Black Eyed Peas Sorry, We're OUT of the MJ Tribute Concert

ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
edited January 1970 in News
Black Eyed PeasSorry, We're OUT of the MJ Tribute Concert[url=http://1005-bep-bn-01.jpg<br /><br />The Black Eyed Peas have PULLED OUT of Saturday's big Michael Jackson Tribute Concert -- after promoters claim they have suddenly become "unable to perform."<br /><br />The details are still unclear -- but the promoters just released a statement saying, "Due to unavoidable circumstances, the Black Eyed Peas will be unable to perform at this Saturday’s Michael Forever event."<br /><br />Chris Hunt, the CEO of Global Live Events -- the company behind the show -- claims the show will still feature several other "earth shattering artists" ... such as Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo Green. <br /><br />TMZ reached out to a rep for the Peas ... who confirmed the group is out of the show, but wouldn't expand on the reason behind the decision]<br /><br />1005-bep-bn-01.jpg<br /><br />The Black Eyed Peas have PULLED OUT of Saturday's big Michael Jackson Tribute Concert -- after promoters claim they have suddenly become "unable to perform."<br /><br />The details are still unclear -- but the promoters just released a statement saying, "Due to unavoidable circumstances, the Black Eyed Peas will be unable to perform at this Saturday’s Michael Forever event."<br /><br />Chris Hunt, the CEO of Global Live Events -- the company behind the show -- claims the show will still feature several other "earth shattering artists" ... such as Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo Green. <br /><br />TMZ reached out to a rep for the Peas ... who confirmed the group is out of the show, but wouldn't expand on the reason behind the decision[/url]

