Barbara Walters taking her cues from MJ?

RememberHisTimeRememberHisTime Posts: 98
edited January 1970 in News
'This is it': Barbara Walters to announce retirement<br />Andrew Rafferty TODAY<br />5 hours ago<br /><br />Barbara Walters is set to announce her retirement.<br />After an expansive and distinguished career that made her one of the best known journalists in the world, Barbara Walters will be calling it quits, ABCNews.com reported late Sunday.<br /><br />The newscaster will announce Monday on her show “The View” that – after 37 years with ABC News – she will be retiring in the summer of 2014, the website reports. She will continue to host the talk show and report for ABC News until her retirement.<br /><br />Walters career began in 1961 at NBC’s TODAY where she eventually became a co-host. In 1976 she made history by becoming the first female to anchor an evening news program when she joined ABC “Evening News.” She became a co-host of “20/20” three years later.<br /><br />In recent years she has become best known for her role as a host of “The View,” a round-table talk show she created in 1997. She will retain her title of executive producer of the show even after she ceases to appear on it.<br /><br />Walters told The New York Times, “When I go there is not going to be any, ‘Please can I have another appearance?’ I don’t want to do any more interviews. I don’t want to do any other programs. I’m not joining CNN. This is it.