New Michael Jackson Video, Starring ... YOU

2»

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    paula-c
    If SONY and Michael want to make a video of "salsa i dance very well <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Cool! Wouldn't want anyone to see me "groove" to MJ's music in my livingroom. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> But I do square dancing in a group.
    I'm looking forward to what creative things MJ, I mean they will do to put this together.

Behind the Mask --lyrics, that's what I love about MJ's songs, they're in layers in meaning. He's behind a mask and so to speak are we, and more.
  • Behind The Mask was on a high volume in my car today when I was driving home from work, <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> it rocks and the lyrics are amazing. I grabbed the booklet because while listening to the lyrics I wanted to read behind the lyrics/mask <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> At first sight the song is a love song, yet it could be meant as let's put an end to deception, insincerity, confusion, now it's time for revelation, truth and choices.

I love you MJ
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Even if I don't quite understand everything that's he's singing there, the song is one of my favourites and I like especially those high vowels starting at 4:40 - is it Michael's voice?!
    about the video .......I don't think we are expected to sing or dance, just to take off the mask <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • ladylee1979ladylee1979 Posts: 257
    Always wanted to be in a Michael Jackson film clip?
    Well now you can.

The late pop singer's music is still being released and the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music want to use the web to create a music video for the single 'Behind the Mask'.

To be in the clip, people from around the world will have to visit the website <!-- m -->http://behindthemask.michaeljackson.com<!-- m --> on March 7 to participate.

Users will select a move, a lyric, or a crowd reaction — performers can even demonstrate their own moonwalk, the anti-gravity lean or the toe stand.

Then contributors can shoot their move right on the website with their web cam, or their video camera, and upload their clip as it occurs in the video.

The director will select the top clips to use.

The final results of The Behind the Mask Project will be unveiled during the first week in April.

<!-- m -->http://entertainment.msn.co.nz/blog.asp ... ments=true<!-- m -->
    Nobody else finds it strange that TMZ didn't post another article after this one? At least I can't see another one.

I entered the site today and it took me to Behind the mask page first, so I checked it for a bit and I found it very interesting that they mention this there:
    "However, if we can’t see your face, we can’t use you."

They make it known that they really want to see our faces in the videos.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Lisa Marie. After he tried to reconcile and she dissed him. Just my take on the song. Are there 2 threads on this <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    This heading (New Michael Jackson video starring YOU.) makes me think of MJ's new movie which will be starring EVERYONE.

True enough. It's a great farce in the truest sense of the word. I especially love the fake war in Libya! Michael you are a genius!
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Faces! too bad for the shy ones.
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    Hm, this sort of reminds me of the "We Are The World 25" performance. Remember the little green man, where (they claim) we were supposed to be able to put ourselves in? ...and then all we got was the top of Michael's head. Yeah, that's what this reminds me of. Hopefully we get a glimpse of him on this video.

I mean he could do it on this one without anyone seeing it, because as far as I know the music video will be like Man in the Mirror or Heal the World ... like a montage of videos put together. Can anyone either claim or deny for me?

Also, I think @Gema mentioned this on the first page. How the song was about a lover who wasn't loyal ... hiding their true selves behind a mask. This sort of applies to the fans who are after Murray's hide. Because they swear to Michael and everyone else that they love him and are his true fans, yet THEY are the ones accepting the story that he was some washed-up drug addict.

Interesting <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I think I'm gonna send some videos. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Excited to see the results. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Oh I wish I could send some videos but......I guess I have stage-fright <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I think I'll stick to cheering on any brave ones from this forum. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Hm, this sort of reminds me of the "We Are The World 25" performance. Remember the little green man, where (they claim) we were supposed to be able to put ourselves in? ...and then all we got was the top of Michael's head. Yeah, that's what this reminds me of. Hopefully we get a glimpse of him on this video.

I mean he could do it on this one without anyone seeing it, because as far as I know the music video will be like Man in the Mirror or Heal the World ... like a montage of videos put together. Can anyone either claim or deny for me?

Also, I think @Gema mentioned this on the first page. How the song was about a lover who wasn't loyal ... hiding their true selves behind a mask. This sort of applies to the fans who are after Murray's hide. Because they swear to Michael and everyone else that they love him and are his true fans, yet THEY are the ones accepting the story that he was some washed-up drug addict.

Interesting <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    You might have something there. Michael is so full of surprises! I love, love, love everything he's doing. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • On Tuesday I sent one quickly before I changed my mind and stage fever got control over me <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    do they want us to just sing it? "behind the mask" is probably my favorite track off the album. i can't help but listen to it every day. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    Same here.....I love the song!!
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    This is so typical! How many times I would have said when I was a little girl, -"yay, I would like to participate in a video of MJ". Now that we have the chance, I won´t do it! Too shy! and, also because I see myself not as video material <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Longing to see the final results.
    What means video material? If we go there I think none of us is video material. Maybe they want to see real people.
    I won't participate either, but I know I'll regret later.....
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    I think somebody should go to Paris, France and invite these guys to participate:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=55f_1285109108
    they are very good.

MJ fans are the craziest in the whole world. Don't know if it's good or bad but for sure it's special <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    I sense something strange.
    TMZ has published the news about the upcoming video, starring the fans and all, and put up the trailer. And the video was released, and no word on TMZ. When Hold my hand video was released, TMZ immediately reported it and even before the release, they had many articles on the video. Then when it was released, TMZ posted it. Now it's all silent. No words (yet) about the new video, no nothing. I am pretty sure TMZ is involved, not in the meaning they direct it all, but they are the gate to tell people what's going on, and I am kinda sure they are fed things. Now what's with all this silence? even with a new release? Maybe they will say something, but it's still strange though. When Hold my hand video was about to be released,when it was in the making, there were many articles about it, regarding the light tunnel, the one-handed person, the fans,the directions they had to follow. Now nothing.
    I agree