Internet growth may be associated with painkiller abuse

2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Internet growth may be associated with spread of painkiller abusehttp://www.latimes.com/health/boostersh ... 9985.story<!-- m -->

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    They're blaming the INTERNET instead of the pharmacies???

What planet am I living on? <!-- sconfused/ -->confused/<!-- sconfused/ --> <!-- serrrr -->errrr<!-- serrrr --> <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    They're blaming the INTERNET instead of the pharmacies???

What planet am I living on? <!-- sconfused/ -->confused/<!-- sconfused/ --> <!-- serrrr -->errrr<!-- serrrr --> <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ -->

I think they are trying to shut down all the illegal pharmacies that are selling the drugs on-line...

I have seen how easy it is...it lets you talk to a doctor first, and then this "Dr" allows the drug of your choice to be avaliable to you....

It was about 7 yrs ago, that I had a prescription drug abuse problem....I tried to by bulk valium on line, a packet of 100... and was sucessful... I live in Australia, and the pharmacy was in America.

Fortunately, customs in Australia stopped the parcel from getting to me....and I was notified that it illegal transaction..I had to pay a fine, or fight it in court if I wanted my "Bag of Goodies". I didn't take it further, and the tablets were destroyed at customs. I was fortunate enough to get a refund though, from the seller...

So thats how easy it is, especially if you live in America...God bless
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    No, the title and the opening paragraph clearly point the finger of blame at "the internet".
    Internet growth may be associated with spread of painkiller abuse

For every 10% increase in Internet use, admission to treatment facilities grew by roughly 1% for narcotics, sedative hypnotics and stimulants, a new study says.(Lawrence K. Ho / Los Angeles Times)

By Marissa Cevallos, HealthKey / For the Booster Shots blog

May 13, 2011, 9:02 a.m.
    Add painkiller abuse to the list of vices for which the Web can potentially be blamed. A new study finds that admission to treatment facilities for prescription drugs has grown in step, roughly, with the spread of high-speed Internet.

The article and the study it is based on is blaming the internet. How retarded. Where's the fall over dead smiley?
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    No, the title and the opening paragraph clearly point the finger of blame at "the internet".
    Internet growth may be associated with spread of painkiller abuse

For every 10% increase in Internet use, admission to treatment facilities grew by roughly 1% for narcotics, sedative hypnotics and stimulants, a new study says.(Lawrence K. Ho / Los Angeles Times)

By Marissa Cevallos, HealthKey / For the Booster Shots blog

May 13, 2011, 9:02 a.m.
    Add painkiller abuse to the list of vices for which the Web can potentially be blamed. A new study finds that admission to treatment facilities for prescription drugs has grown in step, roughly, with the spread of high-speed Internet.

The article and the study it is based on is blaming the internet. How retarded. Where's the fall over dead smiley?

Will this one do...???? <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    seems to be the pattern. don't deal with the real problem just use it to take away a little more freedom. <!-- safraid/ -->afraid/<!-- safraid/ --> <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// -->