What's propofol taste like? Dr. Shafer knows!

all4loveandbelieveall4loveandbelieve Posts: 4,455
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
[size=12pt]Dr. Steven Shafer testified that he drank about 20 milliliters of propofol only one time, before conducting a study on oral ingestion of the anesthetic with six human subjects.<br /><br />In a testy exchange, Chernoff pointed out that in his earlier testimony, Dr. Shafer said that ingestion of propofol was not effective orally and that even a first year medical student should have known that, but despite this knowledge Dr. Shafer still conducted the human study directing volunteers to drink propofol and he himself even drank it.  Chernoff said Dr. Shafer did all of this just to spite the defense expert Dr. Paul White and to prove Dr. White was wrong.[/size]<br /><br />http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/22/whats-propofol-taste-like-dr-shafer-knows/

Comments

• Is this doctor for real?? He ingested propofol for a study?? Okay.. Now I have heard everything..
  • WTF LMAO.
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    This is bullchips! ::) <br /><br />Any lab scientist knows you never put yourself in a test group for lack of objectivity---> that's why you have a test group and a control group...no bias.<br /><br />Again...misdirection...trying to get off the real issue...was Murray negligent? <br /><br />Let's just have these two doctors go at it and forget why the court case is even here.bitchslap2.gif<br /><br />I'm sure many more of these "reports "will be surfacing. I wonder how many volunteers...40 perhaps?
  • on 1319417160:
    <br />This is bullchips! ::) <br /><br />Any lab scientist knows you never put yourself in a test group for lack of objectivity---> that's why you have a test group and a control group...no bias.<br /><br />Again...misdirection...trying to get off the real issue...was Murray negligent? <br /><br />Let's just have these two doctors go at it and forget why the court case is even here.bitchslap2.gif<br /><br />I'm sure many more of these "reports "will be surfacing. I wonder how many volunteers...40 perhaps?<br /> lolol/  I can just see they fight.. and the winner is????
  • hagitghagitg Posts: 89
    a friend of mine who works in a veterinarian clinic (apparently they use it on animals as well)  accidentally got a drop of propofol in her mouth a few days ago. she said it tasted like crap. <br />she's not a believer or a fan so she had to call me and ask how the hell did michael drink that.<br /> lolol/
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    It's just insulting to think anyone would assume Michael didn't know the difference between ingesting and infusing!<br /><br />This man had over 10,000 volumes of books in his home when they raided Neverland.  He's probably studied enough medical terminology to get a medical degree! <br /><br />Yet they keep tossing this nonsense out there that he drank the Propofol! ::)<br /> <br />....Oh well, I guess maybe Michael got impatient and mixed the Propofol "milk" in his coffee and then proceeded to scarf down a whole pastry before going to bed that night. (sarcasm)<br />piesmiley1.gifkaffesmile.gif
  • on 1319420918:
    <br />It's just insulting to think anyone would assume Michael didn't know the difference between ingesting and infusing!<br /><br />This man had over 10,000 volumes of books in his home when they raided Neverland.  He's probably studied enough medical terminology to get a medical degree! <br /><br />Yet they keep tossing this nonsense out there that he drank the Propofol!<br /> <br />I guess maybe Michael mixed the Propofol "milk" in his coffee and then proceeded to scarf down a whole pastry before going to bed that night. (sarcasm)<br />piesmiley1.gifkaffesmile.gif<br />
    <br /><br />Thanks for the laugh!  (love sarcastic humor)<br />This week will prove to be very interesting.  I'm waiting for them to call a surprise witness....Michael Jackson.....LOL
  • Alot of people are underestimating Michael. This man is super intelligent. He reads and he is self educated in everything. I wish people can just stop and reflect what this man is capable of doing..
  • LMAO...but Shafer only drank it once...according to Conrad, MJ had propofol everyday for 2months, so unless Shafer drinks it for 2 months (by then this trial will be over) then it has no bearing...but yeah, I can't believe Shafer tested it...lol...he is taking this case really seriously.<br /><br /><br />On a side note, I like Shafer, but to me sometimes he is kinda cunning or mischievous, which you can see in the way he answers questions, but still Shafer is a real character...whatzup DOC?
  • Aidan_81Aidan_81 Posts: 382
    First, I can't believe people keep that "he drank propofol" BS alive.<br />It's BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS, why repeating it  /overreacting/<br />How did such CRAZY thought make it through defence mind in the first place?  fresse/<br />And why it angers me - I'm absolutely sure there are mediocre minds who actually<br />might believe this is what happened and this is what killed MJ  geek/<br />Second, it's SAFE anyway. Yucky but safe. Drink it if you dare. Here is convenience bag. No coffin needed.<br />Third, I like Dr. Shafer  respect/ - such a cool nerdy character, truly obsessed<br />scientists who even drank it himself, wow, my kind of scientist  :lol: !<br />Can't wait to see them slapping each other with Dr. White. Epic battle.
  • on 1319441586:
    <br />Can't wait to see them slapping each other with Dr. White. Epic battle.<br />
    <br /><br />Like the monkey and Ben Stiller in Night of the Museum  :lol: :lol: :lol:<br /><br />On another note....why was Dr White at the testimony of Alon.S and the that sleep expert guy on Day 11?...I thought he was only suppose to be there for Shafer's testimony?...looks like Dr White has taken the reins for the defense, while CM goes to sleep and dobs on the prosecution to White, Chernoff makes priceless facial expressions all day and Flann,  :lol: :lol: :lol: and Flann smokes Lorazepam (if that is even possible), when he is not asking dumb questions to the witnessess... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:<br /><br />Seriously MJ picked a good set of people for the defense and prosecution team, these guys are priceless....<br /><br />....Oh no Flann is passed out on the floor from smoking too much Lorazepam, someone better call the legal secretary to go send a law clerk, but wait 12 min first  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:....jk
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    on 1319442388:
    <br />....why was Dr White at the testimony of Alon.S and the that sleep expert guy on Day 11?...I thought he was only suppose to be there for Shafer's testimony?<br />
    <br /><br />From what I read (ha, if I can believe that!), the judge 'allowed' him to be there for the 3 'experts' testimonies.
  • Thanks Curls