Black Eyed Peas to play Michael Jackson Millennium Stadium tribute gig Read Mor

finfinfinfin Posts: 648
Black Eyed Peas to play Michael Jackson Millennium Stadium tribute gig<br /><br />Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/09/23/black-eyed-peas-to-play-michael-jackson-millennium-stadium-tribute-gig-91466-29475048/#ixzz1Yn67kKQB<br /><br /> The Black Eye Peas: Playing Michael Jackson tribute act<br /><br />black-eye-peas-569052691.jpg<br />The Black Eyed Peas will join the star-studded line-up for Michael Forever, the Jackson family’s Millennium Stadium tribute to Michael Jackson.<br /><br />The band who have sold 56 million records are acknowledged Jackson fans and paid tribute to Michael at the Glastonbury Festival in 2009.<br /><br />Peas’ co-founder will.i.am worked as a producer in the studio with Michael, from 2007 until his death. Speaking from L.A. he said: “This show is going to be an incredibly personal and moving evening for me.<br /><br />“Remember that Michael’s music, his great, great songs, have been an inspiration to my whole life and certainly formed the soundtrack to my childhood. When I was a little kid of six or seven growing up in Los Angeles, there was Michael recording Thriller, and all his early hits, just a few miles away across town - obviously I didn’t know him at that time, but I loved him as a fan.<br /><br /><br />“Then one day about four years ago, with The Black Eyed Peas well established, I got a call from him I will never forget. I then had the great privilege of working with him and getting to know him and his beautiful family.”<br /><br />“That’s why The Black Eyed Peas wouldn’t miss being at the Millennium Stadium for this gig on October 8th: we all owe Michael such a lot.”<br /><br />Appearing on the night will be members of the Jackson family, including, from the original Jackson Five, Michael’s brother Marlon, who said: "We‘re all really delighted and touched that the Black Eyed Peas are able to come and take part “ he commented.<br /><br />“My brother rated Will.i.am and the original things he does in music very highly. I guess you could say it was a case of mutual respect.”<br /><br />The Black Eyed Peas also played the opening of the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, where they were watched live by more than 700 million people around the globe.<br /><br />The Saturday, October 8, line-up also includes Christina Aguilera, multi Grammy winner Cee Lo Green, oscar & Bafta winning singer and actress Jennifer Hudson, Motown legends Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson, British artists Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, JLS and Diversity as well as Ne-Yo, Pixie Lott, Alien Ant Farm, Jamie Foxx and Craig David.<br /><br /><br /><br />Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2011/09/23/black-eyed-peas-to-play-michael-jackson-millennium-stadium-tribute-gig-91466-29475048/#ixzz1Yn5loQ7o

Comments