Comments

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    And how many are left?
  • I don't really get this Tribute Concert... the fans are boycotting it, there aren't even that many big names, not even all the Jacksons are going to be there, and yet even in my country (The Netherlands) it's going to be live on television. It just doesn't add up.  suspicious// <br /><br />Any ideas about the role this tribute concert is going to play? I don't think anything will happen there... although I think there are going to be clues like at the memorial.
  • /overreacting/
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    What a surprise!  lolol/
  • There will be no tribute concert.. How can you give a tribute to a man WHO IS ALIVE??? Slowly slowly, everyone will drop out.. Bingo no concert..
  • on 1317872121:
    <br />There will be no tribute concert.. How can you give a tribute to a man WHO IS ALIVE??? Slowly slowly, everyone will drop out.. Bingo no concert.. <br />
    <br /><br />There are tribute concerts for people who are alive, aren't there? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.<br /><br />However, this just seems off. I am hopeful that this is intentional on MJ's part because if it's not then I'm appalled at the lack of support from the entertainment industry for Michael. Will.I.Am is a good friend to Michael so that has me curious as to why they'd back out.<br /><br />I will be watching it because I know that Michael is alive and there has to be some purpose in this or else I don't believe MJ's kids wouldn't be there.<br /><br />Blessings<br />
  • Who thinks the tribute show will go ahead?...we are about 2 days out, and it doesn't seem it will be cancelled.<br /><br /><br />P.S- Has the tribute show sold any tickets yet?
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    on 1317892335:
    <br />Who thinks the tribute show will go ahead?...we are about 2 days out, and it doesn't seem it will be cancelled.<br /><br /><br />P.S- Has the tribute show sold any tickets yet? <br />
    <br /><br /><br />http://www.facebook.com/M4Tribute?sk=wall<br /><br /><br />via this link, you catch up latest what going on with the tribute,  and to me, it seems be going ahead as planned
  • the idea of it being telecast all over makes it a combination of  /woohoo/ OMG! suspicious// afraid/ WTF??  to me. time will tell. maybe  elvis_/ :lol:
  • on 1317897793:
    <br />
    on 1317892335:
    <br />Who thinks the tribute show will go ahead?...we are about 2 days out, and it doesn't seem it will be cancelled.<br /><br /><br />P.S- Has the tribute show sold any tickets yet? <br />
    <br /><br /><br />http://www.facebook.com/M4Tribute?sk=wall<br /><br />Thanks WillddoMJ<br /><br />Does anyone know where it will be broadcast besides facebook, I don't have facebook.<br /><br /><br />via this link, you catch up latest what going on with the tribute,  and to me, it seems be going ahead as planned<br />
  • Yeah, I don't really think it's going to happen... if it does it will probably be more like a pieced together show of pre-recorded performances than a live tribute. Just a guess. <br />As for Black Eyed Peas dropping out... well, duh! lol.. I think Will I Am is a pretty smart dude and probably has had an idea of what is going on for quite some time.
  • So who will remain, Christina aguillera, Cee lo Green, Jaimie Foxx. that is the tribute??<br />You can do a tribute with only 3 artist.. Oh yeah also the Jacksons.. I think, it will be cancelled.
  • There is a rumor of splitting for the band. I just heard that on the radio...Maybe it's the reason why they cancelled for the show.
  • alfarlealfarle Posts: 440
    Maybe they're under a ctrl spell too and maybe they are afraid that they would get in trouble for supporting Michael.... So maybe that's why they backed out.
  • Well the facebook thing is cancelled acording to this: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394286,00.asp#fbid=0vk9x64DeJi<br /> <br />and Chris Brown has been refused entry (I didn't realise he was invited) according to this:<br />http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/10/07/chris-brown-barred-from-entering-the-uk-for-michael-jackson-tribute-gig-115875-23471993/<br /> <br />So it's not looking too good  :shock:
  • There are still tickets available. I tried for 5 tickets seated together and they were available. (I'm not going lol)  8-)
  • So:<br /><br />BEP aren't coming<br />Chris Brown isn't coming<br />It won't be aired live in 30 countries anymore<br />The Facebook stream is canceled<br /><br />Is this Tribute going to happen at all??? With so many negative news it wouldn't surprise me if it gets canceled.
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    on 1317985067:
    <br />Well the facebook thing is cancelled acording to this: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394286,00.asp#fbid=0vk9x64DeJi<br /> <br />and Chris Brown has been refused entry (I didn't realise he was invited) according to this:<br />http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/10/07/chris-brown-barred-from-entering-the-uk-for-michael-jackson-tribute-gig-115875-23471993/<br /> <br />So it's not looking too good  :shock: <br />
    <br /><br />Here's a quote from the article about Chris Brown:  <br /><br />"It was suggested Brown perform as a hologram from the US but a source said: “It would put a negative slant on the day. “The family wants to make sure the show is a fitting tribute to Michael.”<br />A HOLOGRAM?  <br /><br />So if Chris Brown were there it would put a negative spin....so why was he invited?<br />
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1317994941:
    <br />So:<br /><br />BEP aren't coming<br />Chris Brown isn't coming<br />It won't be aired live in 30 countries anymore<br />The Facebook stream is canceled<br /><br />Is this Tribute going to happen at all??? With so many negative news it wouldn't surprise me if it gets canceled.<br />
    <br /><br />This sounds like piece by piece the tribute is getting cancelled. :lol:
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Strange from the beginning..... ???/ ::) .....all to see.... :D assuming that there will be!!!! :)
  • alfarlealfarle Posts: 440
    The show is still going on. LaToya, Jackie, even Paris have all recently tweeted about it yesterday and today. Jackie tweeted yesterday I believe that he was excited and that he was just getting out of rehearsals(not verbatim). Let the show go on! party/ /bravo/ /bravo/ beerchug
  • LoesLoes Posts: 612
    So nobody can watch the show, only the people with tickets ...  confused/ <br />It supposed to be aired in 100 countries live.<br /> <br />Nice a tribute almost nobody can see ...  /pull hair/ <br /> <br />(I was hoping for a big surprise, but it's not going to happen now.)<br /> <br /> <br />