Dr. Conrad Murray Protect Me From Nancy Grace! Seeks Jury Sequestration

CyanMoonCyanMoon Posts: 31
edited August 2011 in News
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/19/dr-conrad-murray-nancy-grace-michael-jackson-jury-sequestering-casey-anthony/#.Tk6snqi0PEo<br /><br />Celebrity Justice  8/19/2011 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF<br />Dr. Conrad Murray<br />Protect Me From Nancy Grace!<br />Seeks Jury Sequestration <br /><br />0819-conrad-ex.jpg<br /><br />Dr. Conrad Murray's legal team filed legal papers claiming sequestering the jury during the Michael Jackson manslaughter trial is the only way to protect him and the system from Nancy Grace type "character assassinations."<br /><br />In legal papers obtained by TMZ, Dr. Murray's lawyers argue the only reason the Anthony jurors were untainted was because they were sequestered.  According to the docs, the networks, and in particular Nancy Grace, were well aware of the ratings boost from the trial, and Grace and others engaged in "nonstop on-air abuse of not only the defendant, but the jurors and defense attorneys involved."<br /><br />The legal docs claim, "There is reasonable expectation that Dr. Murray's trial will be the most publicized in history," and that of the several hundred jurors who were polled during jury selection, only one claimed not to have heard of the Murray case, and she didn't speak English.<br /><br />Judge Michael Pastor said last month he would consider sequestering the jury, although he felt it was unnecessary and too expensive.

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Dr. Murray = Michael Jackson
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Interesting they would put "character assassinations" in quotes like this. Here is the Wiki for it:<br /><br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_assassination<br /><br /><br />And another interesting site that mentions the phrase:<br /><br /><br />http://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/michael-jackson-character-assassination-weve-never-seen-before/<br /><br /><br />Michael's entire life is dedicated to helping people, to making the world a better place.  My heart broke into a million pieces from the first allegation.  I was truly heart-broken for him, though I never met him.  To say they assassinated his character is an understatement.  They drew and quartered Michael, then dragged him through the streets of every mind out there....they did it.....the media....the Nancy Graces of the world.  They told the world lies of a king....lies that brought about misery for him.  To be accused of child molestation was the one thing that would hurt him most.....they knew that and ran with it.  My only hope is that the tables will be turned.  To see the media's character assassinated would be a bright spot in this dreary subject.  Murdoch's fall was a start....too bad it didn't last....once again the powers at be keep the truth hidden.  There is so much we do not know, so much to learn still.  I hope one day, Michael will be able to look back at this with fulfillment in his heart.  One day he will understand that people do believe in him.  The throngs that will be streaming back to him after the hoax is revealed will be incredible.  I hope he sees believers as the fans that should have always been......ones that are not blinded by media, ones that think for themselves, ones that stand up to the wrongs of the world, ones that truly believe in him.  He said he has the best fans in the world......truly, would the best fans in the world believe he could hurt a child?  Many did believe it....that must have pained him so much.  Many did stay by him, thank goodness.  My dream is that every person sees and knows the truth of his innocence.  The media struck fear into the hearts of millions by showing us the evil side of the King of Pop.  People should not fear the media, it's the media that should fear the people (a little play with the famous quote).  My point with all this is it doesn't matter what they do with the jury.......I think sequestering the media is a better alternative!  Could you imagine......sequestering all the media away until the end of the trial?  Heaven indeed.  <br /><br /><br />Thanks for getting through the rambles of my mind....sometimes it just keeps coming out onto the keyboard, lol.<br />Hope everyone is off to a great weekend!<br />Blessings Always
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Will Murray a fair trial, as he did not have Michael? Sequester the jury?, seriously?
  • I might feel more sympathy if Murray wasnt allegedly going to try to prove in his tstimony that Michael committed suicide.  That piece doesn’t fit for me and I don’t like it.  If you can explain how thatis good, then maybe you will open my eyes.  Right now, I just don’t see what that could lend to the hoax :-\
  • "There is reasonable expectation that Dr. Murray's trial will be the most publicized in history," <br /> bounce/ <br />That's the reason I'm still here... I hope through this trial everything will be eplained and Michael's name will be cleared for once and for all. The whole world's jaws will be down when it'll appear that the KING Lives!
