Dr. Murray: Key Witnesses Are Undermining Me!

ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
edited January 1970 in News
4 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Lawyers for some key witnesses in Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial over the death of Michael Jackson went to court today, trying to avoid giving up what could be critical evidence in the case.

0316-klein-randy-ex-getty-01.jpg

Lawyers for Dr. Arnold Klein -- Jackson's longtime doc -- and AEG honcho Randy Phillips asked the judge to quash subpoenas issued by Dr. Murray, requiring them to produce information about MJ that the defense claims is relevant to his death.

Murray wants to find out exactly what drugs and treatment Klein gave MJ in the months before his death. TMZ reported Klein injected Michael with Demerol 51 in the 3 months that preceded his death.

As for Phillips, we've learned Murray's team wants to know what interactions AEG had with Michael -- in particular, AEG's expectations about Michael's rehearsal schedule and its involvement in selecting Dr. Murray as Michael's doc.

Lawyers for 5 other witnesses, including Tohme Tohme, Michael's former advisor, also tried to quash their subpoenas.

Comments

• So there are 7 witnesses trying to avoid giving evidence.....
  • mdcmdc Posts: 343

Lawyers for some key witnesses in Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial over the death of Michael Jackson went to court today, trying to avoid giving up what could be critical evidence in the case.

Lawyers for Dr. Arnold Klein -- Jackson's longtime doc -- and AEG honcho Randy Phillips asked the judge to quash subpoenas issued by Dr. Murray, requiring them to produce information about MJ that the defense claims is relevant to his death.

Murray wants to find out exactly what drugs and treatment Klein gave MJ in the months before his death. TMZ reported Klein injected Michael with Demerol 51 in the 3 months that preceded his death.

As for Phillips, we've learned Murray's team wants to know what interactions AEG had with Michael -- in particular, AEG's expectations about Michael's rehearsal schedule and its involvement in selecting Dr. Murray as Michael's doc.

Lawyers for 5 other witnesses, including Tohme Tohme, Michael's former advisor, also tried to quash their subpoenas.

Um, I thought it was reported he had treated MJ's kids in the past and that MJ had selected him. If this were true why would Murray's team need to know AEG's involvement in his selection?
  • Dr. Murray: Key Witnesses Are Undermining Me!

Um, I thought it was reported he had treated MJ's kids in the past and that MJ had selected him. If this were true why would Murray's team need to know AEG's involvement in his selection?

what was reported and the possible truth they may have to reveal under oath might be two totally different ballgames .
  • mdcmdc Posts: 343
    True, but I'm beginning to wonder if there is even a truth left after all the lies and crap we have heard.
  • What's with the flurry of TMZ trial related articles? Very interesting...
    I think it's because they just had the jury question...so they are starting their jury selection
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    "Tohme Tohme", this trial is going to be very interesting
    I think it's because they just had the jury question...so they are starting their jury selection

I am pretty sure jury selection starts May 9th.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Jury selection begins 3/24/11.
  • Dr. Murray: Key Witnesses Are Undermining Me!

wonder if the other three are the body guards who had lawyered up by the preliminary?