's in demand with her schemes n' plans.

There's a time when you're right and you know you must fight, who's laughing baby? (Don''t) just leave me alone.

It's true I suppose, but even the latest flames sparked here hold no candle to what the environment was on MJHD.com at that time. I remember writing that post. It was a snake pit of weirdness. I do believe we were manipulated and goaded. I'm sorry I didn't see it at the time, it was just too bizarre and seemed fabricated, I couldn't understand why logic, empathy, and common sense seemed to have gone completely out the window with Admin and the new guard.

Analyze what occured. The new guard was hostile to the community, and created social pariahs out of the strong, outspoken members of the group, the leader-types, if you will. They made it so hostile that we either chose to leave or were forced to leave, forcing our hands to set up a new board (thank you Souza), and the community progressively became self sufficient in a new location. We no longer needed MJHD, thanks to a few entrepreneurial personalities, so MJHD could die a natural death and we could press on, a carefully chosen group of people, passionate to the cause, working together. By design, our movedments were directed, without us being consciously aware of it. Remember Michael mimicking a puppet master during the "Threatened" snippet at the end of "Thriller" in TII? Yeah...

I don't know if we could have developed this community here if we weren't thrown out of the herd the way we were. I'm leaning towards this entire charade also being by design, especially after witnessing what happened at MJJC just recently.

I didn't understand really what was going on then, it left me confused and uneasy. And funny you mentioned the puppet master dance, there is literally little clues left everywhere that may initially be viewed as "insignificant" but actually hold much more meaning. And I've often felt like a sort of test subject if you know what I mean.

I'm definitely thankful for this forum and Mo and Souza's commitment to it. The old MJHD got out of hand and got in the way of the actual investigation. I think this site is running how it's supposed to and how it's meant to for the hoax. We know the hoax isn't dependent on us but it does need us, to a certain extent. We're a small group but there's enough of us to help make a difference when Michael returns. And when everyone at that time goes running to their computers saying WTF how did I miss THAT, they will find this site. And realize they missed out on the biggest adventure in our lifetime.
    This is what I was trying to say I suspected for months last year on that board and the talk that I wouldn't drop that finally got me banned. The topic was expressly forbidden, no warnings giving, instant banning. I had to dance around it so delicately but they would smell the subject a mile away. They labeled it "AMY" bashing and had a zero tolerance. They would twist your words and insert some into your mouth, then condemn you and ban you.

I didn't understand that. The topic proved MJ was alive and this was indeed a hoax, how could that have been considered flaming?