Jackson Estate 'Pleased' Discovery Pulled Doc

ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
edited January 1970 in News
Jackson Estate 'Pleased' Discovery Pulled Doc
32 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

The co-executors of Michael Jackson's estate think Discovery Channel did the right thing when they yanked a documentary from their UK schedule that was to feature a reenactment of MJ's autopsy.

1104-mj-bn-getty-01-credit.jpg

A rep for John Branca and John McClain tells TMZ, "The co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson are pleased that Discovery Channel made the correct decision in choosing to cancel this exploitative program."

The co-executors went on to say they feel Michael's fans played a large role in Discovery's decision, saying, "While Discovery cited legal proceedings and our request as the reasons for its decision, none of this would have happened had it not been for the incredible passion displayed by countless Michael Jackson fans worldwide who knew they stood as one and that their voices could not be ignored."

As for any future plans to air the show, Branca and McClain said, "We are hopeful that this show will never run in any market in the future."

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/12/31/michael-j ... enactment/<!-- m -->

Comments

• I am so happy, I wish Michael can see this how his fans as one fought to stop this show. We love you Michael, anything for you.
    blessings to all
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    I am so happy, I wish Michael can see this how his fans as one fought to stop this show. We love you Michael, anything for you.
    blessings to all

I agree with you!!!!
  • This is such great news. Mission accomplished. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> It just proves once again that standing united for a cause will bring results.

Love and Blessings
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    Hooray!!" none of this would have happened had it not been for the incredible passion displayed by countless Michael Jackson fans worldwide who knew they stood as one and that their voices could not be ignored."...
    "VICTORY!"a fine example of how the "power of LOVE" works! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    So this proves to me that this documentary was never going to air in the first place, that it probably never even existed. It was all controversy, plain and simple - courtesy of MJ. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • i hate to burst peoples bubble but this show never existed.
    this stuff about oh it was because of fans
    no there just using it this is just to keep mj's name out in the public

people never listen to us fans
    u know how many petitions i signed during that trial
    no one did anything about anything we had a problem with
    no one 'real ever does"

They want to say it was us fans because it works but this show never was.
  • Was the intent here to show us that when we raise our voices as "one" we can indeed accomplish great things? Even with the controversy that we have experienced on this board lately we were able to put that aside and work as "one voice" for good.

Perhaps this was a "practice run" and next time we will again act as "one voice".....for someone/something even more important? I think a lesson was learned here....

Blessings in the New Year! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

no one 'real ever does"

I agree!
    Was the intent here to show us that when we raise our voices as "one" we can indeed accomplish great things? Even with the controversy that we have experienced on this board lately we were able to put that aside and work as "one voice" for good.

Perhaps this was a "practice run" and next time we will again act as "one voice".....for someone/something even more important? I think a lesson was learned here....

Blessings in the New Year! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Ooooh, love the way you think! Certainly makes sense...
  • 12/31/2010
    1:03 pm
    1+2+3+1 =7 +2+1+1+3 = 7
  • Hooray!!" none of this would have happened had it not been for the incredible passion displayed by countless Michael Jackson fans worldwide who knew they stood as one and that their voices could not be ignored."...
    "VICTORY!"a fine example of how the "power of LOVE" works! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

V for Victory - once again <!-- s:arrow: -->:arrow:<!-- s:arrow: --> remember when the fans helped uncover MJ's name on that CA school! Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough!!! It's all for L.O.V.E & M.I.K.E

no one 'real ever does"

I just would like to know where did you find your information, that there is no show ? If you have any information please show us. Thanks and Blessings.
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    they stood as one
    YES...
    Great news! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Great work guys......the power of the ARMY OF LOVE..

Its made the headline news here in Australia as well....HOORAY

Together, we can change the world.......

We have power to make this world a better place. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • That is good news!
  • It never existed, therefore not surprised it was "canceled". Why would Discovery channel air a documentary reenacting the autopsy of anyone? Let alone Michael Jackson. The autopsy is (supposedly) done, the information is out, so why reenact it? It serves no purpose whatsoever.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Maybe it was for a reason...if people saw a re-enactment, maybe the general public might also see the inconsistencies and start to question whether this was accurate .and would place doubt in other peoples minds....eg MJ's height and his middle name and his weight.
  • mdcmdc Posts: 343
    Interesting way they have the article titled.

It reads like they discovered something about Murray and pulled him- or I'm just translating how I want too. lol
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    The co-executors went on to say they feel Michael's fans played a large role in Discovery's decision, saying, "While Discovery cited legal proceedings and our request as the reasons for its decision, none of this would have happened had it not been for the incredible passion displayed by countless Michael Jackson fans worldwide who knew they stood as one and that their voices could not be ignored."
    <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • don't exactly know why but all of the talk about the autopsy makes me think of the incisiveness of the search of Michael's home and body in 93.
    don't exactly know why but all of the talk about the autopsy makes me think of the incisiveness of the search of Michael's home and body in 93.

That's what I thought of this afternoon. I saw part of the "Gone Too Soon" documentary was on Much Music and they showed Michael's innocence statement, where he talks about being forced to submit to a de-humanizing and humiliating examination - of course referring to the photos taken of his private area.

The whole notion of an autopsy re-enactment is about as de-humanizing as it gets. I really think Michael himself was behind this, he has to show how horrifically he's been treated before and make people notice how wrong it is.
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    When I first heard about this I had a feeling in my gut that it wasn't going to air. It was just to stir up some controversy. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->