La Toya Jackson Heavy D Was a Great Friend to Me and Michael

ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
edited January 1970 in News
La Toya JacksonHeavy D Was a Great Friend to Me and Michael <br /><br />11/8/2011 2:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF<br /><br />1108-latoya-heavy-d-getty-ex.jpg<br /><br /><br />La Toya Jackson tells TMZ she was shocked to learn about the death of her dear friend Heavy D -- especially because they just performed together last month. <br /><br />"This is very shocking and a tragic loss," La Toya said ... adding, "I just performed with Heavy D at the Forever Michael tribute concert and he was a friend to Michael and a friend to me."<br /><br />Heavy and La Toya rocked out to "Jam" during the October 8th show in Wales -- and Heavy seemed perfectly fine. <br /><br />La Toya continued, "We have lost a great person and terrific performer, my prayers and condolences go out to his family and fans.<br /><br />The celebrity tributes are pouring in -- TMZ just spoke with Chuck D ... who told us, "I am sitting here stunned and shocked about this ... I can’t believe it. [Heavy] was a hip hop god ... this is a sad tragedy to hear."<br /><br />Chuck continued, "He will always be remembered and I'm thankful for him for what he's done for hip hop culture."<br /><br />Martin Lawrence -- who appeared with Heavy D in "Life" -- tells TMZ, "Heavy D was a talented performer and one of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met.  I was to happy to have known him, my prayers are with his family. God Bless him”<br /><br /><br />update-bar.jpg<br />Samuel L. Jackson, Nicki Minaj, Usher -- click here for more shocked reactions.

Comments

• Everybody that knew him personally had "nuttin' but love" for him.  They pretty much all said that he was the nicest person that they knew.<br /><br />"Never stop believing.. Magic is just science we don't understand.. Every original idea was considered insanity at first.."<br /><br /><br />His final tweet on twitter: "BE INSPIRED!"
  • Suzy7Suzy7 Posts: 314
    I still cant believe he died, life can be gone so quickly. I just saw him perform amazingly at the hip-hop awards not long ago so this was shocking, and he was so young.<br /><br />R.I.P. Heavy D!<br />"Be Inspired." simple and true.