TMZ.com?

2»

Comments

• Just checked - I am in the UK and got the message "Due to laws within your region, you are unable to view content for this website." on my first 3 attempts; upon refreshing the page I eventually got to the TMZ home page... But now Blocked again!
    I wonder what is triggering the UK "ban"! Some censorship of some sort but what? It says much for FREEDOM!
    Let's try to contact TMZ and ask the question! We can then take it further if it persists... My word we will!

With L.O.V.E

I sent TMZ a message on Twitter <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> my twitter name is Willubetheremj <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I see if I get a reply, I asked why we were blocked in the UK. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

I also sent a tweet to Harvey this morning, let's see what happens in the next 48 hours. Internet censorship is a rather complicated matter and something which should NOT exist, we should be entitled to decide what to watch or not to watch! There is a definite possibility that the TMZ UK DNS server is facing some technical issues rather than TMZ being censored in the UK as I am struggling to see on which ground TMZ could be censored.
    There is no publicly available list of censored websites, the official body that looks after censorship is the internet watch foundation (Another waste of taxpayers money!) and I guess this would need to be where we would need to "hit" if TMZ is indeed under censorship.

With L.O.V.E
  • It's so frustrating that I can't get into TMZ site. Hmm. Come on Harv, get your staff to sort this out because I don't want to miss out on any gossip!!!
  • robdrobd Posts: 106
    Any updates, still blocked in the UK?
  • hmm still blocked for me when u try to access the site through google. how strange . i wonder what's changed. Im in the UK btw.
  • Solid121Solid121 Posts: 292
    It seems TMZ has imposed this block permanantly for legal resaons, however, for people in the UK who can't access TMZ at this time (Including myself) try using this link:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=af&tl=en&u=http://www.tmz.com/&anno=2
  • robdrobd Posts: 106
    Link works - many thanks!
  • Link works - many thanks!

Yes thanks link works, thanks a lot. Just keep this bumped up save having to dig for it to use again and again. Dont know how to save it on my computer <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Not very bright! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125

Yes thanks link works, thanks a lot. Just keep this bumped up save having to dig for it to use again and again. Dont know how to save it on my computer <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Not very bright! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Do you know how to bookmark websites? If not, here's what you do: Click on the link in this thread. Go up to the Bookmark menu at the top of the screen. Then click bookmark this site. Then the next time, you can just go to your bookmark menu and scroll down to that link and it will take you there. Good luck!
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366

I created a thread which will hopefully be made a sticky to help our UK friends find the link. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • Link works - many thanks!

I created a thread which will hopefully be made a sticky to help our UK friends find the link. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Thank you so much <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

That will be soooo <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> and helpful <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->