Trial delay - opening statements begin on May 9th

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Apparently there is a hearing going on which I wasn't aware of. Seems like the request by the prosecution for a delay was granted, opening statements are set to begin May 9th.

@MJHOAXLIVE is in the courtroom:

Murray just walked in with bodyguard and Goraghin. looks ike he has a new tie
Were waiting for the judge to come in have a seat...
One of the sercretaries looks like she has Dodo bird on her desk ...lol
Everyone just went behind chambers...including Murray
I don't think anyone knows what's going on...were waiting murrays bodyguard is taking notes in the front row
Everyone is still behind chambers...including Murray
.I think there will be a delay in this case...noone is prepared to move forward..
Everyone seems to be in a very chipper mood...even the Sheriffs..
Waiting...
Here we go...they're back
Revision of schedule beginning of opening statements May 9th
Tomorrow the judge will be hearing geragos and weitzman on conflict of interest 2pm
Were out of there...
There is still ongoing discovery...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    Yes, I saw these tweets. Glad I'm not the only one unaware of any hearing ... I've heard a lot of dates being thrown around. There's so much confusion surrounding the hearing dates lately (at least for me). The previous hearing dates have been clear as day.

Hm, I wonder what Twiggy means by "ongoing discovery"...
  • ejacobs29

Trial has been pushed back until may 9, 2011. Jury selection will still get under way March 24=26, 2011.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Yes, I saw these tweets. Glad I'm not the only one unaware of any hearing ... I've heard a lot of dates being thrown around. There's so much confusion surrounding the hearing dates lately (at least for me). The previous hearing dates have been clear as day.

Hm, I wonder what Twiggy means by "ongoing discovery"...
    Maybe she means that that was said to be the reason of the delay. Maybe the defence is discovering new facts and that is why they can't turn over their proof yet.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I don't like delays. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> That means we're going to wait some more and 2012 is so close. So this can mean his plan has nothing to do with 2012 if he doesn't come back this year.
  • I read a post stating that Michael may come back in May.. I am trying to find that post with no luck. So this is a coincidence or what? I wish I can find the post if anyone finds it let us know. thanks... Blessings.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I was so excited!! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> Ah well, why was it delayed? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Maybe Michael's not ready? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • mjaliveomgmjaliveomg Posts: 178
    "One of the sercretaries looks like she has Dodo bird on her desk ...lol"

[youtube:ewvk8276]
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Revision of schedule beginning of opening statements May 9th
    <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    mjaliveomg wrote:

"One of the sercretaries looks like she has Dodo bird on her desk ...lol"

I like to see that <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • sandythymesandythyme Posts: 365
    Some how I am not surprised about the delay. If the trial begins on May 9th and continues for 6 weeks or so as predicted that will get bring us into mid June or so. Which is getting pretty close to Michael's autographed picture to Kenny..... "See you in July 2011". Anyway just a thought. Take care, Love to All...
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    No, this is not possible... I can't believe my eyes, It's not possible!!! Delayed rom March to May??! This is neverending! It has NO SENSE that Michael controls this, deffinitely not! Why delay it 2 months when it is already enough late? Michael is deffinitely not in all this, and to me it looks worse than I ever thought. Neverending delays, all the time. And to reach the end and find out this was a murder and then? the family will say well,that's the truth, it was murder, now go back to release new music and do shitty TV shows and enjoy Michael's money. I can't stand this situation anymore.

And how come there is a hearing and TMZ are not saying a single word about it? Why? No streaming, no words about it.
  • ladylee1979ladylee1979 Posts: 257
    The trial of Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray has been postponed until May (11) despite pleas from his lawyers for it to begin later this month (Mar11).

Earlier this week (begs28Feb11), prosecutors called for the scheduled date of the upcoming involuntary manslaughter trial to be pushed back.

Reports suggested they objected to the 24 March (11) start because they are entitled to receive details of the defence evidence 30 days before the trial begins, a deadline which has already passed.

Murray's legal team appealed to Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor to keep the original date as they "don't have the budget" for lengthy court proceedings.

However, Judge Pastor ruled on Wednesday (02Mar11) that opening statements will be postponed until 9 May (11) - which Murray's lawyers have accepted.

In court papers, obtained by the Associated Press, Murray is quoted as saying, "It is only acceptable to me if this is not strung along over a long period of time. I don't want to lose my constitutional right to speedy trial."

The screening of prospective jurors will still begin as scheduled on 24 March.

Murray is accused of administering the drug Propofol which killed the King of Pop in June 2009

<!-- m -->http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... ed_1205073<!-- m -->
  • MJLive2010MJLive2010 Posts: 139
    Some how I am not surprised about the delay. If the trial begins on May 9th and continues for 6 weeks or so as predicted that will get bring us into mid June or so. Which is getting pretty close to Michael's autographed picture to Kenny..... "See you in July 2011". Anyway just a thought. Take care, Love to All...

I totally agree I also say that MJ will return July 2011 because I dont think it will be another year and The pic from MJ where he wrote See you all in July 2011 is not a FAKE soo keep the faith our King will return this summer I am sure . <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • DoDo Posts: 850
    I read a post stating that Michael may come back in May.. I am trying to find that post with no luck. So this is a coincidence or what? I wish I can find the post if anyone finds it let us know. thanks... Blessings.

Maybe you mean this post, but I might be wrong. It's about the signed photograph. But I don't believe 'May' is mentioned in it.
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18100&p=309769&hilit=may+2011#p309769<!-- l -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    After almost 2 years of the " death " Michael lawyers of Murray have not had time to prepare the defense... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Both expect i despair <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->