  • looking4truthlooking4truth Posts: 1,450
    on 1313788002:
    <br />I might feel more sympathy if Murray wasnt allegedly going to try to prove in his tstimony that Michael committed suicide.  That piece doesn’t fit for me and I don’t like it.  If you can explain how thatis good, then maybe you will open my eyes.  Right now, I just don’t see what that could lend to the hoax :-\ <br />
    <br /><br />Well Michael did kill himself... in a way. And if he can prove it then BAM Michael's back or BACK...or whatever.
  • i am chomping at the bit to see this trial start. then we see if people are paying any attention. right now it really doesn't look that way to me.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    By linking the case of Casey Anthony with Murray? ," perhaps already be announcing that Murray will be acquitted<br />The jury agreed to declare innocent Anthony of first degree murder. Innocent of child abuse with aggravating circumstances. Innocent of involuntary manslaughter. Harvey is a lawyer
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Isaiah 8:19New Living Translation (NLT)<br /><br /><br /> [size=12pt]19 Someone may say to you, “Let’s ask the mediums and those who consult the spirits of the dead. With their whisperings and mutterings, they will tell us what to do.” But shouldn’t people ask God for guidance? Should the living seek guidance from the dead?[/size]<br /><br /><br />This day in history.....August 19th 1612..  The most famous of  witch trials held there over two days, among the most famous in English history........<br /><br />The Samlesbury witches were three women from the Lancashire village of Samlesbury – Jane Southworth, Jennet Bierley, and Ellen Bierley – accused by a 14-year-old girl, Grace Sowerbutts, of practising witchcraft. Their trial at Lancaster Assizes in England on 19 August 1612 was one in a series of witch trials held there over two days, among the most famous in English history.[2] The trials were unusual for England at that time in two respects: Thomas Potts, the clerk to the court, published the proceedings in his The Wonderfull Discoverie of Witches in the Countie of Lancaster; and the number of the accused found guilty and hanged was unusually high, ten at Lancaster and another at York.[3] However, all three of the Samlesbury women were acquitted.<br /><br />The charges against the women included child murder and cannibalism. In contrast, the others tried at the same assizes, who included the Pendle witches, were accused of maleficium – causing harm by witchcraft.[4] [size=18pt]The case against the three women collapsed "spectacularly" when the chief prosecution witness, Grace [/size] Sowerbutts, was exposed by the trial judge to be "the perjuring tool of a Catholic priest".[1]<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samlesbury_witches<br /><br />Amazing how this is so similar.... ;) ;)
  • on 1313779482:
    <br />http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/19/dr-conrad-murray-nancy-grace-michael-jackson-jury-sequestering-casey-anthony/#.Tk6snqi0PEo<br /><br />Celebrity Justice  8/19/2011 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF<br />Dr. Conrad Murray<br />Protect Me From Nancy Grace!<br />Seeks Jury Sequestration <br /><br /><br /><br />Dr. Conrad Murray's legal team filed legal papers claiming sequestering the jury during the Michael Jackson manslaughter trial is the only way to protect him and the system from Nancy Grace type "character assassinations."<br /><br />In legal papers obtained by TMZ, Dr. Murray's lawyers argue the only reason the Anthony jurors were untainted was because they were sequestered.  According to the docs, the networks, and in particular Nancy Grace, were well aware of the ratings boost from the trial, and Grace and others engaged in "nonstop on-air abuse of not only the defendant, but the jurors and defense attorneys involved."<br /><br />The legal docs claim, "There is reasonable expectation that Dr. Murray's trial will be the most publicized in history," and that of the several hundred jurors who were polled during jury selection, only one claimed not to have heard of the Murray case, and she didn't speak English.<br /><br />Judge Michael Pastor said last month he would consider sequestering the jury, [size=18pt]although he felt it was unnecessary and too expensive[/size].<br />
    <br /> >:(  to avoid media influence and to serve fair justice judge Pastor shouldn't worry about the expenses in the least.<br /> <br />
    "There is reasonable expectation that Dr. Murray's trial will be the most publicized in history," 
    <br />If the trial didn't have media attention yet, it surely will have now ;D . Copy&paste journalism! TMZ's one of them, if TMZ is hoax related, we might assume that it's all according to plan and that there's a reason that Michael is aiming for huge media coverage. TRUTH WILL PREVAIL  bow/  & truth is to be told.<br /> <br />http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/michael-jackson-case-could-be-most-publicized-trial-in-history-attorneys-say.html<br />